Red River shootout aka the "biggest, baddest, cfb rivalry"

27,864 Views | 204 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SidetrackAg
Flexbone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
Other than FS1 is more appropriate since it's not a night game?
No argument from me here. FS1, LHN, pay-per-view.....very appropriate for the dumpster fire conference "premier" match-up. It will leave the major networks available for the real UT vs A&M October 8th. Thank you for helping make that possible.

Well you just stated something wrong.

I can't remember the last time Texas ever had a PPV football game. I will go on the record and say it will never happen in the future.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/103002aaa.html
stexagg
quote:
Women's basketball is a major sport. /Stephenville77
UConn and Tennessee concur.
LatinAggie1997
AG
The horns that come on here to argue, defend, and spin topics just don't realize how they appear...

RGLAG85
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Steve - you do realize Fox could have put that game on the main Fox broadcast network but declined right? Spin it like a top but even Fox doesn't care enough about your shheety program to put your marquee game in their marquee network. NASCAR is apparently more important to them

It's more likely since that game can't be a night game FS1 was the appropriate choice. Ever thought about that?

I'm a huge nascar fan. How bout watching my horns on FS1 and then watching nascar on fox.

Such a huge fan you didn't know that Sprint Cup moves to NBC starting in July?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/schedule.html

What else ya got?

Other than FS1 is more appropriate since it's not a night game?

Good too know fox main never shows college football during the day. Thanks, your intelligence is truly inspiring! You mind if I throw in some wash?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
OK, I'm pissed about OU/sips on FS1....

On Saturday mornings FS1 usually shows a good Bundesliga match. An 11:00 kick time for the Red River Who Cares Bowl will directly conflict with a 6pm Deutsche local time kick for a Bundesliga matchp.

The sips and thieves better hope that FS1 doesn't compare the ratings of the Who Cares Bowl against what Bundesliga draws.... Red River might find itself bumped to the Root Network. They probably couldn't compete against a top-drawer matchup such as Bayern Munich v. Borussia Dortmund.
what really ticks me off about this is that we might miss an important Bundesliga match for an unimportant BDF pillow fight. Probably won't be Bayern v. Dortmund but will likely be something solid - perhaps Monchengladbach v. Leverkusen.
Here4Beer
AG
Guys be nice, this sip peasantry makes for good Old Rivalries material.
BohunkAg
AG
As much as the sips would have you believe that the game in the Cotton bowl was always the biggest game in the country on National TV let us hearken back to a time where the game was shown on the Big 12's syndicated TV package with the great Dave Lapham on the call

zoneag
Surely the OU-Ohio State game will be relegated to FS1 as well then, sips?
DayAg!
S
There are three things that are constant in our universe. The sun coming up, gravity, and Rv continuing to be the stupidest poster to ever invade these forums. Dont worry guys the non rivals with be gone soon as play resumes this fall. The Chobbits last year(this year) will probably be his worst. New coach will be hired, so they got that going for em.
Bonfire1996
AG
quote:
Surely the OU-Ohio State game will be relegated to FS1 as well then, sips?
You don't understand. Fox chose it. Doesn't matter what they do with it, they chose it.
sows
I'm glad OU/TX will be on Fox. I'm kinda tired of ESPN.

Why can't you guys just thank OU that A&M is even on tv at all? When the NCAA controlled tv rights, you weren't even on but 1 game a year. Be thankful.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I'm glad OU/TX will be on Fox. I'm kinda tired of ESPN.

Why can't you guys just thank OU that A&M is even on tv at all? When the NCAA controlled tv rights, you weren't even on but 1 game a year. Be thankful.
Thanks. Happy now?
zoneag
It's not on Fox, it's on FS1, which your trailerpark doesn't carry.
Tom Doniphon
quote:
Why can't you guys just thank OU that A&M is even on tv at all?

This is why we don't smoke meth, gentlemen.
sows
Yes thank you hawg.

I guess your not much of a college football historian huh Tom?

aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Yes thank you hawg.

I guess your not much of a college football historian huh Tom?

You're welcome. That system was seriously screwed up to begin with. And it just kept feeding the select programs more TV money than everybody else. It needed to be changed where the schools could have some control over their own games being available to broadcast.

Too bad things have evolved where it bit the Sooners in the butt being stuck in the Big XII.
JBAggie00
quote:
Hi guys!

In space!!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

so let's see. tu has 5 games this year so far that are on some different channel/time.

