Red River shootout aka the "biggest, baddest, cfb rivalry"

27,939 Views | 204 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SidetrackAg
RVHorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
From Kirk Bohls twitter. Even if it's already been posted, it needs posting again.

quote:
Apparently ABC/ESPN had first pick of ND-Texas game. Fox had next two selections, chose Ohio State-OU 9/17 and Texas-OU 10/8.
It's a shame this is the actual story. Y'all narrowly missed another great victory for Texas A&M University.

At least recruiting is going great for you.
And they put it on FS1. Good god you're ****ing stupid.
Fox sees it as a marquee game. Did you see the other two it was lumped with? We'll see how it plays out.

Texas will just have to muddle through being the top choice of the networks for the lone Sunday night spot against ND. I'm shocked that they didn't bump it for your match up against UCLA.
I have no idea wtf you are trying to say
I bet you say that a lot.
Potcake
AG
quote:
You were right, my bad.

This applies to the majority of your posts. Just make it your sig.
GAC06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
From Kirk Bohls twitter. Even if it's already been posted, it needs posting again.

quote:
Apparently ABC/ESPN had first pick of ND-Texas game. Fox had next two selections, chose Ohio State-OU 9/17 and Texas-OU 10/8.
It's a shame this is the actual story. Y'all narrowly missed another great victory for Texas A&M University.

At least recruiting is going great for you.
And they put it on FS1. Good god you're ****ing stupid.
Fox sees it as a marquee game. Did you see the other two it was lumped with? We'll see how it plays out.

Texas will just have to muddle through being the top choice of the networks for the lone Sunday night spot against ND. I'm shocked that they didn't bump it for your match up against UCLA.
I have no idea wtf you are trying to say
I bet you say that a lot.
You said your game is on a Sunday. Ours is on Saturday. You were talking about ours getting "bumped". I guess I am giving you too much credit. You're a ****ing dunce.
GAC06
AG
quote:
quote:
Only a sip would be dumb enough to try and spin the relegation from ABC to fs1 as anything other than a disaster.
I know being obtuse is your best chance of holding onto your delusion, but let's try this again.

ABC could only choose one of TX/ND, TX/OU and OU/Ohio State. They chose TX/ND.

FOX chose TX/OU. This is not a relegation. FOX likely has big plans for promoting the game or could move it to FOX proper.

ABC/ESPN considers those to be marquee games and chose Texas/ND above all to show nationally in prime time. That's what being a brand does for you. Replace any team in the above three games with A&M and you immediately have an easy choice for least desirable game.

You may not return to your regularly scheduled hysteria and spinning.
A&M has crushed your tshirt team in tv viewers for several years. Just because you want something to be true doesn't make it so.

Btw, ABC chose wisely. After ND blows Charlie out again, slackjawed ttshirt fans everywhere will stop watching. Again. Here comes a third losing season in a row.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:

FOX chose TX/OU. This is not a relegation. FOX likely has big plans for promoting the game or could move it to FOX proper.

They chose it. Then they relegated it to FS1. The channel of NASCAR, UFC and the Bundesliga.

And do you know what clever idea this avant guard nascent channel of college football debuted last year? They kept the announcers in the studio and had them call the game off of a monitor. An idea everyone told them was bad and they were too stupid not to listen. They were literally too cheap to send them to the game to call it in person. Have fun listening to Joel Klatt.
StephenvilleAg77
Right on cue. Keep telling everyone it's a good thing the people who run your conference were dumb enough to sign a tv contract that allowed the sip-sooner game to be demoted from ABC to little-watched fs1.
Stevetex.
quote:
That's why you are on another fansite defending it? To show how much you don't care?

just trying to give a more realistic perspective for the ill informed.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
That's why you are on another fansite defending it? To show how much you don't care?

Because you don't care. It's alright to admit that this is ****ty, no one is going to think less of you for it.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
TV station smack...

Some serious sick burns on this page
That is what is so unbelievably funny....The nut shots just keep coming.....

• Horn carries skrong off after beating North Texas
  • Horn football gets shut out by Iowa State
  • Horn misses bowl game....AGAIN
  • Iowa State fires head coach
  • Horn has to watch A&M win SEC regular season in basketball
  • Horn has to watch A&M in the SEC Tourney championship playing Kentucky
  • Horn basketball with Prince Ibeh and new coach Shaka Smart....one and done to UNI
  • Horn has to watch A&M in biggest comeback in history against same team
  • Horn has to watch A&M and their REAL rival OU in the sweet 16
  • Horn has to watch REAL rival make it to final four
  • Horn baseball sucks wind and misses post season
  • Horn has to watch A&M reach #1 in all major baseball polls
  • Horn gets a little break seeing A&M miss regular season by 1 game only to have A&M win SEC tourny and lock up a National Seed
  • Horn, with zero going on selection Monday has to try to be relevant to the news cycle by announcing their longtime coach is stepping down.....and gets blasted by the media
  • Horn struggles to see how many freshman football signing class actually make it into school

...and now, horn finds out they will be playing their premier game against their REAL rival on FS1 and the rematch against Iowa State will be seen by no-one but Horn on LHN.....

