Texas A&M, Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri

28,291 Views | 204 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by doubledegreeAG
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Four large, tradition rich state schools.

Replaced with TCU and West Virginia.

Still sounds stupid even now. I laugh every f-cking time I think about it.

You dumb b-stards.

And you are crowing about the coach you stole from Louisville...the coach that was an assistant for TWENTY-SIX YEARS before anyone would hire him as a head coach....there was a reason.
BohunkAg
AG
He was good at making excuses even when he was getting passed over:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3813793

quote:
Florida Gators defensive coordinator Charlie Strong believes race is a reason he hasn't been offered a head-coaching job during his 25 years in college football, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

Strong, a 48-year-old black man, shook his head affirmatively when an Orlando Sentinel reporter asked him if his interracial marriage was a factor in getting passed over for jobs, including one at a Southern school a few years ago. Strong, whose wife is white, said he heard that too many times for it to be rumor.

"Everybody always said I didn't get that job because my wife is white," Strong said at media day Monday, as the Gators prepare to face Oklahoma in the FedEx BCS National Championship Game. "If you think about it, a coach is standing up there representing the university. If you're not strong enough to look through that [interracial marriage], then you have an issue."
Madman
AG
quote:
Four large, tradition rich state schools.

Replaced with TCU and West Virginia.

Still sounds stupid even now. I laugh every f-cking time I think about it.

You dumb b-stards.

And you are crowing about the coach you stole from Louisville...the coach that was an assistant for TWENTY-SIX YEARS before anyone would hire him as a head coach....there was a reason.
Dude he already explained it was because he had a white wife. It was all her fault.
Teslag
AG
Broke as ****, stuck in the Big 12 with zero options, no QB, losing season, getting ass kicked by A&M in recruiting, settled on their 8th choice as coach, players fleeing the program left and right.

The University of Texas at Austin has a pathetically shltty football program.
RVHorn
Interesting notion of "tradition rich" schools. You and Missouri and Colorado don't really amount to much in the last 20 years or so. Y'all only had sporadic success in other time periods.
Frankie T
I will agree with that. White women are the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
Interesting notion of "tradition rich" schools. You and Missouri and Colorado don't really amount to much in the last 20 years or so. Y'all only had sporadic success in other time periods.

As opposed to the sh-t sandwiches you are stuck with now like TCU, Worst Vagina, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas Tech, etc?

Colorado is the LEAST "tradition rich" of those four schools despite their split MNC in the McCartney era, but I would still take them over those eight schools above. At least you've got the Denver market and a beautiful campus (not to mention all the hippie lettuce you can smoke).
ZoneClubber
AG
I feel bad for Sumlin and his white wife being such an anchor for his career.
BohunkAg
AG
I mean, sh-t, the biggest thing most of the Big 12 campuses have going for them is they have been featured in episodes of Tornado Chasers.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
good ****ing lord there are no words to combat this kind of abject stupidity.
carl spacklers hat
quote:
quote:
good ****ing lord there are no words to combat this kind of abject stupidity.
.45 to the temple ? Or a bottle of bleach. But yeah, you can't fix stupid.
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
Rankings by all-time winning percentage:
10. Nebraska
25. Texas A&M
28. West Virginia
37. Colorado
64. Missouri
69. TCU

So you traded 10 & 25 for 28, and 37 & 64 for 69.

Or, if you prefer to rank by all-time wins and ignore losses:
1. Nebraska
15. West Virginia
18. Texas A&M
25. Colorado
33. Missouri
42. TCU

You traded 1 & 18 for 15, and 25 & 33 for 42.

Nice upgrade there, champ.
Rocco S
quote:

How many seasons has your tshirt team won something in that time
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
I thought Michigan was #1 in all-time wins among current FBS schools, with t.u. and Notre Dame fighting it out for 3rd. Nebraska that high?
SchizoAg
AG
According to this, Nebraska is out in front by a whopping 60 games at 984 all-time vs. #2 Miami at 924.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
Rankings by all-time winning percentage:
10. Nebraska
25. Texas A&M
28. West Virginia
37. Colorado
64. Missouri
69. TCU

So you traded 10 & 25 for 28, and 37 & 64 for 69.

