Spurs Offseason Thread

47,176 Views | 503 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggieactor01
FOUR THIN INCHES
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How do we get Steven Adams?
West Texan
AG
quote:
He played about 40 trash minutes in the entire playoffs. We didn't see all that much and he was a rookie. We'll see how he progresses in year two. He was at least as effective as David West in the playoffs.

I have real concerns about Boban's mobility and defending the pick and roll to be able to stay on the floor. Once again, I love Boban but I'm skeptical about him being able to develop into a guy that can stay on the floor in big games.
West Texan
AG
quote:
There are reports that The Spurs are trying to move up in the draft, as high as the 12th pick. Interesting. Maybe another Kawhi-type deal is in the works.

I'm curious who they think is available at that range that they'd be willing to trade up for. Surely it's a primary ball handler or a big. Also, what would we give up to move up that high? Danny Green seems like he'd possibly be involved in some kind of deal, if that were to happen.
superunknown
AG
Manu opted out of his contract according to Woj's "The Vertical".
BlackGold
AG
Saw that. Wonder why.
Enzo The Baker
AG
A source told ESPN said he's expected to sign a new deal for another year.
dave99ag
AG
Probably a cap-space deal. I thought he was on one-year deals already, but maybe not.

At least we'll get Manu one more year.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Manu!!!!
West Texan
AG
Sitting here wondering who the Spurs could possibly move up to take, I wonder if they have any interest in Denzel Valentine? His skill set is incredible having played PG in college; he can handle the ball, pass, shoot, and can run the offense, at 6'6" he's a pretty good rebounder as well. However, his lack of athleticism will really hold him back, especially on defense. I think he's got the skills to play the Manu role of running the second unit, but he might not have he quickness to really be effective in the NBA.
Guitarsoup
AG
I could Photoshop pics of Ben Simmons smoking pot with a gas mask and release them on draft day.
West Texan
AG
quote:
I could Photoshop pics of Ben Simmons smoking pot with a gas mask and release them on draft day.

Guitarsoup
AG
Minnesota looking to off load Ricky Rubio.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
What would the Spurs have to give up to make that happen? Danny green, someone else and their 1st? Or is that still not enough?
Guitarsoup
AG
I don't think Rubio has that much value. Poor shooter/scorer.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
What would the Spurs have to give up to make that happen? Danny green, someone else and their 1st? Or is that still not enough?

I don't think anyone really thinks Danny green is a valuable asset in a trade with that contract and how he played some of the time
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't think anyone really thinks Danny green is a valuable asset in a trade with that contract and how he played some of the time

Green's contact is not that bad for an elite defender and shooter. He's only valuable in the right position. Not a guy you rebuild around, but a guy you use to be a finishing piece for a title contender.
West Texan
AG
Spurs pick Dejounts Murray. Back on page 1 I thought he might be a guy we'd be interested in, and he fits the creator role that we're going to need to fill for the second unit. He'll get to learn under Parker and Ginobili and hopefully develop into a solid player.
Tursiops93
AG
When Chip Engelland gets done with Murray, he will end up an all star. Steal of the draft I think.
Guitarsoup
AG
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dejounte-Murray-7309/
West Texan
AG
quote:
When Chip Engelland gets done with Murray, he will end up an all star. Steal of the draft I think.

He wasn't a good shooter in college, but neither was Kawhi. So Chip must think his shot is fixable, which gives me a lot of hope. Idk if he'll be an all star, he still has a ton to learn about the game, but he has a lot more upside than most players that are available at that spot. He's crafty and can get into the lane, which certainly bodes well for him.

He'll spend most of next year in Austin unless he just exceeds expectations.
Guitarsoup
AG

quote:

Analysis:
The Spurs got the steal of the draft. Murray was ranked No. 9 on my final Big Board. He is a superquick, 6-foot-5 point guard with a 6-foot-11 wingspan. He's one of the best shot creators off the bounce in the draft. He plays really hard and is an elite rebounder. He isn't a great shooter, and he needs to get stronger. But he has All-Star upside, and the Spurs are the perfect team to get it out of him. Remember, Tony Parker went late in the first round too.

Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan
AG
Spurs have signed Livio Jean-Charles, our draft and stash from 2013. He was playing for Tony Parker's ASVEL team in France.
Tursiops93
AG
Signed Villanova guard Ryan Arcidiacono.http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/06/24/ryan-arcidiacono-spurs/
Ulrich
I feel like everyone writes up their spurs draft review before the draft even starts, then just pastes the guy's name in once the pick is in.
agenjake
Might see Davis Bertans, too.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
I feel like everyone writes up their spurs draft review before the draft even starts, then just pastes the guy's name in once the pick is in.
Look back at the draft history since Pop took over and James Anderson was the only bad 1st rounder the Spurs drafted for themselves. Mahinmi took a long time to develop and they knew he was a project, but he is a pretty competent player.
Enzo The Baker
AG
quote:
The Golden State Warriors, San Antonio Spurs and incumbent Oklahoma City Thunder are the first three known teams to secure face-to-face meetings with free agent-to-be Kevin Durant, starting next weekend, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN that the list of teams that get to pitch Durant directly will grow before NBA free agency officially commences July 1 at 12:01 a.m. ET, but the list of confirmed suitors for now features the Thunder and their two main rivals in the Western Conference.

The Warriors and Spurs, sources say, are both already planning to load a plane full of key organizational figures -- including Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson for Golden State, and Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan or San Antonio -- to fly to an undisclosed location once free-agency season starts to try to lure Durant away from the only franchise he has ever played for.

Does this mean that Tim will sign on for one more year?
West Texan
AG
I have zero confidence that we'll sign KD, but I think Timmy will play another year.
BlackGold
AG
We need a big that can pass and crash the boards. Doesn't need to be the best at playing offense.
Cappo
AG
Here's to hoping Murray is a beast
Sher Thing
AG
Love the Murray pick in the long run. He's a couple years away from really being able to contribute but I think he will be an awesome PG to have next to Leonard long term.
Guitarsoup
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.