Horn bmd says Charlie needs 8 wins in 2016

23,021 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LonghornDub
Junction1956
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Consuming weed? I thought it was possession of an illegal substance while in possession of a firearm?

A misdemeanor.

Did you google Edwin Simmons? I'm sure Edwin was drug tested.

How much money did Texas pay the girl in the sexual assault case against McCoy/ Hicks? What is it with Big 12 schools raping and sexual assaults?

Why not recognize that the local DA made a decision based on case facts and since you don't like his decision , file a formal compliant? Oh, you can't, you're a longhorn and you don't have any balls.

Roll Tide
Stevetex.
quote:
Consuming weed? I thought it was possession of an illegal substance while in possession of a firearm?

A misdemeanor.

Did you google Edwin Simmons? I'm sure Edwin was drug tested.

How much money did Texas pay the girl in the sexual assault case against McCoy/ Hicks? What is it with Big 12 schools raping and sexual assaults?

Why not recognize that the local DA made a decision based on case facts and since you don't like his decision and file a formal compliant? Oh, you can't, you're a longhorn and you don't have any balls.

Roll Tide

Possession of a stolen hand gun in the presence of narcotics is a Felony.

Wow Nick Saben has done a job on y'all.

And stop going way back in years. Texas is under new management and Chuck is in his current position for kicking out guys like those.
ABATTBQ87
AG

quote:
And stop going way back in years.
Same to ya stud
Junction1956
Steve,

It is indeed a sad day when a Bama grad has to educate a Texas grad.

Read the statute. Cam Robinson bought the stolen gun at a pawn shop, turned both guns over to authorities, Monroe police officials were able to confirm the purchase. Cam will get his legally purchased gun back since the misdemeanor charges were dropped by the DA.

Saban has nothing to do with a crime committed in Louisiana. He let the legal system do it's job.

Now if you're accusing the 4th District DA of official judicial malfeasance, which is a felony, why not nut up and file a formal compliant?

I notice that you failed to address the Edwin Simmon's fiasco or how much money Texas paid the girl in the McCoy/Hicks sexual assault/rape case?

Since you want more current events, how much did Texas pay the boy that had his jaw broken by a Texas athlete because he was dating the athlete's former girlfriend?

How about the routine traffic stop in Austin when Texas football players had a block of marijuana in the car? More than a doobie or a Baggie.

Stop being so sanctimonious in thinking Texas has "Core Values".

Roll Tide
Fightin Ag491
quote:
However, I stated real early last season, Chollie out by November, so don't take my take, but stevo, rv, hairywhorns, you clowns need to wake up to reality.
To be fair, I've never really said that I think Charlie is "the guy." I certainly want him to be, and I think the kids like him a lot, but he has yet to show me that he is a coach that can win consistently. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's gone by the end of the 2016 season, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he beats OU, finishes with 6 or 7 wins, and they give him another freaking year, which is my biggest fear at this point.

However, I'm slightly more optimistic about him this year than texags, who I think the average prediction of wins is around 4.5 haha. Clown Question and I discussed this earlier this year:

http://texags.com/forums/6/topics/2723934/2

Also, honored to have a misspelled nickname. I'm finally OR big time!
petey88

Good morning sip hairy.

just happened to turn the page, and look who's here,....stevo and hairy

enjoy your day, now you can bow down to reality
Credible Source
AG
Good luck trying to keep Texas fans from being sanctimonious. Their complete lack of self awareness is legendary.
Stevetex.
quote:
Steve,

It is indeed a sad day when a Bama grad has to educate a Texas grad.

Read the statute. Cam Robinson bought the stolen gun at a pawn shop, turned both guns over to authorities, Monroe police officials were able to confirm the purchase. Cam will get his legally purchased gun back since the misdemeanor charges were dropped by the DA.

Saban has nothing to do with a crime committed in Louisiana. He let the legal system do it's job.

Now if you're accusing the 4th District DA of official judicial malfeasance, which is a felony, why not nut up and file a formal compliant?

I notice that you failed to address the Edwin Simmon's fiasco or how much money Texas paid the girl in the McCoy/Hicks sexual assault/rape case?

Since you want more current events, how much did Texas pay the boy that had his jaw broken by a Texas athlete because he was dating the athlete's former girlfriend?

How about the routine traffic stop in Austin when Texas football players had a block of marijuana in the car? More than a doobie or a Baggie.

Stop being so sanctimonious in thinking Texas has "Core Values".

Roll Tide

I think Charlie has proved his point what he expects from his players.
aggiehawg
AG
Strong is the kind of coach you get when everything else is in flux and there is no one running the show.

