Red River shootout aka the "biggest, baddest, cfb rivalry"

28,063 Views | 204 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SidetrackAg
StephenvilleAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ND vs. utx.

A rare matchup that was last played a whole year ago.
Bonfire96
AG
quote:
Sips not liking this one bit

quote:
How does this happen? I thought the 2015 was the most viewed contest of the regular season

It was!
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
Nothing to see here

quote:
atkretsch 659 posts 98 minutes ago
If it's really a matter of ESPN choosing ND/Texas with their first pick (and in doing so they were forced to leave the door open for FOX on the OU/Texas game), then I get it - OU/Texas will be back next year but ND/Texas is a rare matchup. If that's the case, I'm really not worried about the broader implications or loss of prestige of the RRS.
But strictly as a watcher of football games, this news sucks because FS1 sucks.

Yeah. The only thing rare about the sip/ND game will be sip touchdowns.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The Collective
AG
Poor sips.
StephenvilleAg77
Awesome. Other than a paltry few Cal fans, no one on the west coast will be watching.
The Collective
AG
quote:
If it's really a matter of ESPN choosing ND/Texas with their first pick (and in doing so they were forced to leave the door open for FOX on the OU/Texas game), then I get it - OU/Texas will be back next year but ND/Texas is a rare matchup. If that's the case, I'm really not worried about the broader implications or loss of prestige of the RRS.

It isn't about first pick / second pick. It's about having a ****ty conference that can't protect its own broadcast interests. The SEC might be getting what many consider to be an under market rate from CBS, but guess what, the biggest conference rivalry game of the season isn't being pushed to a station like FS1... not that the conference even has a broadcast partner that ****ty anyway.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
Awesome. Other than a paltry few Cal fans, no one on the west coast will be watching.

Other than a few paltry sip fans, no on in the central time zone will be watching. The East Coast will be drunk and passed out after watching 3 straight SEC matchups. And the Mountain Time Zone? Nobody but Mormons and buffalo live there.
stexagg
Didn't we tell them crap like this was gonna happen about five years ago?
BohunkAg
AG
At least they can be drunk BEFORE the game starts

Also, this was what Deloss and Powers bright ass Pac 16 idea wouldve reaped for us every damn year had we gone along with it
Rascal
AG
sip co-workers already spinning this noting the fact that the reason it has to be on FS1 is because their other big game vs Notre Dame was ABC's first choice, so because of that Fox got to choose best game for Oct 8th. Still, they chose to put it on FS1 and not FOX. Funny!
Stevetex.
quote:
Didn't we tell them crap like this was gonna happen about five years ago?

Our first 3 games are night games. That's perfect.

If FS1 shows the OU game at any time other than 11am, you won't see any Longhorns complaining. It was only 11:00 for ABC.

BohunkAg
AG
The 3rd one is damn near a morning game on the East Coast
Stevetex.
quote:
The 3rd one is damn near a morning game on the East Coast

Yes. Really hyped about that. Going to be one hell of a night.
The Collective
AG
quote:
If FS1 shows the OU game at any time other than 11am, you won't see any Longhorns complaining. It was only 11:00 for ABC.

It can't be a night game given the location.
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:

No, that and no lights.
goodAg80
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, that and no lights.

Son. Of. A. *****. You are smart.
dermdoc
AG
Sure seems to be a lot of sips complaining whatever the time on the sip websites I have looked at. Hold the rope Stevie. Hold that dad gum rope.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Slwdsm
Bragging about the 9:30pm slot...

Mathguy64
AG
FS1's big deal last year was calling games from the studio. The announcers were not on site. Please dear 8 lb, blond haired, blue eyed baby Jesus with the Kung Fu grip, please do this for this game.
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
My reaction as a UT grad is: I'm stunned, shocked, and angry. The Big12's only marquee conference matchup (TEXAS vs. Oklahoma) has been relegated to fs1, a marginal sports cable channel most college football fans seldom watch and struggle to find on their channel guide.

However, if I remove my burnt orange goggles, I'm not all that surprised. Charlie's record is a very mediocre 6-7 & 5-7. We haven't been relevant since 2009. Odds are, we won't be relevant this year either. Also: I hate to admit it but **** is right, the Big12 conference is a stinking dumpsterfire.
Damn. Some of them are starting to wake up to reality.
dermdoc
AG
Considering A&M/Ole Miss had more than double the viewers last year of the RRS (aka the greatest, bestest cfb rivalry of all times)I understand Fox's business decision not to put it regular Fox. More red neck accounting.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
quote:
Post on sh****...

quote:
OK. I am now in the acceptance stage. Let's go to the SEC.