Or, if you prefer to rank by all-time wins and ignore losses:
1. Nebraska
15. West Virginia
18. Texas A&M
25. Colorado
33. Missouri
42. TCU

You traded 1 & 18 for 15, and 25 & 33 for 42.

Nice upgrade there, champ.
I notice you kept Nebraska in there. My point was that the other three schools are not exactly storied programs. Your lists prove that. Thanks.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:

Rocco is the France of Texags. Can't hardly wait to surrender.

Accepted.
dreyOO
quote:
You dumb b-stards.

I hate to correct such a quality post, but there were MANY reasons he stayed in the role Red preferred. And every day he stays the head man, he exposes another flaw.
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
I notice you kept Nebraska in there. My point was that the other three schools are not exactly storied programs. Your lists prove that. Thanks.
All four are ranked higher than every other resident of the dumpster fire besides OU and t.u.

RVHorn
quote:
quote:
All four are ranked higher than every other resident of the dumpster fire besides OU and t.u.

And, oddly, none of them other than Nebraska is a storied program. OU and Texas are, but not the three I quoted from the op.

See if you can find yet another way to dodge.
Rocco S
quote:
quote:
quote:

Rocco is the France of Texags. Can't hardly wait to surrender.

Accepted.

Didn't answer the ?

Surrender accepted
vettmaster99
AG

TrailorHorn, even West Virginia recognizes that the BDF is inferior.
SlackerAg
AG
The lower right shows the rest of the world too!
BohunkAg
AG
The Horns may win in Dubai.
Frankie T
Just wait until they add Dubai to that *****. The middle east part of the world map is going to be bluer than Lacy's left flap.
Frankie T
Bo + slow typing = fail.
e=mc2
AG
quote:
http://gamedayrcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/bob-stoops-sec-big-12.jpeg

TrailorHorn, even West Virginia recognizes that the BDF is inferior.

Even in Texas, the home of 4 BDF schools and 1 SEC school.
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

And, oddly, none of them other than Nebraska is a storied program. OU and Texas are, but not the three I quoted from the op.

See if you can find yet another way to dodge.
I think top-25 in both all-time wins and winning percentage qualifies as "storied". But by all means, draw your arbitrary line wherever you need to to soothe your butthurt.

ntxVol
quote:
20 years seems like such a short time frame when talking about traditions in college sports.

However, it just so happens that the 2015-16 academic year will be the Big 12's 20th year of competition. As an avid college sports fan, can you please tell me what your conference's contributions have been to the many traditions that fans such as I enjoy?

It is sad, but I can only think of the many traditions that have been lost and wonder how you feel the history of the Big 12 will be viewed 10 yrs from now when it finally ceases to exist?
dermdoc
AG
"Storied", as in past tense, is the key word here. Especially for the sips. But ou and Nebraska ain't seeing any success soon either imho.

You were Texas
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
StephenvilleAg77
Florida, Oregon, FSU, A&M, Wisconsin, and Auburn all say "hi" to rvhorn. The past is not the future.
bobbranco
AG
Dissing him and his white prize.
StephenvilleAg77
Charlie Moran, Dana X. Bible, Homer Norton, Bear Bryant, Gene Stallings, Emory Bellard, Jackie Sherrill, R.C. Slocum, and Kevin Sumlin. Looks like a storied list to me.
RVHorn
Of course you think it's a storied program. Everybody does. Everybody who is an Aggie.
BohunkAg
AG
It's OK...you can keep TCU and Worst Vagina....and Kansas...and Tech...and Iowa State...and the rest of them.

I don't give two f-cks what your definition of "storied" is. You can have all of them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.