After months of the "Mack Brown Saga," the "Dodds Dilemma," and the "Powers Siege" few great coaches felt compelled to sign on to that much uncertainty. Had they hired a respected and well-known AD like a Bill Byrne, Jeremy Foley, Oliver Luck they probably would have been able to use their contacts and gravitas to overcome those doubts and concerns and land someone high on the wish list (except Saban, Bama will never let him go.)

Instead, this guy was hired:

The clothes make the man, as they say.
Stevetex.
quote:
Strong is the kind of coach you get when everything else is in flux and there is no one running the show.

After months of the "Mack Brown Saga," the "Dodds Dilemma," and the "Powers Siege" few great coaches felt compelled to sign on to that much uncertainty. Had they hired a respected and well-known AD like a Bill Byrne, Jeremy Foley, Oliver Luck they probably would have been able to use their contacts and gravitas to overcome those doubts and concerns and land someone high on the wish list (except Saban, Bama will never let him go.)

Instead, this guy was hired:

The clothes make the man, as they say.

Hey I liked that guy.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Hey I liked that guy.
LOL. You would. Patterson was a disaster for you guys.
Junction1956
Steve,

What is that, losing? Because that is all he has done since he arrived at Texas.

I notice you like to denigrate other programs, yet when confronted with peccadilloes within your own program,
you evade and obfuscate. Grow a set and man up to the fact that EVERY program has outside legal problems.
Saban tends to let the legal system handle the cases before them.

Now, are you going to answer the previous inquiries put before you or are you going to Nancy out and spout the
"Core Values" mantra that your coach can't even follow.

Roll Tide
aggiehawg
AG
Wonder how much Strong paid this Bleacher Report guy?

quote:
Assuming Texas doesn't unnecessarily run Charlie Strong out of Austin, the Longhorns are trending up.
The upcoming campaign will basically be the final season that Mack Brown's recruits hold significant roles. Strong pieced together the No. 16 class after arriving in 2014, then signed the ninth- and 11th-best classes in 2015 and 2016, respectively.

Strong will continue stockpiling, developing and quickly using young talent. Texas should begin rising the Big 12 standings next season and stick at the top for a while.

LINK

LOL. Still blaming Mack Brown.
petey88
quote:

quote:
Assuming Texas doesn't unnecessarily run Charlie Strong out of Austin, the Longhorns are trending up.
The upcoming campaign will basically be the final season that Mack Brown's recruits hold significant roles. Strong pieced together the No. 16 class after arriving in 2014, then signed the ninth- and 11th-best classes in 2015 and 2016, respectively.

Strong will continue stockpiling, developing and quickly using young talent. Texas should begin rising the Big 12 standings next season and stick at the top for a while.

LINK

kudos young lady

Bravo to stevo, hairy, and the gang,

Can't get anywhere but better for the sips

ClassOf17
quote:
quote:
Missy is out of "posting privileges suspended" jail again. Those gift baskets the OR forum sent to the mods succeeded!

Was on vacation with time to strategize on what will I do and my approach going forward, I have a decent sized list of things that you will see unfold over time. Took me most of my vacation and many hours to come up with all the changes.

So you fired your last coach for winning 8 games but now pray your new coach does?

Sip logic
aggiehawg
AG
I was impressed that every single one of the buzz words were utilized in two short paragraphs.

"Mack Brown recruits," "trending up," "developing and quickly using young talent," "rising the Big 12 (sic) standings."

How hard will that really be now that Baylor has been blown to smithereens?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

quote:

LINK

Yeah I love how they disparage Macks recruiting classes while trumpeting Charlie's.

I don't understand.

Mack's last three classes were ranked 2, 4, 17
And Charlie's are 16, 11, 9

So on average Mack recruited about 8th while Charlie averages 12th. So

A. How are they expecting to do better with worse recruits?
B. If you say it is COACHING them up...then why could Charlie not coach up Macks better recruits?

And I'd love Steve-O to answer this question - other than pure blind faith - on what basis do you expect improvement?

O-Line will be worse, D-line will be worse. RB arguably will be worse, or no better. No significant difference in secondary, LB, WR. Is it 100% pure QB that has you excited? So a true freshman is going to fix all other deficiencies? He can step in day one and play at a level to raise everyone else's game? Exactly how often has that happened....ever....anywhere? Don't mention Colt cuz Colt stepped into a system that had depth everywhere to rely on. Or is it 100% new O system - cuz yeah that always works seamlessly in year one.

