2014-15 5(x) Champion San Antonio Spurs - Title Defense Thread.

352,753 Views | 4050 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by rms007
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili
quote:
That's at least twice this year that he has fired a corner three in the flow of the offense and nailed it without even touching the rim like it's no big deal.

The guy is old, but make no mistake, his a world class athlete. You don't spend your life swimming, pick up a basketball as a teen, and morph into a top 7 all-time NBA player by luck or accident.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yup. Thank God for Hurricane Hugo. He da real MVP.
jteagle
AG
I think that is why I love Duncan so much. If you just look at him in street clothes or even running down the court he really doesn't look like much. He is not an impressive, imposing physical specimen but he obviously bring is at a high level every night. He is very special and I am glad he plays for the good guys.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What are you talking about? Timmy is as fresh as they come.

jteagle
AG
quote:

tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:

Good ol' Timothy Theodore
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

Never change Timmy, never change. What a boss.
MGS
quote:

Wish there was a better picture of his sleeve so we could see which scout troop he was in.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
People under sell Home Court Advantage on veteran teams, but that was a huge part of our title last year. Obviously health is more important, but we go as out three ball goes and we shoot it better at home. This confidence factor is especially true for players like Mills and Diaw that have had up and down years.

I wouldn't change Pops strategy on resting players and managing minutes, but I wouldn't shut this team down early either if you can gain a spot or two in the standings. The Knicks, Mavs and Cavs game really hurt us. We should be closing on the 2 seed right now.
It is important, but we won at least 1 game on the road in every series last year:

Dallas: went 1-2. Lost one of the games on a spinning, fade-away buzzer-beater 3 by VInce Carter (he misses that damn shot 19x out of 20) and lost the other by 2 points.

Portland: went 1-1. The W was a blowout and you got the feeling that we could have won game 4 if we'd cared, but we were happy to go win game 5 back in SA.

OKC: went 1-2. The only series where homecourt actually seemed to make a difference (Westbrook seems to get 20+ FTAs/game at home). We lost the 2 games by 9 and 13.

Miami: went 2-0 and outscored Miami by an average margin of 274.

I mean I'd rather have homecourt than not, but this is a damn tough team that can win on the road.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Too many Pops!
Ganondorf
AG
That was possibly over of the dumbest things I've seen. Maybe it's full of 48 moh references or something but I didn't get the point. Also, that music is so terrible. Like really really terrible.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Have you seen Too Many Cooks?

Also, lighten the hell up.
Ganondorf
AG
I've not seen too many cooks and after that theme song I'll likely continue not seeing it. I just wanted to post my opinion so others can choose to not waste 5 minutes.
Ganondorf
AG
This is shaping up to be a close game. We're passing well but not defending as well.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
I've not seen too many cooks and after that theme song I'll likely continue not seeing it. I just wanted to post my opinion so others can choose to not waste 5 minutes.
Jesus man. You catch your wife cheating today?

In your defense The Too Many Pops video would make no sense + be really stupid if you haven't seen Too Many Cooks, which was a really weird fake show that Adult Swim did.
Deputy Travis Junior
Richard Jefferson still draws boos in the AT&T Center. He might be the most hated former player in Spurs history. What did he do to piss everyone off? I mean I know he sucked, but lots of players have sucked.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
Richard Jefferson still draws boos in the AT&T Center. He might be the most hated former player in Spurs history. What did he do to piss everyone off? I mean I know he sucked, but lots of players have sucked.

Jefferson had so much hype because of his scoring before he got to the Spurs. He then commenced with being the worst Spur during his stay.

Plus his contract was terrible.
Ganondorf
AG
Probably reads as harsher than intended but it was really dumb and I've watched done dumb stuff before.
Knife_Party
Wtf Tony. The offense has looked like **** since he came back this quarter. There is no ball movement and he just dribbles it around and turns it over.
Ganondorf
AG
Good thing we built up that lead because they keep chipping at it. Need to keep working and play defense.
Ganondorf
AG
And Pop gets a tech

Ball don't lie. Dirk missed the FT.
Knife_Party
That was a horrible call. Rondo slid his feet over and was definitely not set. Bad decision by Manu to pass it there too. He had an open look from 3. Needs to take it. Overall ****ty last 4-5 minutes in the second quarter.
Ganondorf
AG
21 point lead down to 10.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sounds familiar.
PatAg
AG
Think the only reason rondo got that call was because he lowered his shoulder....and that white ref with the side part has been making awful callz/nocalls all night.
PatAg
AG
Can we just give you Jefferson and felton. No money or players
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Ganondorf
AG
quote:

Lol, no. Hell no. Jefferson is your problem now.
TheDino
AG
Jesus these have been terrible charge calls on Kawhi. Especially that last one with Harris. Give me a break.
TheDino
AG
On the other hand we finally showed some urgency against Dallas to get the big lead back.
Ganondorf
AG
Good job in the 4th.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
Probably reads as harsher than intended but it was really dumb and I've watched done dumb stuff before.
Yea it's a parody of something that was really, really weird. So weird that unless you've seen the it, the parody would definitely come across as stupid.
BlackGold
AG
Who do we want to play in the first round?
Ganondorf
AG
Not GS. Portland or Clips we win. I think we could take Memphis as well since they are playing poorly lately.
First Page Last Page
Page 72 of 116

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.