************* Houston Rockets 22-23 Season thread *************

95,698 Views | 1176 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Max Power
HotardRat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
brotherbear said:

Hearing Rockets real high on Grady Dick at 4.

No chance.
Guitarsoup
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Take best player. Tiny chance that happens IMO.

If they refuse to take him they would get lots of offers to trade down.
How much do you trust Michael Jordan to make the best basketball front office move?

Olsen
AG
Been reading on Clutchfans for the last hour and the general consensus is to slightly trade up for Scoot.
Ags #1
AG
Cause james loves strippers and las vegas? While not a model team mate a tad different. But hey maybe miller had learned his lesson
TexAgs1992
brotherbear said:

Hearing Rockets real high on Grady Dick at 4.
I hope this is a joke.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Olsen said:

Been reading on Clutchfans for the last hour and the general consensus is to slightly trade up for Scoot.

At what cost?
Aggie09Derek
AG

Spurs balls were on their game tonight
Guitarsoup
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Olsen said:

At what cost?
#4 and KPJ for #2?
Aggie09Derek
AG
No chance they would do that. Not worth picking up KPJ's contract and going down past the top 3…
Guitarsoup
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

No chance they would do that. Not worth picking up KPJ's contract and going down past the top 3…
Pick up the Gordon Hayward and Cody Martin contracts from them as well. Depends how high they are on Amen or Cam.

Richards/Williams
Washington/Cam
Bridges/Cam
Rozier/KPJ
Ball/Dennis Smith

Not a bad front and you clear up their cap issues for next year.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Didn't they drop Miles?

Maybe I'm off on that.
Guitarsoup
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Didn't they drop Miles?

Maybe I'm off on that.
He didn't play this year, but they hold his rights. He pled guilty, has done community service, gone to counseling, etc. NBA said he has to serve the first ten games next year as a suspension.
Guitarsoup
AG
With Houston preparing to make an aggressive push to sign James Harden this summer, rival NBA executives believe this pick will be used as trade bait as the Rockets look to take a significant step forward next season.

However, there's considered a drop-off in value after the trio of Wembanyama, Henderson, and Miller.

Whether Houston keeps the pick for itself or uses it in trade talks to acquire a proven star, the best available talent is likely Amen or Ausar Thompson.
CFTXAG10
AG
Just praying that the Hornets or Blazers fumble the pick and get weird
HotardRat
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Hornets are always down to engage in some bull****
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Wemby drops to four. LFG.
coastalAg
AG
Good interview with Udoka on the Athletic today.

https://theathletic.com/4529926/2023/05/18/rockets-ime-udoka-jalen-green/

After reading this and the reports yesterday about Harden wanting a 4 year max deal and "basketball freedom" I am out on signing him. Sounds like he wants to go back to being the man and being the focal point of the offense.

This will be a really interesting thing to watch in terms of evaluating the harmony/dysfunction of the front office. I think the Fertita's want Harden back for their own reasons. Will their egos win out over the right basketball moves?
RebAg13
AG
I would take a facilitator Harden on a 3 year deal. Wanting to be the man Harden is not we need. Only priority should be developing young talent.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
RebAg13 said:

I would take a facilitator Harden on a 3 year deal. Wanting to be the man Harden is not we need. Only priority should be developing young talent.
This. I know most of y'all here feel a certain way about him, but the reality is that he's one of the top 3-4 table-setters in the NBA still AND he can still get off his own shot. What we have now and what's available out there in FA isn't better than what Harden will bring. I don't believe the idea that he's bad in a locker room. By all accounts, he's pretty well liked and doesn't really cause drama. Sure he loves Vegas, but last I heard, he literally asked permission to go to Vegas two weeks ago. I'll take it.

The ceiling next season is becoming a play-in team and think he'd get us there. Whatever the **** the last three seasons were was NOT it.
coastalAg
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

RebAg13 said:

This. I know most of y'all here feel a certain way about him, but the reality is that he's one of the top 3-4 table-setters in the NBA still AND he can still get off his own shot. What we have now and what's available out there in FA isn't better than what Harden will bring. I don't believe the idea that he's bad in a locker room. By all accounts, he's pretty well liked and doesn't really cause drama. Sure he loves Vegas, but last I heard, he literally asked permission to go to Vegas two weeks ago. I'll take it.