So I'm gonna assume no answer..and it;s just pure blind faith because "we can't be worse". OK I get it, we've been there with Fran and Sherman too at times. good luck with that.

aggiehawg
AG
quote:
So a true freshman is going to fix all other deficiencies? He can step in day one and play at a level to raise everyone else's game? Exactly how often has that happened....ever....anywhere? Don't mention Colt cuz Colt stepped into a system that had depth everywhere to rely on. Or is it 100% new O system - cuz yeah that always works seamlessly in year one.
Malzahn was able to do it in 2010 because he had an experienced Cam Newton. Sumlin and Kilffy could do it because they had Johnny and Evans.

Sterlin Gilbert might be that kind of a surprise, if he had experience with talent in a league where defense is largely optional. Lots of "ifs" there.
petey88

due to next to nothing, any time I see comments about sips, I go to last page of this forum,

Big Ed Simmons as arrested for running around naked in a used car lot, or someone's back yard, I don't care to look back.

Busted for being loaded on weed,

Anyone remember Jeff "Beer Bottle" Leiding ?, he passed, people make chocies

got his noggin cracked by a beer bottle in Dallas the night before the Cotton Bowl, or was it the days before during practice

So sips, go back and research, google Russell Exrxleben,... I knew one of his family member's, even they had no comment.

another fine example of sip heroisms,...

Vince, Rickey, Dodd's, Case, Jordan, and they filmed it,.... the guy who wrecked his car into an apartment building, Applewhite screwing a student, Bev case, LHN and EsipN losing their asses

Edit ~ had to stop at that out of non respect for sips

Contributions ?
Junction1956
Texas better trend up in a conference much akin to the old SWC. Two dominant state schools and a supporting cast they can control.

Aggies, please answer a question for this ole Bama fart.

How on God's green acre did you tolerate such bovine excrement for so long?

Roll Tide
petey88

we laughed

a lot
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
How on God's green acre did you tolerate such bovine excrement for so long?
We were the much smaller school with many fewer pols in the state legislature. Meaning our share of the Permanent University Fund was threatened by lawmakers in Austin any time we tried to chart our own course.

But by 2010-2011, those particular deficiencies had been reversed. (And Dodds made monumental screw ups that handed us the perfect cover.) And it helps that our state legislature is not in session every year.
petey88

Yes, when it was announced we may be going,...Texas law makers meet every two years in Austin, by state law.

Right then, I knew we were leaving to go to the SEC

The Austin gathering couldn't stop us,

Thank you President Loftin for what you did for our university,... a 100 year decision

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
So a true freshman is going to fix all other deficiencies? He can step in day one and play at a level to raise everyone else's game? Exactly how often has that happened....ever....anywhere? Don't mention Colt cuz Colt stepped into a system that had depth everywhere to rely on. Or is it 100% new O system - cuz yeah that always works seamlessly in year one.
Malzahn was able to do it in 2010 because he had an experienced Cam Newton. Sumlin and Kilffy could do it because they had Johnny and Evans.

Sterlin Gilbert might be that kind of a surprise, if he had experience with talent in a league where defense is largely optional. Lots of "ifs" there.

So new QB and new system.

But for Malzahn - Cam was no freshman and very experienced. And they had an OL.
Ditto for Sumlin - Johnny was a redshirt FR at least and again that OL was awesome.

You are putting in a new system, with a brand new true freshman QB that has never seen college level D, and that OL is mediocre at best - decent on right side, young and new at C and the left side.

Good luck.
Fightin Ag491
quote:
quote:
quote:
Missy is out of "posting privileges suspended" jail again. Those gift baskets the OR forum sent to the mods succeeded!

Was on vacation with time to strategize on what will I do and my approach going forward, I have a decent sized list of things that you will see unfold over time. Took me most of my vacation and many hours to come up with all the changes.

So you fired your last coach for winning 8 games but now pray your new coach does?

Sip logic
Not my logic... Like I said, it has yet to be seen if Charlie can actually see success at this job, and so far I don't think he can. I definitely want him to work out, but wants and expectations are very different.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Not my logic... Like I said, it has yet to be seen if Charlie can actually see success at this job, and so far I don't think he can. I definitely want him to work out, but wants and expectations are very different.
Question for you harry, do you think Strong really got a raw deal when he first signed on? Did Patterson really mess with him to that degree? Or was Strong in over his head?
Fightin Ag491
quote:
quote:
Question for you harry, do you think Strong really got a raw deal when he first signed on? Did Patterson really mess with him to that degree? Or was Strong in over his head?
Mess with him how so? I'm confused on that part of the question, but as far as the latter half: going 11-14 in his first 25 games for a school that just fired a coaching hall of famer --> yes, he seems over his head so far except for recruiting
Garrelli 5000
AG
Everyone agrees that Mack's classes were over ranked by fat *******, and it was an entitled country club mentality, but.... He still had very good players that chollie couldn't coach.

