Texas A&M, Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri

28,294 Views | 204 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by doubledegreeAG
MikeRoEconomist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Damn, Cow. Keep the burnt orange glasses on nice and tight. Do you even understand what you're celebrating when you brag on Strong's losing record leading a team with 5 draft worthy veterans? If you did, you would understand why he's not a national media darling. Have you forgotten what Mack did with a team with zero draft worthy veterans?

Please explain without using excuses, rhetoric, or subjective delusion.
So much of this - if a team has NFL talent and can't put up a record over .500, lauding your coach for 'developing players' is blissful ignorance at its finest.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
And in reply to Aggiehawg as well...

In your haste to (unsuccessfully) discredit RD, you missed who actually posted this "opus".
Hint...it wasn't RD.
Thanks. My mistake.

Now I know your username on the shag. Spreadsheet updated.
Wade_3
AG
quote:
No. No, he wouldn't.
You're flattering yourself and your mediocre program that your coach is trying desperately to put into contention after 2 years of digression.

Total record:
11-2, 9-4, and 8-5.
SEC record:
6-2, 4-4, 3-5
SECW Standing:
3rd, 4th, 6th
Downward spiral.

Yeah, UT is having its issues as well, but you guys---glass houses/stones come to mind. And spare me your secsecsec rhetoric; drop the typical **** excuses/justifications and man up. You're facing issues yourselves. Stop worrying about Big Brother in Austin and concentrate on where your team is headed.

Wait, this is the same tu team that finished in the following places:

2012- 3rd (8-1)
2013- 4th (7-2)
2014- 5th (5-4)

And also tied for 2nd (with iowa state!!!!) in least amount of points scored in the B12 (278).

Just to point out, here are the other teams in the B12 that finished with losing records in 2014:

texas tech
kansas
iowa state

Yep, those are your peers, whorn. Looks like a pretty decided downward spiral for you ladies.
AboveGroundPool
quote:
Thanks. My mistake.

You have a spreadsheet? That's not weird or obsessive. At all.

Also, is it not still lame to spend time on a (former) rival's website? I thought that used to be ~ page 3 of the Aggie Big Book of Internet Comebacks.
Wade_3
AG
quote:
quote:
Thanks. My mistake.

You have a spreadsheet? That's not weird or obsessive. At all.

Also, is it not still lame to spend time on a (former) rival's website? I thought that used to be ~ page 3 of the Aggie Big Book of Internet Comebacks.
About as obsessive as creating an account 6 months ago just to post lame **** like this.
AboveGroundPool
quote:
About as obsessive as creating an account 6 months ago just to post lame **** like this.
Well, actually I created an account six months ago so I could post lame **** six months ago.

But you're probably right. I should post more often. Want to hang out?
aggiehawg
AG
I have never posted on the shag. Read it because I have lived in Austin for decades and hear things. Check 'em out.

Just like on TexAgs, there are certain posters that often have interesting, outrageous, deceitful, hateful (and many times all of the above) things to say. Roll your eyes, give a little sigh, and click on their post to see which soapbox/planet are they on today.

Message boards have become a stream of consciousness outlet. A written Rorschach Test subject to interpretation.
Bullet Tooth Tony
Recruiting rankings from 2009 thru 2015 according to Rivals.

tu - 5, 3, 3, 2, 24, 20, 12
A&M - 22, 17, 27, 15, 11, 6, 10

From this it doesn't look like tu is getting the upper hand lately in recruiting..

So in the last 20 years tu has THREE Conference Championships. Next year there will be TWO Conference Championships in the last 20 years. Congrats. Also, good luck staying within 30 points of tcu and bayor this year, and watching them play meaningful games against each other while you are nursing a losing record and doing your best stay in front of Iowa State. Good luck coming up with excuses for your current coach and blame for your miserable season on your previous coach who won you 2 of those conference championships over those last 20 years. Also, you probably should change your argument and count the last 26 years, so you can dip into some SWC championships. Those are really relevant today.

Keep looking back - meanwhile, A&M will be looking forward.
vin1041
AG
Back in the day the Army & Navel Academys did great on the grid iron. Today great schools to get an education. Not so much in winning a natty in football. That does make them any less of a storied program.
Wade_3
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, actually I created an account six months ago so I could post lame **** six months ago.

