Texas A&M, Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri

28,216 Views | 204 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by doubledegreeAG
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Yes, I saw that too and thought it was not PC/appropriate, but that's a tough crowd on the Shag. Now, how is that any different from you guys labeling t-shirt fans as yard men and general laborers? I think we can all agree that when those "yard men and laborers" are referenced, the implication is not to WASP individuals, but to minorities---am I not right? I'm pretty sure I am. So again, don't get overly
self-righteous---pot/black applies here.
also...

at least I

know how to
right in
coherent
sentences
you ****ing
dumb ****
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
Yes, I saw that too and thought it was not PC/appropriate, but that's a tough crowd on the Shag. Now, how is that any different from you guys labeling t-shirt fans as yard men and general laborers? I think we can all agree that when those "yard men and laborers" are referenced, the implication is not to WASP individuals, but to minorities---am I not right? I'm pretty sure I am. So again, don't get overly
So again who is being the cop here? Go police your own, cock sucker.
GAC06
AG
You know how to "right"?
NoneGiven
AG
Back to the OP:

quote:
And you are crowing about the coach you stole from Louisville...the coach that was an assistant for TWENTY-SIX YEARS before anyone would hire him as a head coach....there was a reason.

Who wouldn't want a guy that can't even remember his starting QB's name after tossing him under the bus all season long?
Silent For Too Long
quote:
You know how to "right"?
Goddamit.

That's like misspelling spelling.

Thanks GAC.
Silent For Too Long
So I made my way over to the thread that I was allegedly getting my ass handed to me in. Looks like there are as many people agreeing with my stance as disagreeing with it.

If that's getting my ass handed to me, what do you call this thread in respect to your brilliant insights, mensa?
Haverhill
Texas A&M and Missouri have a lot of momentum, but Nebraska and Colorado are in neutral or reverse because they have lost recruiting ground in this state.
WestAustinAg
AG
quote:
One is a comment about specific people of color under a picture of those people standing in front of Rudy's BBQ. It's a racist based criticism of who they are and what they should be doing (working in the back).

The other is a general comment that yardmen/day laborers/immigrants where orange a lot more than they wear maroon. It's neither surprising nor racist....i.e. there is no criticism of the worker/laborer.
Saint Arnold
AG
quote:
Texas A&M and Missouri have a lot of momentum, but Nebraska and Colorado are in neutral or reverse because they have lost recruiting ground in this state.
True for Nebraska. Colorado, however, actually more than doubled Texas recruits following the move. (7 during 4 years prior to move, 16 during 4 years after move).

Popular to say having a regularly scheduled game in the state helps recruiting, but targeted recruits are usually brought for on-campus visits, so not sure how much that really matters.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
quote:

The part about Missouri and A&M are right. However, Nebraska's problem began with the phasing out of Prop 48 athletes. This was their bread and butter and they still haven't learned how to recruit in the new age.

Colorado should be nails but this hippies are too busy eating pot brownies and have de-emphasized athletics. Utah ended up being a better add for the PAC than Colorado from a competition standpoint.
Haverhill
quote:
quote:

The part about Missouri and A&M are right. However, Nebraska's problem began with the phasing out of Prop 48 athletes. This was their bread and butter and they still haven't learned how to recruit in the new age.

Colorado should be nails but this hippies are too busy eating pot brownies and have de-emphasized athletics. Utah ended up being a better add for the PAC than Colorado from a competition standpoint.
While out in Denver in May '14, someone told me the Pac 12 should have taken Colorado State instead of Colorado, since they have a more loyal fan and alumni base, and have been better athletically. Not sure I buy it, but it was an interesting perspective. Makes me wonder if the Big 12 would take a CSU or a UNLV along with BYU if that move ever gets made to give them a partner out west.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
True for Nebraska. Colorado, however, actually more than doubled Texas recruits following the move. (7 during 4 years prior to move, 16 during 4 years after move).

Popular to say having a regularly scheduled game in the state helps recruiting, but targeted recruits are usually brought for on-campus visits, so not sure how much that really matters.
Kind of hard to say, IMO. Recruiting depends so much on the coaches involved. Pelini wasn't a warm fuzzy kind of guy, and the more criticism he faced the more he lost it.

Colorado's move to the PAC reinvigorated their program to a degree. Sure the pot thing didn't hurt either.
Haverhill
quote:
quote:
quote:

Kind of hard to say, IMO. Recruiting depends so much on the coaches involved. Pelini wasn't a warm fuzzy kind of guy, and the more criticism he faced the more he lost it.