It only takes 1 off season to whip the entitlement out. That's not an excuse.

Sips need to learn - the man isn't cut from the right cloth to lead a good team.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Mess with him how so? I'm confused on that part of the question, but as far as the latter half: going 11-14 in his first 25 games for a school that just fired a coaching hall of famer --> yes, he seems over his head so far except for recruiting
There were stories about Patterson cutting down on meals for coaches, cutting the salaries and staff for the grad assistant underlings that did the grunt work, things like that.

Honestly, I think the worst thing Patterson did was abandon Strong to his own devices when hiring his initial staff. Dodds was much more hands-on with his coaches, and Jurich practically led Strong around by the nose for his first HC job at Louisville.

The Wickline/Watson fiasco happened because Patterson let it happen. No one on the 40 acres wanted Watson, except Strong. His hire as OC was nixed the moment Strong was hired, but hiring Wickline and then Watson, paying him more than Wickline was dumb. An experienced AD would have been on top of that situation in a heart beat.

(Hyman made the same mistake with failing to press Sumlin about demoting Spav, I might add, but that was a different type of situation.)
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
when did the narrative about Chuck doing well in recruiting begin? I really don't see it. The last class has a lot of star power but does it really address need? Only 4 offensive linemen. No QB. Strong is recruiting to his strength, defense, in an offensive league.
Stevetex.
quote:
Steve,

What is that, losing? Because that is all he has done since he arrived at Texas.

I notice you like to denigrate other programs, yet when confronted with peccadilloes within your own program,
you evade and obfuscate. Grow a set and man up to the fact that EVERY program has outside legal problems.
Saban tends to let the legal system handle the cases before them.

Now, are you going to answer the previous inquiries put before you or are you going to Nancy out and spout the
"Core Values" mantra that your coach can't even follow.

Roll Tide

Getting back to you.

Jordon Hicks and Case McCoy were sent home. If you want to play by Nick Saban rules they would of played the bowl game and then let this wash away because no charges were filed. That's your point right.?

Caleb Jones was dismissed from the team after the altercation but if we played by Saban rules he would of completed the season.

We all know Cam and Hootie won't miss any playing time and of course not be selected for a drug test this fall. Somehow a bag of pot in your car is not enough evidence. Now to suggest Texas paid off people I would ask how much did Alabama pay off the DA of Louisiana to ignore narcotics.

Edwin Simmons? How old are you? Or am I missing something?

What you ment to say is Saben uses the legal system to allow his players on the field until things can be settled in the off season. We all know what kind of coach Nick Saban is and if he made it to Texas he would still be made accountable for his players.

Junction just stick to brown nosing in here.

Fightin Ag491
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
when did the narrative about Chuck doing well in recruiting begin? I really don't see it. The last class has a lot of star power but does it really address need? Only 4 offensive linemen. No QB. Strong is recruiting to his strength, defense, in an offensive league.
Haha, Charlie got one of the top QBs in the country, and that kid might start in game 1. Now, I'm not saying that the kid is going to light up the Austin skies, but if he's better than the others to start day 1, I'd say that's recruiting a needed position. Also, I'm not sure recruiting 4 OL is just unjustifiably terrible, especially when two of the returning starters were freshman last year, but I digress.

The recruiting narrative is that Charlie has had two top 10 classes in a row after losing seasons. That's pretty impressive no matter what team you root for.

Y'all think we're going to be terrible, per usual, I think Texas has at least potential to be pretty good. Let's just leave it at that.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
"Star power" is like, you know, "fluid," man.

Mack lands "stars"=bad. "Entitled bunch of p******."

Strong lands "stars" yet can't develop them=good. "Core Values."
Junction1956
Steve,

Again, you evade.

How much did Texas pay the girl in the McCoy/Hicks sexual assault case that they videotaped? It is a simple question.

This is not about Alabama. It is about the rule of law. You say that Saban condones unlawful behavior. Saban has dismissed players that have gotten cross with the law and let the judicial system adjudicate the transgression.

You still haven't explained Edwin Simmons, hence your continued evasion.

Point is, every program has hoodleheads. Saban tends to let the legal system take its course. Texas depends on "Core Values".

Oh, care to explain why Charlie even had to implement the "Core Values" that he himself can't adhere to?

Perhaps Charlie just happened to be such a good friend to Ms Blue that she gives him an expensive watch out of gratitude?

Roll Tide
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Haha, Charlie got one of the top QBs in the country, and that kid might start in game 1. Now, I'm not saying that the kid is going to light up the Austin skies, but if he's better than the others to start day 1, I'd say that's recruiting a needed position.
That's rich, being posted on a TexAgs message board. Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray say, "Hello."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.