Horn bmd says Charlie needs 8 wins in 2016

22,999 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LonghornDub
Chips2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Womp womp
musicman55
AG
Look at their remaining schedule and come up with FOUR more wins, much less six.

Kansas is the only sure thing I see on the remaining sip schedule.
BQ1981
AG
tu had 16 underclassmen starting last week (offense, defense, special teams). We had 6.
Underclassmen make mistakes. This is 99% of their problem.

They can fire Charlie, but he is not the problem.
permabull
AG
tamusc
AG
hypeiv said:

So they are just young again?
Exactly, they have been a "young" team for years now.
stick93
AG
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E. said:

Quote:

So I started doing some light reading on a couple of other B12 boards and A&M's board. After reading through the boards and gathering a consensus about what other schools think and believe about Texas and Co., I came to one conclusion....... the empire is rising and the false kings of the lands are taking notice.
Most of these boards labor on about how Strong won't be there next year, and how these kids are going to Texas to waste their talents, or that they beat Texas with highly rated recruits before so this makes no difference. But, from their tone, it does make a difference. These fans and supporters from other schools need Texas to be down to have a chance. It's palpable, the tension that they feel that Texas and Strong have shifted the landscape back to the Horns.
These fan continue to believe that they are still in the Mack Brown era of Texas, where we stockpile talent and let that talent develop on its own by being nurtured within a cocoon of Texas love. Yet, they don't realize that Strong has gone out and recruited talent with an edge, or like some would say a "dog" mentality. Strong brings them in, Moorer put them through the grinder, and now we have the coaching staff that will mold them with precision.
They think this is the same ole Texas but they have never seen Strong with a team of "his" guys, they haven't seen Texas with a system offense, but this it what they will see. Texas now will roll out with plus ATHLETES at almost every position and athletes win games when it's played in the wide open. This is why the fans of other schools hate that for the last two years the Malik's and Warren's of the high school ranks choose Texas, and why Baylor was infuriated that Sterling is bringing Art's system to Texas. If you take a system that was created to help lesser teams play against more talented teams, and substitute more talented players in the system, you have a recipe for domination. Add in to that recipe players on Defense that can play in space because of their athletic ability and now you remove 10-13 pts off the score board, and you have the start of a new Empire.
It's here ladies and gents, the new era of Texas football. We are the dog behind the fence, we are the sleeping giant, and we are the fighter that was knocked down. But those days are over, we are rising, we slowly pulled ourselves up off the canvas and brushed away the sweat and blood from our face. We've taken the punches and now it's time to punch back, it begins on Sept. 4!
The Rise of the EMPIRE

It's here ladies and gents...the RISE of the EMPIRE. I wish I could find this smarmy little Nostradamus and execute him via throat punch.
dreyOO
musicman55 said:

Look at their remaining schedule and come up with FOUR more wins, much less six.

Kansas is the only sure thing I see on the remaining sip schedule.
Actually, as pathetic as BDF defenses are, they could go to an all-run offense with Swoopes and those backs and probably win conference.

But the intellects on the 40 haven't yet figured that out.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Quote:

If Charlie is gone we better break the bank for Herman. Messing that up and losing out to LSU or USC would be a complete embarrassment.
tamusc
AG
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E. said:

Quote:

So I started doing some light reading on a couple of other B12 boards and A&M's board. After reading through the boards and gathering a consensus about what other schools think and believe about Texas and Co., I came to one conclusion....... the empire is rising and the false kings of the lands are taking notice.
Most of these boards labor on about how Strong won't be there next year, and how these kids are going to Texas to waste their talents, or that they beat Texas with highly rated recruits before so this makes no difference. But, from their tone, it does make a difference. These fans and supporters from other schools need Texas to be down to have a chance. It's palpable, the tension that they feel that Texas and Strong have shifted the landscape back to the Horns.
These fan continue to believe that they are still in the Mack Brown era of Texas, where we stockpile talent and let that talent develop on its own by being nurtured within a cocoon of Texas love. Yet, they don't realize that Strong has gone out and recruited talent with an edge, or like some would say a "dog" mentality. Strong brings them in, Moorer put them through the grinder, and now we have the coaching staff that will mold them with precision.
They think this is the same ole Texas but they have never seen Strong with a team of "his" guys, they haven't seen Texas with a system offense, but this it what they will see. Texas now will roll out with plus ATHLETES at almost every position and athletes win games when it's played in the wide open. This is why the fans of other schools hate that for the last two years the Malik's and Warren's of the high school ranks choose Texas, and why Baylor was infuriated that Sterling is bringing Art's system to Texas. If you take a system that was created to help lesser teams play against more talented teams, and substitute more talented players in the system, you have a recipe for domination. Add in to that recipe players on Defense that can play in space because of their athletic ability and now you remove 10-13 pts off the score board, and you have the start of a new Empire.
It's here ladies and gents, the new era of Texas football. We are the dog behind the fence, we are the sleeping giant, and we are the fighter that was knocked down. But those days are over, we are rising, we slowly pulled ourselves up off the canvas and brushed away the sweat and blood from our face. We've taken the punches and now it's time to punch back, it begins on Sept. 4!
The Rise of the EMPIRE

The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Quote:

I don't think we'll have to "break the bank." I think he [Herman] wants this job
Snap E Tom
BQ1981 said:

tu had 16 underclassmen starting last week (offense, defense, special teams). We had 6.
Underclassmen make mistakes. This is 99% of their problem.

They can fire Charlie, but he is not the problem.
My question, then, is why? Where did their upperclassmen go? Charlie couldn't have dismissed *everyone* from Mack's teams.

Did he not develop his players properly from Mack's last class and his first?

Did he make Faustian playing time promises for the freshman in exchange for a top recruiting class?

I ask this because ultimately, I think it is Charlie's fault.
Rocco S
Stevetex. said:

Quote:

My [cough] prediction: 14-0, defeating A&M in the national championship game.

7 wins shows progress.

The way he's recruiting guarantees he will be back in 2017. It's just a matter of time before Texas is back.

AgOutsideAustin
AG
^^^^ 7 wins huh steveo? Chollie better start this weekend.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Will he end the season with more commitments or wins? I'm taking bets now.
Saint Arnold
AG
stick93 said:

The Rise of the EMPIRE
And ultimately...

ABATTBQ87
AG
And so it ends, 5-7
StephenvilleAg77
first loss to tcu was by 34 points
2nd loss to tcu was by 43 points
3rd loss was by 24 points

trending up, stevetex
Stevetex.
StephenvilleAg77 said:

trending up, stevetex

He was trending up with 3 shots to be bowl eligible.

Chuck did himself no favors going 0 - 3 to close the season

All he had to do was make it to a bowl.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Saint Arnold said:

stick93 said:

The Rise of the EMPIRE
And ultimately...

That means this was from the postgame of the KU game last week:

StephenvilleAg77
16 wins for $25,000,000
petey88
Stevetex. said:

StephenvilleAg77 said:

trending up, stevetex

He was trending up with 3 shots to be bowl eligible.

Chuck did himself no favors going 0 - 3 to close the season

All he had to do was make it to a bowl.

ah, stevo,

"trending up",...shallow chants for stupid
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
StephenvilleAg77 said:

16 wins for $25,000,000
Sounds like a helluva deal to me. But I have a timeshare on Lake Conroe, too.
LonghornDub
blindey said:

StephenvilleAg77 said:

16 wins for $25,000,000
Sounds like a helluva deal to me. But I have a timeshare on Lake Conroe, too.
There's some service company that advertises on AM 740 in Houston that claims they can get you out of that timeshare. Good luck.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.