Oh yes - SEND THAT APPLICATION IN TODAY!

Thanks for the application but at the current time we feel that your experience and skills are not a good fit for our organization.

Please feel free to contact us in the future
Fightin Ag491
TV station smack...

Some serious sick burns on this page
Fightin Ag491
quote:
Considering A&M/Ole Miss had more than double the viewers last year of the RRS (aka the greatest, bestest cfb rivalry of all times)I understand Fox's business decision not to put it regular Fox. More red neck accounting.
Comparing A&M's performance against Ole Miss vs. Texas's performance to OU... Interesting choice of trash talk there
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
TV station smack...

By then you will be 1-3 and thanking sweet Jesus that no one will even be able to find FS1.
Fightin Ag491
quote:
quote:
TV station smack...

By then you will be 1-3 and thanking sweet Jesus that no one will even be able to find FS1.
Hopefully not, otherwise one of our first five games before OU must've been canceled or something
Caesar4
AG
quote:
quote:

It isn't about first pick / second pick. It's about having a ****ty conference that can't protect its own broadcast interests. The SEC might be getting what many consider to be an under market rate from CBS, but guess what, the biggest conference rivalry game of the season isn't being pushed to a station like FS1... not that the conference even has a broadcast partner that ****ty anyway.
Caveat: I don't follow how games are chosen.

Comment: I'm puzzled about the position that the 2016 OU/Horn game is on FS1 due to ESPN using their first choice on a different game (that happens to involve the Horn team).

Question: In any other year, isn't it possible that ESPN uses their first pick involving a team-not-from-Austin, consequently again relegating other providers (FS1,etc) to choose (or not) to provide the OU/Horn game?

Further, if the Horns weren't playing ND this fall, isn't it possible that ESPN would still have used their first choice for a matchup not involving the Horns, thereby enabling FS1 to still choose the OU/Horn game?
StephenvilleAg77
fs1
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
TV station smack...

Hopefully not, otherwise one of our first five games before OU must've been canceled or something
You have ND, UTEP, Cal, bye and OkST. You planning on losing to Bye too?

Poor sip. You figure it's safe to show back up here because Baylol had **** the bed and no one will pay attention to you and then you go and trip on your own deek.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
TV station smack...

That is what is so unbelievably funny....The nut shots just keep coming.....

• Horn carries skrong off after beating North Texas
  • Horn football gets shut out by Iowa State
  • Horn misses bowl game....AGAIN
  • Iowa State fires head coach
  • Horn has to watch A&M win SEC regular season in basketball
  • Horn has to watch A&M in the SEC Tourney championship playing Kentucky
  • Horn basketball with Prince Ibeh and new coach Shaka Smart....one and done to UNI
  • Horn has to watch A&M in biggest comeback in history against same team
  • Horn has to watch A&M and their REAL rival OU in the sweet 16
  • Horn has to watch REAL rival make it to final four
  • Horn baseball sucks wind and misses post season
  • Horn has to watch A&M reach #1 in all major baseball polls
  • Horn gets a little break seeing A&M miss regular season by 1 game only to have A&M win SEC tourny and lock up a National Seed
  • Horn, with zero going on selection Monday has to try to be relevant to the news cycle by announcing their longtime coach is stepping down.....and gets blasted by the media
  • Horn struggles to see how many freshman football signing class actually make it into school

...and now, horn finds out they will be playing their premier game against their REAL rival on FS1 and the rematch against Iowa State will be seen by no-one but Horn on LHN.....

SOOOOOO FUNNY
We fixed the keg
AG
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Caveat: I don't follow how games are chosen.

Comment: I'm puzzled about the position that the 2016 OU/Horn game is on FS1 due to ESPN using their first choice on a different game (that happens to involve the Horn team).

Question: In any other year, isn't it possible that ESPN uses their first pick involving a team-not-from-Austin, consequently again relegating other providers (FS1,etc) to choose (or not) to provide the OU/Horn game?

Further, if the Horns weren't playing ND this fall, isn't it possible that ESPN would still have used their first choice for a matchup not involving the Horns, thereby enabling FS1 to still choose the OU/Horn game?

Overanalyzing this? Just keep it simple.

As long as it's on TV, I'm good.

GAC06
AG
Like the LHN? Nothing builds your brand like nobody watching
Fightin Ag491
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
TV station smack...

You have ND, UTEP, Cal, bye and OkST. You planning on losing to Bye too?

Poor sip. You figure it's safe to show back up here because Baylol had **** the bed and no one will pay attention to you and then you go and trip on your own deek.
You were right, my bad. The past few seasons it has been the sixth game

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.