************* Houston Rockets 22-23 Season thread *************

94,437 Views | 1176 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Max Power
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Sengun has some interesting pants choices
2023NCAggies
Aggie09Derek said:

Sengun has some interesting pants choices
Jncos?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
dbryanc87 said:

'Bari and Tari are running these fools off the court. Hopefully they make a big jump in year 2. They both look so much more confident and have that swagger which they didn't at all in these games last year.
NGL. That first half from Jabari in the SL opener had me shook. I know he's only 20, but that game felt like a make/break game for the rest of his season.

Tari is going to go down as one of the best picks of that draft. What a steal.
The D
AG
Cam has looked great so far
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Not sure if it's the jersey number or what, but the Jaylen Brown comparisons are starting to make sense.
Iowaggie
AG
canadiaggie
AG
Iowaggie said:

Damn that's easily a playoff team in the NBA right?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Easily. Two 20 guys (I'd argue that SGA is a top 10 guy), RJ as the third scorer, Brooks (meh) and Dort as your defensive anchors, kinda deep bench. They're honestly a better version of the Pacers.
rausr
AG
Time for the Rockets to win another championship!
rausr
AG
rausr said:

Time for the Rockets to win another championship!

Or perhaps we still have some growing to do…
HotardRat
AG
Very glad to be done with summer league ball.

Just so gross.
shady
AG
Cam Whitmore wins summer league MVP.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
HotardRat said:

Very glad to be done with summer league ball.

Just so gross.
Summer league ball is reserved for only a certain subset of basketball junkie degenerates. I know way more about Isaiah Mobley than I ever should. He's basically if Taylor Griffin got drafted to the Clippers.
Johnsy3
AG
https://www.immaculategrid.com/basketball/mens

There's a Rockets row today
Edit: not anymore - I forgot the grid resets at 8C/9ET
HotardRat
AG
Johnsy3 said:

https://www.immaculategrid.com/basketball/mens

There's a Rockets row today
Edit: not anymore - I forgot the grid resets at 8C/9ET

FYI, Jim Jackson is like a cheat code in this game

Also Nazr Mohammad
CFTXAG10
AG

AG@RICE
AG
(NOTE: I realized CFTXAG10 beat me to this post, but I had too much fun typing it out so I thought i'd submit it anyways)

So there is this girl who is super hot and amazing in the sack. She does things in bed you'd never dream were possible, but she clearly has a few screws loose. She is huge drama queen and is addicted to social media.... but again she is amazing in the sack. Your friends don't like her, your family hates her, she is very expensive and she constantly wears shirts that say "Cat Mom"....but again, she is amazing in the sack.

Eventually she gets in a shouting match with your grandma during Thanksgiving because she felt disrespected and you muster up enough self-respect to finally dump her. You know it was the right move, but you still check her instagram regularly and in your thirstier moments have even contemplated a booty call.

Then one day you browse social media and realize you dodged a huge bullet:

Texaggie7nine
The fact that he is saying that in China means he's trying to grow his brand there where they banned and hate Morey for speaking for Hong Kong. Pretty sleezy.
7nine
Guitarsoup
AG
Probably working for a job next year when his contract is up.
Unemployed
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Love his time with the Rockets but fk him. Forced his way out of every team he has been on and then expect loyalty from other people.
Guitarsoup
AG

If anyone is the model of logic and reason, it is Kyrie.
AG@RICE
AG
So Harden is now saying he would like to play in China....says he loves it there....lol.

Please Please Please make this happen! I can't wait for him to come running back in 4 months after they stop the red carpet treatment and he realizes that its not nearly as nice as it seems. I hope he recognizes strip clubs are illegal in China....

He has made over 300 million dollars as an NBA player and he is throwing a tantrum because he can't get another 30. He was never the smartest or most self-aware human being to begin with, but he has really fallen off the deep end in the last month.
Texas A&M
Harden is such a cancer....

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Was this after the year we lost 4-1 to the Warriors in the WCF because McHale was playing a 37-year-old Jason Terry 35 minutes a game? That post season?
CFTXAG10
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Was this after the year we lost 4-1 to the Warriors in the WCF because McHale was playing a 37-year-old Jason Terry 35 minutes a game? That post season?

Did you want more Pablo Prigoni? More Corey Brewer (.341/.000/.700 shooting in the series)?

McHale didn't make Harden shoot 2-11 in game five.

It didn't matter what McHale did, that team could never beat that Warriors team.
Dan Scott
AG
The rockets had that awesome comeback in Game 6 at LAC in the 4th with Harden on the bench.

Cory mother effing brewer,
Ryan34
AG
Both Garuba and Ty Ty Washington have been cut by OKC. I guess dumping them wasn't such a poor use of assets after all.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ryan34 said:

Both Garuba and Ty Ty Washington have been cut by OKC. I guess dumping them wasn't such a poor use of assets after all.

And they still have 3 too many players after cutting both of them and a Rudy Gay
The D
AG
Nm
AG@RICE
AG
Ryan34 said:

I'm guilty here. I actually thought they were worth something....guess not.

My guess is that Garuba probably ends up in Spain. Not sure about Ty Ty. Maybe he can get a gig playing for the G league.
AG@RICE
AG
Dillon Brooks was the best player on the floor in the Canada vs USA bronze medal match.

39 pts, 5 assists (1 TO), 4 rebounds, 1 stl, 2 blocks, 12/18 overall and 7/8 from 3pt....

If you only watched that game, you might think he was a steal for 20 million per year.
shano0603
AG
KPJ arrested?
Iowaggie
AG
shano0603 said:

KPJ arrested?

We're told police responded to a call of a dispute around 6:45 AM ... and at the scene, cops observed a laceration on the right side of the 26-year-old woman's face.

The woman -- who also complained of neck pain -- claimed KPJ struck her multiple times throughout her body during the physical altercation. EMS responded to the scene ... and the girlfriend was taken to a nearby hospital for evaluation.

Porter is currently behind bars in New York on assault and strangulation charges.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Just read that Kysre is John Lucas' goddaughter. Probably the last we'll see of him on this team.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.