But you're probably right. I should post more often. Want to hang out?
Is this the pick-up line you use on Grinder?
AboveGroundPool
quote:
No idea what that is. You seem familiar with it.
Cow
I don't post on the shag; those guys---even though we're on the same side---are too sharp and cut-throat to keep up with. You know what I mean; you read it. So if you think I'm one of them, thanks, I guess it's a compliment, but I can't take the credit.
Those guys put out pure gold regarding **** (especially RD); I just visit to revel in it all...
Cow
What about Scouts, 24/7 and ESPN?
Yes, Texas IS looking forward. The future seems bright---but then, that's the irksome issue, isn't it?
Beasleyboy
AG
how the **** does it seem bright?
Personal Best
AG
Irksome issue? Who talks like that? You seem like someone who is desperately trying to sound smarter than you are
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG

Son, are you on drugs?
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Any scale of greatness with RD at its pinnacle is just sad.
aggiehawg
AG
Well, that just reinforced my point about the shag posters.

Anyone who thinks Randolph Duke knows what the hell he is talking about most of the time, will follow the horn program as it swirls down the toilet bowl amidst the other turds.

But, I love it. By all means, focus on us. We're the shiny object over here. Don't look at the steaming pile that is Belmont.

Cow definitely is a acolyte. Drink Randy's brand of Kool-Aid. It won't taste like cyanide, promise.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Does RD fool anybody about his crusade to return the PUF to 100% to tu? He pretends it's all about separation of tu and A&M, but if a bill was proposed to seperate PUF ownership/management and tu, split the PUF 50/50, define A&M and tu as independent systems; then, if he had a vote, he would vote against it.
Wade_3
AG
quote:
quote:
No idea what that is. You seem familiar with it.
So you just go the Larry Craig route. Brave of you to admit!
dermdoc
AG
By all means "revel" in what RD writes. As you watch your tshirt program sinks into mediocrity. You can trash Clay Travis but you can't dispute numbers. Although RD, in his delusion state, is so desperately trying to.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
APHIS AG
quote:
Yes, Texas IS looking forward. The future seems bright

Yes, I see it!! The light at the end of the tunnel but, it happens to be the train.

Please, keep deluding yourself. You have no QB, no offensive line and your defense is gone.

Oh yes, the sip future is bright indeed.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Whoever posted that story is an ardent supporter of a a school that had dorms named after grand dragons and still has confederate generals' statues on campus. He really thinks some made up anecdotal story told by a guy who probably was suffering from Alzheimer's puts A&M in a bad light?
They still bleach bomb black people on their campus and their biggest donors are open racists.
We had a black players before they did, a black QB before they did and a black coach before they did, and they want to call us backwards and racist? Sure.
Keep coming up with fake stories and we'll just keep pointing to the facts.
Cow

"Irksome issue" threw you? Wow.
Who do you communicate with on a daily basis---5 year-olds? Or just other ****?
Cow
Here you go; again, glass houses and stones come to mind...
(I bet they didn't cover ALL of this at fish camp.)

"I screwed up on the past pic I was trying to post of the KKK in the 1906 **** yearbook. Here is the pic.

The ags have an interesting way of pointing fingers at others and ignoring their own history. They ignore the first person offered the presidency of their school was Jefferson Davis as well as the realities of their beloved Sul Ross:

Sul Ross is credited with creating many of the enduring Aggie traditions, such as the Aggie Ring. Because of his popularity as a Confederate commander, enrollment grew exponentially during his presidency because the men who knew his reputation from the Civil War wanted their sons to study under him. Also, it is widely held that Ross was a Grand Marshall in the Ku Klux Klan and his robes are in Cushing Library. https://tyram.wordpress.com/"

(For whatever reason, the picture didn't post, but I'm sure you can look up the yearbook and see for yourself. I'll describe it for you, though---9-10 guys in klan robes captioned "The K.K.K.'s, then the officers and members listed.)
***Credit RD***

You know, lest you get overly sanctimonious or anything like that---let the spin commence........
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Cow, you keep finding the historical points to argue. The original point remains: losing Texas A&M, Nebraska, Missouri, and Colorado and gaining WV and TCU leaves a huge deficit. As a conference the big12 had a major decline in athletic and academic respect.
BiochemAg97
AG
quote:
@dermdoc
It certainly seemed that he "made them up" because the slimeball didn't credit his source, did he? He just ran with another publication's findings in a (so obvious) desperate attempt to counter the very positive NFL draft results for Texas and CS, and the subsequent **** b***hurt.
He's an **** mouthpiece and everyone knows it; so yes, I'm calling his motives 'bs'.
As far as the findings---this was a few months ago, also based on social media.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-fan-map.html?abt=0002&abg=0&_r=0

Whatever... it's all relative.....