SOOOOOO FUNNY
You're right, I just cry myself to sleep at night knowing A&M is playing sports at a high level.

Also, don't remember Texas carrying Strong off the field against North Texas. In fact, I don't even remember Texas playing North Texas last season. Also, no clue at all what Iowa State firing their coach has anything to do with Texas football. Like at all.

Whatever, though. Hope typing all that made you feel better

Let me help you.....it is relevant to horn because Iowa State shut out the Jones' with a coach that was performing so under par for IOWA STATE, that they fired him....and yes, still laughing.
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Because you don't care. It's alright to admit that this is ****ty, no one is going to think less of you for it.

Chimp...err I mean Champ, don't flatter yourself.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Chimp...err I mean Champ, don't flatter yourself.

Nice, when you can't defend your position, change the subject! Ad Hominems are great.
StephenvilleAg77
Little brother sip spends hours each day perusing Daddy A&M's fan sites to prove how much he doesn't care.
Stevetex.
quote:
Little brother sip spends hours each day perusing Daddy A&M's fan sites to prove how much he doesn't care.

How Ironic? The biggest lie out there is Aggies pretending they've moved on past Texas.

But I will admit that you guys sure are on top of Texas athletic news.
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:

You may not return to your regularly scheduled hysteria and spinning.

Spin the fact that FS1 and not Fox picked up the game and accuse others of "spinning". What a ****ing water head.
Redstone
AG
Hello Steve
This is the rivals forum, past and present....only Aggies like their (gettin' paid!) SEC partners. So yeah, we follow ut and baylol LOmfnL
MelvinUdall
77 years
AgOutsideAustin
AG
RV climbs out from his hole to deliver TV channel truth. From Bohls no less, too funny.
goodAg80
AG
So cute that all the Zika babies are posting about how great FS1 is.

Hi missy.
AGC
AG
quote:

You mean you're a pawn in their game? How the mighty have fallen!!!
mulch
AG
Steve - you do realize Fox could have put that game on the main Fox broadcast network but declined right? Spin it like a top but even Fox doesn't care enough about your shheety program to put your marquee game in their marquee network. NASCAR is apparently more important to them
MelvinUdall
quote:

Hi missy.

I see you goodAg, for your effort...

goodAg80
AG
Thanks.

StephenvilleAg77
quote:

Hi missy.
It's not a demotion! -- /missy
MelvinUdall
Women's basketball is a major sport. /Stephenville77
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
quote:

How Ironic? The biggest lie out there is Aggies pretending they've moved on past Texas.

But I will admit that you guys sure are on top of Texas athletic news.

Haven't moved past in revenue

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Haven't moved past in sponsored sports

Haven't moved past in facilities

Attendance?

Liars, all liars.
Stevetex.
quote:
Steve - you do realize Fox could have put that game on the main Fox broadcast network but declined right? Spin it like a top but even Fox doesn't care enough about your shheety program to put your marquee game in their marquee network. NASCAR is apparently more important to them

It's more likely since that game can't be a night game FS1 was the appropriate choice. Ever thought about that?

I'm a huge nascar fan. How bout watching my horns on FS1 and then watching nascar on fox.

Mathguy64
AG
Your are such a big NASCAR fan you didn't know that by that point in the season it won't be on FOX
Stevetex.
quote:
Your are such a big NASCAR fan you didn't know that by that point in the season it won't be on FOX

Play along
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
quote:

It's more likely since that game can't be a night game FS1 was the appropriate choice. Ever thought about that?

I'm a huge nascar fan. How bout watching my horns on FS1 and then watching nascar on fox.

Such a huge fan you didn't know that Sprint Cup moves to NBC starting in July?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/schedule.html

What else ya got?

We fixed the keg
AG
Is now the point where you just reply, "Your mama!"?
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Such a huge fan you didn't know that Sprint Cup moves to NBC starting in July?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/schedule.html

What else ya got?

Other than FS1 is more appropriate since it's not a night game?
Flexbone
quote:
quote:

is anything ever bad for Texas, Steve? Their teams are pretty ****ty, so I'm just curious.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
No argument from me here. FS1, LHN, pay-per-view.....very appropriate for the dumpster fire conference "premier" match-up. It will leave the major networks available for the real UT vs A&M October 8th. Thank you for helping make that possible.
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
No argument from me here. FS1, LHN, pay-per-view.....very appropriate for the dumpster fire conference "premier" match-up. It will leave the major networks available for the real UT vs A&M October 8th. Thank you for helping make that possible.

Well you just stated something wrong.

I can't remember the last time Texas ever had a PPV football game. I will go on the record and say it will never happen in the future.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
Well you just stated something wrong.

I can't remember the last time Texas ever had a PPV football game. I will go on the record and say it will never happen in the future.
Not wrong, just an appropriate fit for the conference and horn.....but the LHN is an acceptable dumping ground assuming it doesn't interfere with re-runs of the 2006 Rose Bowl.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.