Red River shootout aka the "biggest, baddest, cfb rivalry"

27,940 Views | 204 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SidetrackAg
Ed Harley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
If FS1 shows the OU game at any time other than 11am, you won't see any Longhorns complaining. It was only 11:00 for ABC.

It can't be a night game given the location.

No, that and no lights.

You seem really smart. Remind me what year you graduated.
Stevetex.
quote:
Like the LHN? Nothing builds your brand like nobody watching

Texas doesn't have to build the brand. It is already there.
Fightin Ag491
quote:
quote:
TV station smack...

Some serious sick burns on this page
That is what is so unbelievably funny....The nut shots just keep coming.....

• Horn carries skrong off after beating North Texas
  • Horn football gets shut out by Iowa State
  • Horn misses bowl game....AGAIN
  • Iowa State fires head coach
  • Horn has to watch A&M win SEC regular season in basketball
  • Horn has to watch A&M in the SEC Tourney championship playing Kentucky
  • Horn basketball with Prince Ibeh and new coach Shaka Smart....one and done to UNI
  • Horn has to watch A&M in biggest comeback in history against same team
  • Horn has to watch A&M and their REAL rival OU in the sweet 16
  • Horn has to watch REAL rival make it to final four
  • Horn baseball sucks wind and misses post season
  • Horn has to watch A&M reach #1 in all major baseball polls
  • Horn gets a little break seeing A&M miss regular season by 1 game only to have A&M win SEC tourny and lock up a National Seed
  • Horn, with zero going on selection Monday has to try to be relevant to the news cycle by announcing their longtime coach is stepping down.....and gets blasted by the media
  • Horn struggles to see how many freshman football signing class actually make it into school

...and now, horn finds out they will be playing their premier game against their REAL rival on FS1 and the rematch against Iowa State will be seen by no-one but Horn on LHN.....

SOOOOOO FUNNY
You're right, I just cry myself to sleep at night knowing A&M is playing sports at a high level.

Also, don't remember Texas carrying Strong off the field against North Texas. In fact, I don't even remember Texas playing North Texas last season. Also, no clue at all what Iowa State firing their coach has anything to do with Texas football. Like at all.

Whatever, though. Hope typing all that made you feel better
GAC06
AG
quote:
quote:

You're probably right. It's better to have your games televised on networks no one can watch, on ****ty channels like FS1 or at 11am or 930pm. You sound like you have this figured out. Have you sent your resume to Belmont?

Your brand is what it is because Mack Brown strung together a bunch of ten win seasons. You're about to have a threepeat of losing seasons with nobody watching or caring. Empty seats and nobody watching on TV doesn't make the brand look that strong.
Bonfire1996
AG
quote:
quote:

There's the hubris we know and love. Truthfully, if you aren't building your brand, your losing it.

See Under Armor, Nike: Tom Brady, Steph Curry, Cam Newton, etc.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

And just like JNCO, nobody has thought it was cool since the 2000's.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
quote:
TV station smack...

Some serious sick burns on this page
That is what is so unbelievably funny....The nut shots just keep coming.....

• Horn carries skrong off after beating North Texas
  • Horn football gets shut out by Iowa State
  • Horn misses bowl game....AGAIN
  • Iowa State fires head coach
  • Horn has to watch A&M win SEC regular season in basketball
  • Horn has to watch A&M in the SEC Tourney championship playing Kentucky
  • Horn basketball with Prince Ibeh and new coach Shaka Smart....one and done to UNI
  • Horn has to watch A&M in biggest comeback in NCAA history against same team
  • Horn has to watch A&M and their REAL rival OU in the sweet 16
  • Horn has to watch REAL rival make it to final four
  • Horn baseball sucks wind and misses post season
  • Horn suffers a walk off HR to their hated non-rival Aggies.
  • Horn has to watch A&M reach #1 in all major baseball polls
  • Horn gets a little break seeing A&M miss regular season by 1 game only to have A&M win SEC tourny and lock up a National Seed
  • Horn, with zero going on selection Monday has to try to be relevant to the news cycle by announcing their longtime coach is stepping down.....and gets blasted by the media
  • Horn struggles to see how many freshman football signing class actually make it into school

...and now, horn finds out they will be playing their premier game against their REAL rival on FS1 and the rematch against Iowa State will be seen by no-one but Horn on LHN.....