Yes, because we all know internet polls are much more reliable than Nelson ratings.

BTW, there is a reason every real journalist and/or reporting source attaches "not a scientifically reliable poll" to all internet polls. If you don't understand, go google "sample bias".
Token
AG
quote:

"I screwed up on the past pic I was trying to post of the KKK in the 1906 **** yearbook. Here is the pic.

The ags have an interesting way of pointing fingers at others and ignoring their own history. They ignore the first person offered the presidency of their school was Jefferson Davis as well as the realities of their beloved Sul Ross:

Sul Ross is credited with creating many of the enduring Aggie traditions, such as the Aggie Ring. Because of his popularity as a Confederate commander, enrollment grew exponentially during his presidency because the men who knew his reputation from the Civil War wanted their sons to study under him. Also, it is widely held that Ross was a Grand Marshall in the Ku Klux Klan and his robes are in Cushing Library. https://tyram.wordpress.com/"

(For whatever reason, the picture didn't post, but I'm sure you can look up the yearbook and see for yourself. I'll describe it for you, though---9-10 guys in klan robes captioned "The K.K.K.'s, then the officers and members listed.)

You know, lest you get overly sanctimonious or anything like that---let the spin commence........
2:34 am on a non rivals' website. Unbelievable, yet totally expected
Cow
And also in reply to @Token

Wow.
You guys love to accuse Longhorn posters of "moving goalposts". Yours is a pretty big repositioning of the uprights, don't ya think?
Pot/black.
Cow
You may want to Google "reliability of Nielson ratings" before touting their accuracy versus Internet polls. This gem from just a few months ago may discredit the Nielson numbers used in the USA Today piece---and, subsequently, clay travis' puff piece.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/nielsen-admits-error-in-calculating-broadcast-syndie-ratings-1201326710/
technoviking
AG
From your article: "Executives said 98% to 99% of ratings would not be affected by more than .05 of a ratings point. Cable networks and local programming are unaffected by the snafu."

And really? You're going to bring up stuff from the 1800s? Talk about desperate. I guess when a&m goes to a bowl and yall don't you can talk about how judas was really an ag and Jesus was descendant of chollie...
BiochemAg97
AG
quote:
You may want to Google "reliability of Nielson ratings" before touting their accuracy versus Internet polls. This gem from just a few months ago may discredit the Nielson numbers used in the USA Today piece---and, subsequently, clay travis' puff piece.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/nielsen-admits-error-in-calculating-broadcast-syndie-ratings-1201326710/
Cow, what I hear you telling me is that every time texags wins an Internet poll, those results are more accurate and meaningful than Nielsen ratings.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
And also in reply to @Token

Wow.
You guys love to accuse Longhorn posters of "moving goalposts". Yours is a pretty big repositioning of the uprights, don't ya think?
Pot/black.
Damn...12:35 on a Sunday night/Monday morning. I'm guessing your shift ends around mid-night and you tend to get home around 12:30 and hop on TexAgs while the leftovers you brought home are heating up in the microwave with a small cup of water.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:

***Credit RD***

So we are ignoring our own history by keeping his robes in the Cushing Library? Interesting point you are trying to make here.

Maybe you can share with us your feelings on Littlefield? RLM? Painter? Simkins Hall getting named 5 weeks after the announcement of Brown vs Board of Education?

What was your favorite minstrel performance from Roundup?
APHIS AG
quote:
From your article: "Executives said 98% to 99% of ratings would not be affected by more than .05 of a ratings point. Cable networks and local programming are unaffected by the snafu."

Cow, why don't you go back to the shag where you belong with the rest of your delusional "friends", that way you can stop embarrassing yourself with your every post.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.