Colorado's move to the PAC reinvigorated their program to a degree. Sure the pot thing didn't hurt either.
Uhhh, Colorado football has been terrible and Tad Boyle was hired before the Pac 12 move.
aTm2004
AG
Colorado football is terrible due to the recruiting violations and sexual assaults that happened and the university self-inflicting it's own athletic demise to get in front of the oncoming PC and pitchfork crowd.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Uhhh, Colorado football has been terrible and Tad Boyle was hired before the Pac 12 move.
Uhh, the subject was recruiting in the state of Texas, not wins and losses.

Try to keep up, dear.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

While out in Denver in May '14, someone told me the Pac 12 should have taken Colorado State instead of Colorado, since they have a more loyal fan and alumni base, and have been better athletically. Not sure I buy it, but it was an interesting perspective. Makes me wonder if the Big 12 would take a CSU or a UNLV along with BYU if that move ever gets made to give them a partner out west.
Interesting. Coupla thoughts: Colorado is AAU, I don't think CSU is. The Buffs are also generally known as a pretty dang good school, in general. The PAC might feel they were a better fit. Also, between CSU, UNLV and BYU, UNLV gives them another state in their footprint, unlike the other two...thinking about TV money here, obviously.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Interesting. Coupla thoughts: Colorado is AAU, I don't think CSU is. The Buffs are also generally known as a pretty dang good school, in general. The PAC might feel they were a better fit. Also, between CSU, UNLV and BYU, UNLV gives them another state in their footprint, unlike the other two...thinking about TV money here, obviously.
UNLV would give the PAC another state, but are they up-to-snuff academically and size wise for the snooty PAC??
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
Last words I've heard about them from in-the-know type folks, 1) no, and 2) probably not. However, I'd have to study their TV pull in different sports to see.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'd just like to interject that there is no evidence that Sul Ross was in the Klan, and certainly not a Grand Master. His robes are certainly not in the Cushing archives.

Just another Randy fantasy,
WestAustinAg
AG
Please stop talking about the pac 12 and UNLV...that's never gonna happen.
Cow
You're trying too hard to (unsuccessfully) convince yourself and spin. You people don't point out that "yardmen/day laborers/immigrants" wear burnt orange as high praise. You do it to denigrate the Texas fan base by implying it's made up in some part of unskilled, unprofessional individuals, in this case and in this part of the country, those being predominately minorities. You people are aware of that; there is ABSOLUTELY racism implied.
Using your analogy---those choosing to wear burnt orange in our state most likely will be mowing lawns and clipping hedges.
Sounds just as PI/racist to me as that ill-advised post on the Shag---and probably to most others outside of ****.
Beasleyboy
AG
quote:
You people don't point out that yard men wear burnt orange as high praise. You do it to denigrate the Texas fan base by implying it's made up in some part of unskilled, unprofessional individuals
It doesn't need to be implied, because it's true. Your (t-shirt) buddies who frequent this board don't exactly help that perception.
Cow
Ahhh, but you're ignoring the yardman/minority/racist issue. That's the point.
Although, trashing someone based on their schooling is just another form of prejudice; just not as abhorrent I suppose.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
trashing someone based on their schooling is just another form of prejudice

Oh brother.
Cow
Wow, I guess I've hit a nerve and have you so rattled you're grasping. Go back and check my original entry,
that's
not
how
it
posted.
Tressels Vest
AG
quote:
Wow, I guess I've hit a nerve and have you so rattled you're grasping. Go back and check my original entry,
that's
not
how
it
posted.

No one cares ***got. **** off.
Cow
Yeah, thanks, I thought that one hit the mark.....
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Cow, do you ever get off that solid gold high horse? Your argument falls short when you describe our supposed equal opportunity treatment of t-shirt sips of all kinds.
Beasleyboy
AG
Core values y'all, they love that high horse
sows
I miss the lost rivalries especially OU-NU and UT-A&M. OU is scheduled to play Nebraska in 2020 and 2021 which should really be welcomed by fans of both schools.

Hopefully A&M and UT will schedule something down the road.

I think the SEC is the best conference in terms of having the most contenders in recent years. It's top heavy though. I think Mizzou and A&M have done well in the SEC. About the same as they did in BIg 12 to this point. I know we need a larger sample.

OU has a record of 12-7-2 all time vs SEC. But if you include games played against teams that CURRENTLY make up the SEC that number jumps to 103-43-8. Most of the wins are against Mizzou as they are a former Big 8 team which OU played for many years. Just like in the Big 12 Mizzou has made it to CCG in weaker SEC East(old Big 12 North essentially) but lost.

The Sooners have winning records vs. CU and NU too. What about TCU? OU is 9-5 against Frogs and 5-2 against W. VA. 14-7 overall but again too small a sample and I think too early to say.

doubledegreeAG
AG
quote:
I think the SEC is the best conference in terms of having the most contenders in recent years. It's top heavy though.
Yeah. Too bad the BDF is so bottom heavy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.