SOOOOOO FUNNY
Added a little something.
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're probably right. It's better to have your games televised on networks no one can watch, on ****ty channels like FS1 or at 11am or 930pm. You sound like you have this figured out. Have you sent your resume to Belmont?

Your brand is what it is because Mack Brown strung together a bunch of ten win seasons. You're about to have a threepeat of losing seasons with nobody watching or caring. Empty seats and nobody watching on TV doesn't make the brand look that strong.

Well how do you feel about the SEC being dropped to a 2:30 time slot on CBS? Not very attractive. But hey at least you guys get to headline it. I wouldn't look for any ratings wars at that time.
turboboost
AG
I say EFF them (both Blow U and tu) and all the stoopid recruits that can't even see the slow death coming to that conference! They'll get it soon after it's too late.

Big East anybody?
Stevetex.
quote:
I say EFF them (both Blow U and tu) and all the stoopid recruits that can't even see the slow death coming to that conference! They'll get it soon after it's too late.

Big East anybody?

Ahhh, thank your coaching staff for that.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well how do you feel about the SEC being dropped to a 2:30 time slot on CBS? Not very attractive. But hey at least you guys get to headline it. I wouldn't look for any ratings wars at that time.
Yeah. Because the opening game of the season for CBS, in their one and only slot of the day for CFB, with Uncle Verne kicking off his last year of calling play by play is bad thing.
RVHorn
From Kirk Bohls twitter. Even if it's already been posted, it needs posting again.

quote:
Apparently ABC/ESPN had first pick of ND-Texas game. Fox had next two selections, chose Ohio State-OU 9/17 and Texas-OU 10/8.
It's a shame this is the actual story. Y'all narrowly missed another great victory for Texas A&M University.

At least recruiting is going great for you.
turboboost
AG
quote:
quote:

Big East anybody?

Ahhh, thank your coaching staff for that.
It's only a matter of time my good ol' buddy steve! Slow steady progressive success is what's going on over here! Did I mention SEC? What kinda plans you looking at for the future? Too funny!
GAC06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Five of the top ten most watched games last year were 3:30EST kick offs. The other five were 8pm kicks. I think we'll be fine, as usual.
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hush, don't you tell that to NIKE.

Oh my bad, the ink has already dried on the apparel contract. Too bad they didn't consult you.
GAC06
AG
quote:
From Kirk Bohls twitter. Even if it's already been posted, it needs posting again.

quote:
Apparently ABC/ESPN had first pick of ND-Texas game. Fox had next two selections, chose Ohio State-OU 9/17 and Texas-OU 10/8.
It's a shame this is the actual story. Y'all narrowly missed another great victory for Texas A&M University.

And they put it on FS1. Good god you're ****ing stupid.
turboboost
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hush, don't you tell that to NIKE.

Oh my bad, the ink has already dried on the apparel contract. Too bad they didn't consult you.
Oooohhhhhh Apparel smack? Reachin' much?
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:

quote:

Steve had to log on to his other account for defense.
Fightin Ag491
quote:
As if TV network scheduling isn't haha
RVHorn
quote:
quote:

quote:

Fox sees it as a marquee game. Did you see the other two it was lumped with? We'll see how it plays out.

Texas will just have to muddle through being the top choice of the networks for the lone Sunday night spot against ND. I'm shocked that they didn't bump it for your match up against UCLA.
turboboost
AG
quote:
quote:
Wait wait wait wait...you want to weigh TV network scheduling between FS1 and SEC Network?
Fightin Ag491
quote:
quote:
quote:
Wait wait wait wait...you want to weigh TV network scheduling between FS1 and SEC Network?
No, but that's exactly my point. The point is: this forum is talking trash about where Texas's game is going to be watchable on the tv guide is about as much smack value as what the players are wearing when the play
turboboost
AG
quote:
quote:
How far will that apparel deal get you when Rayplor gets that pee pee slapped and your conference is reaching out to...hmmmm, Colorado State or North Dakota State to join? We'll be swimming in the deep end of the money pool for years with equal mates while you guys are arranging chairs on the titanic! Hope that violin stays dry!
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
quote:
How far will that apparel deal get you when Rayplor gets that pee pee slapped and your conference is reaching out to...hmmmm, Colorado State or North Dakota State to join? We'll be swimming in the deep end of the money pool for years with equal mates while you guys are arranging chairs on the titanic! Hope that violin stays dry!