ND - sunday night
UTEP - LHN
Cal - late night west coast game
OU - FS1
ISU - LHN

So basically none of those will get much ESPN/Gameday promo. They aren't gonna promo the Sunday game much on Saturday because they are doing leadins to their games. They aren't promoing a game on any Fox network. The LHN games may be ESPN properties but they know nobody watches that and they are not marquee games anyway. And the lat night west coast game well they may promo it but those games are ratings crap.

Thats 5 of their first 6 games. They are making themselves invisible. And by the time they start showing up on regular channels and times they will have a losing record.

Great plan.

Meanwhile in our first 6 games we will have at least 4 prime slotted games I bet - UCLA already is and Auburn Arky and Tenn will all be prime afternoon or primetime spots. If we have any 11am games it will be PV or SC but stlil on SECN or ESPN channels.

BESCo91
AG
quote:
so let's see. tu has 5 games this year so far that are on some different channel/time.

ND - sunday night
UTEP - LHN
Cal - late night west coast game
OU - FS1
ISU - LHN

Thats 5 of their first 6 games. They are making themselves invisible. And by the time they start showing up on regular channels and times they will have a losing record.

Great plan.

Meanwhile in our first 6 games we will have at least 4 prime slotted games I bet - UCLA already is and Auburn Arky and Tenn will all be prime afternoon or primetime spots. If we have any 11am games it will be PV or SC but stlil on SECN or ESPN channels.
Something like this ..... (my best guess):

Sip First Half of Season:
- Notre Dame - Sunday
- UTEP - LHN
- @ Cal - Late west coast start
- @ OkSt - Likely ESPN
- vs OU - FS1
- ISU - LHN

A&M First Half of Season:
- UCLA - CBS
- PV A&M - SECN
- @ Auburn - ESPN
- vs Arkansas - ESPN
- @ South Carolina - SECN
- Tennessee - could be CBS, if not ESPN
aggiehawg
AG
quote:

Great plan.
It's almost like Dodds is still running things, isn't it?
Cannonball Craig III
AG
There seems to be some confusion here. Truth be known, Belmont has requested FS1 for the game so as to effectively minimize viewers. They are contemplating Stoops going in dry after his colossal coaching failure last year. This is pretty much standard sip MO.
stexagg
quote:
quote:

Great plan.
It's almost like Dodds is still running things, isn't it?
He probably thinks he is.
SourGrapes
I started another thread so you could celebrate. Looks like a rating bonanza!

quote:
Shea Dixon
@Sheadixon

#LSU takes on #TAMU in College Station on Thanksgiving night. Kick set for 6:30 on ESPNU.
LSB_2002
AG
quote:
quote:
So Fox gets the OU-tu game and puts it on FS1 instead of the main Fox channel? Please be a sign to all with decision-making powers that we have to get out of this conference
Here is the Sooner fans reaction when they discover that one of the main reasons it got moved to FS1 is because no one outside of the farmlands cares about OU.....

Absolute truth!
StephenvilleAg77
From our lil brother's shaggedbevo site:

- the thread on their arch-rival OU has reached 41 pages

- the thread on Daddy A&M has reached 841 pages
West Point Aggie
AG
quote:
I started another thread so you could celebrate. Looks like a rating bonanza!

quote:
Shea Dixon
@Sheadixon

#LSU takes on #TAMU in College Station on Thanksgiving night. Kick set for 6:30 on ESPNU.

Poor loser...wrong, about the same thing...in two separate threads!! Haha!!
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:
quote:
Only a sip would be dumb enough to try and spin the relegation from ABC to fs1 as anything other than a disaster.
I know being obtuse is your best chance of holding onto your delusion, but let's try this again.

ABC could only choose one of TX/ND, TX/OU and OU/Ohio State. They chose TX/ND.

FOX chose TX/OU. This is not a relegation. FOX likely has big plans for promoting the game or could move it to FOX proper.

ABC/ESPN considers those to be marquee games and chose Texas/ND above all to show nationally in prime time. That's what being a brand does for you. Replace any team in the above three games with A&M and you immediately have an easy choice for least desirable game.

You may not return to your regularly scheduled hysteria and spinning.

Or not you window licking dip****
Humorous Username
AG
BTA HATES RV Horn.
Joe Exotic
AG
Absolutely. Guy is the epitome of the dip**** arrogant tshirt horn loser that disappears every fall.
West Point Aggie
AG
quote:
Absolutely. Guy is the epitome of the dip**** arrogant tshirt horn loser that disappears every fall.

SidetrackAg
AG
BTA. Kickin ass and taking names

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.