Astros 2016 not so improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series

297,387 Views | 3934 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sea Gull
Forum Troll
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just don't get it with Giles. Has to be mental at this point.
Basketball and Chain
AG
**** you Gomez
Basketball and Chain
AG
**** you **** you **** you

I swear I hate half our team
titanmaster_race
quote:
**** you Gomez

**** gomez
The Beef01
AG
Gotta fire Hinch, the poor personnel decisions (re: bullpen use) and poor focus/base running has been killing this team since last September.

I promise, Astros, he won't be a hot commodity...just let him go!
Coby
AG
I just got finished talking about how the Giles trade has been worse for us than the Gomez/Fiers one.

Then Gomez had to go and do me like that.
Ag12thman
AG
Can we get a real manager already?
BMX Bandit
If they don't win the next two and series against Twins, it will be very hard for me to maintain interest.
3B Paul 97
AG
I'm most upset that we didn't use our 2 best relievers at this time (Harris and Gregerson) to close it out. This team is hurting for wins. It is no time to try to build up a guys confidence or use him in a spot you hope he can lock down sometime in the year.

Fiers was solid and he really had the curve working. Hopefully, Devenski can continue with his strong showing today.
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Tucker has such a nice swing. Why do I get the feeling that our most producive lineups this year will be when Gomez isn't playing?

Gomez? That throw in player from the Fiers deal?
Gomez will end with more WAR than any other Astro.
I'm a regular Nostradamus.
Deluxe
AG
In the 90-00s, we had the Killer Bs (which was a good thing). Now we have the Killer Gs (which is a bad thing).

Giles
Gomez
Gattis (though he's working his way off this list)
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
This season is over if drastic changes aren't made. These changes can include:

1) Gomez, and Giles pulling their heads out of their asses and being productive members of this team.
2) a trade for a solid starting pitcher
3) a change in management
4) McCullers coming back and winning a CY young.
5) management actually punishing players who do stupid ****, like trying to take third base in a tie game in the ninth inning with zero outs.

Any combination of the above. However, none of these things will happen. Every day we dig a bigger hole, and it's almost impossible to claw our way out of it as is. At this point we have to play on a 100+ win pace to win the division. Yeah, good luck with that.

I'm officially calling the season. I think we've already shat the bed for too long. Hopefully we can make some moves later this year or in the offseason that actually help the team and not vice versa.

Worst case, I'm right. Best case, I just pulled off the most successful jinx in Houston sports history.

I vote that we close this thread down too and start a new one.
Beau Bevers
AG
quote:
I just don't get it with Giles. Has to be mental at this point.
Has to be. His stuff is WAY better than his results.
mazag08
AG
You don't just keep throwing a guy out there with all the pressure in the world, tap him on the butt, and say "go get em Tiger, eventually bats will stop finding your balls".

The guy is mentally weak and might even be tipping his pitches somehow. Regardless, I don't blame him one bit. His manager isn't helping him at all.
rosco511
AG
quote:
You don't just keep throwing a guy out there with all the pressure in the world, tap him on the butt, and say "go get em Tiger, eventually bats will stop finding your balls".

The guy is mentally weak and might even be tipping his pitches somehow. Regardless, I don't blame him one bit. His manager isn't helping him at all.
Agree completely. With the way Harris has been pitching, no sense to throw Giles into that spot at this point.
iBrad
AG
Harris has appeared in almost half our games so far. You can't roll him out every night. The guy has to get rest if you want him to be effective later in the season.

With our starters struggling to go six innings, our bullpen is getting overworked. Since Giles is on the roster, you have to use him and unfortunately it can't always be in situations that don't matter.

I was really excited to add Giles. I thought it gave our bullpen a piece it was missing. For me, he's the biggest disappointment so far.
rosco511
AG
We were coming off an off day and Fiers made it through seven. There is no reason Harris and then Gregorson should not have been the plan at this point, especially since we really need momentum.
Cheo
We ****ing suck

It's pathetic
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Maybe it's the mermaid theory at work, but I'm starting to think Julia is hot.
iBrad
AG
He had pitched four out of six days. Yes, we had an off day, but it's not like one day off and he's ready. We'll agree to disagree on this one, as I think he was likely unavailable last night.
aTm2004
AG
titanmaster_race
quote:
Maybe it's the mermaid theory at work, but I'm starting to think Julia is hot.

Julia is classic office hot.
titanmaster_race
quote:
He had pitched four out of six days. Yes, we had an off day, but it's not like one day off and he's ready. We'll agree to disagree on this one, as I think he was likely unavailable last night.

Agree that Harris should have gotten rest like ge did, byt why not sipp? Oh right, he's only allowed to face lefties, so we better trot out over-the-walls-qualls eerrrrrm giles
NotGibbs
AFDave13
AG
quote:

Forum Troll
AG
7 win April. On pace for 42 wins or so.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
I think Feldman has the lowest ERA of our pitchers with substantial innings
MW13
AG
Lost our 17th game May 25 last year.
titanmaster_race
Hinch has to be gone soon, right? He definitely isn't the source of all issues, but he surely isn't helping the team pull out of the crapper either.
Psych
AG
quote:
Hinch has to be gone soon, right? He definitely isn't the source of all issues, but he surely isn't helping the team pull out of the crapper either.

After what he did last year, Hinch has a long way to go before being on the hot seat.
Bonfired
AG
Going into today, and I'm going with the surface stats (I'll let others dive into the advanced stuff):

AL ranks

9th in batting (1st in strikeouts, unsurprisingly)
13th in fielding
15th in ERA

Hit, field and pitch...and we suck at all of it right now.

Very discouraging.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Should we bump the other thread to switch up the mojo?

Which thread is which
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Someone start a new thread... It can't hurt. I'd do it but I'm not cool enough for people to follow
Post removed:
by user
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
This thread is so dead this year that I thought I had accidentally unfollowed it a few times.

We on a new thread homie
First Page
Page 112 of 113

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.