You guys have a very vivid imagination.

Maybe Baylor will just open the door for the NCAA to come in and investigate Tennessee?

StephenvilleAg77
Only a sip would be dumb enough to try and spin the relegation from ABC to fs1 as anything other than a disaster.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
No, but that's exactly my point. The point is: this forum is talking trash about where Texas's game is going to be watchable on the tv guide is about as much smack value as what the players are wearing when the play

Are you saying that where the game is going to be watchable is preferable?
Stevetex.
quote:
Only a sip would be dumb enough to try and spin the relegation from ABC to fs1 as anything other than a disaster.

Dude.... Out at the State Fair 11:00 was a disaster.

Please no more 11:00 Texas OU start time.
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:

quote:

A guy whose team went ****ing 5-7 in the worst conference in the country is talking about moral victories.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

So you are saying you prefer to have the game on Fox Sports 1?
GAC06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Fox sees it as a marquee game. Did you see the other two it was lumped with? We'll see how it plays out.

Texas will just have to muddle through being the top choice of the networks for the lone Sunday night spot against ND. I'm shocked that they didn't bump it for your match up against UCLA.
I have no idea wtf you are trying to say
turboboost
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You guys have a very vivid imagination.

Maybe Baylor will just open the door for the NCAA to come in and investigate Tennessee?

Not gonna happen...you know why? UT has nothing to to with tu and UT doesn't beat the ever livin' shizznit out of tu because they don't play you guys! TCU will be next. Cannibalism much?
Caesar4
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
atkretsch 659 posts 98 minutes ago
If it's really a matter of ESPN choosing ND/Texas with their first pick (and in doing so they were forced to leave the door open for FOX on the OU/Texas game), then I get it - OU/Texas will be back next year but ND/Texas is a rare matchup. If that's the case, I'm really not worried about the broader implications or loss of prestige of the RRS.
But strictly as a watcher of football games, this news sucks because FS1 sucks.

It isn't about first pick / second pick. It's about having a ****ty conference that can't protect its own broadcast interests. The SEC might be getting what many consider to be an under market rate from CBS, but guess what, the biggest conference rivalry game of the season isn't being pushed to a station like FS1... not that the conference even has a broadcast partner that ****ty anyway.
Caveat: I don't follow how games are chosen.

Comment: I'm puzzled about the position that the 2016 OU/Horn game is on FS1 due to ESPN using their first choice on a different game (that happens to involve the Horn team).

Question: In any other year, isn't it possible that ESPN uses their first pick involving a team-not-from-Austin, consequently again relegating other providers (FS1,etc) to choose (or not) to provide the OU/Horn game?

Further, if the Horns weren't playing ND this fall, isn't it possible that ESPN would still have used their first choice for a matchup not involving the Horns, thereby enabling FS1 to still choose the OU/Horn game?

Overanalyzing this? Just keep it simple.

As long as it's on TV, I'm good.

Apologies if I didn't present this train of thought well enough. This warrants no further response from me.
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
quote:

So you are saying you prefer to have the game on Fox Sports 1?

I'm saying I don't give a crap where they show it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
That's why you are on another fansite defending it? To show how much you don't care?
RVHorn
quote:
I know being obtuse is your best chance of holding onto your delusion, but let's try this again.

ABC could only choose one of TX/ND, TX/OU and OU/Ohio State. They chose TX/ND.

FOX chose TX/OU. This is not a relegation. FOX likely has big plans for promoting the game or could move it to FOX proper.

ABC/ESPN considers those to be marquee games and chose Texas/ND above all to show nationally in prime time. That's what being a brand does for you. Replace any team in the above three games with A&M and you immediately have an easy choice for least desirable game.

You may not return to your regularly scheduled hysteria and spinning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.