The ceiling next season is becoming a play-in team and think he'd get us there. Whatever the **** the last three seasons were was NOT it.
Thats the thing. I would take facilitator Harden on three years too. But it sounds like he wants to be high usage Harden on a four year deal at 34 years old. Thats not what we need right now.
GigEmMortis
AG
coastalAg said:

RebAg13 said:

Thats the thing. I would take facilitator Harden on three years too. But it sounds like he wants to be high usage Harden on a four year deal at 34 years old. Thats not what we need right now.
I believe both of y'all are exactly right.

In my opinion, I really think going the route that the Astros took is the way. Commit to the rebuild, stockpile some talent over the course of a handful of years, and start to develop them. We have done that and we have a very talented, but very young, group of guys.

Now is the time to start to surround those young players with some veterans. Guys like Colby Rasmus, Jed Lowrie, Brian McCann... these guys were great guys to bridge the gap and accelerate the rebuild a little bit without completely abandoning the mission of the rebuild.

If James is willing to take on the role of someone who will take the reigns of the offense while also not halting the development of the young guys, then I think it's a no-brainer that we take him back. The pros far outweigh the cons.
coastalAg
AG
Gi said:

If James is willing to take on the role of someone who will take the reigns of the offense while also not halting the development of the young guys
This is the sticking point. Based on the tidbits that have come out after the Sixers season, it sounds like Harden was clashing with Doc and was not necessarily happy playing second fiddle offensively to Embiid.

That makes me think he may not be onboard with coming in and being focused on getting the young guys shots and opportunities.

3 Toed Pete
AG

RebAg13 said:

The problem is Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, and his old buddy Russel Westbrook would all disagree. Harden's inability to mesh with Paul was the real eye opener. Paul is about winning and wants teammates committed to that. And that is NOT James Harden.

I've been a Harden defender over the years but it is time for the franchise to take their chances on a complete rebuild. Not with a player we know is going to clash with the new head coach over commitment to the game.
rausr
AG
More post-draft:

Quote:

A huge sigh of relief was breathed, not only by Wembanyama's camp but the NBA industry as a whole, as many rival executives pointed out that it was extremely important for the health of the league that Wembanyama land in a place where he can reach his full potential. The consensus around the basketball world today is that he found that in San Antonio.

Quote:

There's a lot riding on Wembanyama's success not only from the perspective of his new team, but really the future of the NBA as it pertains to Victor maximizing his abilities and becoming one of the faces of the league. San Antonio's history developing not only star big men, but international talent in general, makes this an obviously strong match.

True or false: The San Antonio Spurs are the best landing spot for Victor Wembanyama
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
3 Toed Pete said:

RebAg13 said:

The problem is Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, and his old buddy Russel Westbrook would all disagree. Harden's inability to mesh with Paul was the real eye opener. Paul is about winning and wants teammates committed to that. And that is NOT James Harden.

I've been a Harden defender over the years but it is time for the franchise to take their chances on a complete rebuild. Not with a player we know is going to clash with the new head coach over commitment to the game.
Question. What have Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, and Russell Westbrook ever won?
HotardRat
AG
Chris Paul has done a metric **** ton of winning for his entire career, tf do you mean?
mAgnoliAg
AG
Guess that shows why they "won" the lottery
coastalAg
AG
First assistant hire that I have seen.

Guitarsoup
AG
HotardRat said:

Chris Paul has done a metric **** ton of winning for his entire career, tf do you mean?
Has he, though? He's played over 15 games in the playoffs once in his entire career. But he does have lots of individual accolades

HotardRat
AG
Guitarsoup said:

HotardRat said:

Has he, though? He's played over 15 games in the playoffs once in his entire career. But he does have lots of individual accolades

The Suns were an aimless team in 2019, then in the Finals in 2020. Because Chris Paul showed up.

Rockets couldn't take that next step required to get to the WCF in the years prior to CP3's arrival.

Guy is a winner. There are a million other much more complicated, nuanced reasons why it hasn't resulted in a title.

I hate this "rings culture" thing so much. It's so asinine.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Quote:

Guy is a winner. There are a million other much more complicated, nuanced reasons why it hasn't resulted in a title.

Respectfully, GTFOHHHHHHHH.
HotardRat
AG
Very logical and measured counterpoint, well done.
Guitarsoup
AG
https://clutchpoints.com/nba-rumors-james-harden-role-sixers-firing-doc-rivers

Harden a driving force in kicking out Doc Rivers.

That's cold to do right before you walk to Houston.
CFTXAG10
AG
How about the Celtics get knocked out by Miami, we find a way to get Jaylen Brown, and Harden goes to Boston
Aggie09Derek
AG
He's gonna sign there again

Decline player option to sign a longer deal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.