2014-15 5(x) Champion San Antonio Spurs - Title Defense Thread.

353,298 Views | 4050 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rms007
BlackGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Not GS. Portland or Clips we win. I think we could take Memphis as well since they are playing poorly lately.

That was my hopes too. I want Portland in the first round.
Natasha Romanoff
Boris is playing better. Tiago seems like he's back.

Now just get Diaw more consistent, and get Patty back to even 75% of how he was in the playoffs, and we are in business.
aggie_2001_2005
LAC, or MEM are my preferences. Drawing Portland is probably not attainable
Natasha Romanoff
I don't want GSW. I don't want Dallas since they seem to give us a ton of trouble. I would rather not play Houston either, though not sure if I want them less than the other two with Howard out. Is he coming back for the playoffs?

The rest I wouldn't mind seeing in the first round in a 7 game series.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We can beat anyone the West, though Warriors would be a hell of a tough series.
aggie_2001_2005
Howard might get 7-8 games in before the playoffs if they're lucky. Houston doesn't scare me. Just would rather draw them in 2nd round
Houston Summit
AG
Was at the Spurs Mavs game tonight with family and friends. It was my first time at AT&T. Very very nice arena. Awesome environment too. I was highly impressed

Oh, and I pray that we can take the 2nd seed so we don't have to see y'all until round 2. Give me Dallas
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
I don't want GSW. I don't want Dallas since they seem to give us a ton of trouble. I would rather not play Houston either, though not sure if I want them less than the other two with Howard out. Is he coming back for the playoffs?

The rest I wouldn't mind seeing in the first round in a 7 game series.

Howard played tonight and last game against New Orleans. He looked really good tonight, but it was against Minny, so take it for what it's worth. But Dwight should have more than enough games to shake the rust and be ready to go come playoff time
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Was at the Spurs Mavs game tonight with family and friends. It was my first time at AT&T. Very very nice arena. Awesome environment too. I was highly impressed

Glad you enjoyed it, HS! Always have said AT&T Center was one of the more underrated venues in the Association, but it's hard for people not to perceive bias from me when I do. Hope to get down there again for a game soon.

Good luck to your Rox in the postseason.
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
quote:

Glad you enjoyed it, HS! Always have said AT&T Center was one of the more underrated venues in the Association, but it's hard for people not to perceive bias from me when I do. Hope to get down there again for a game soon.

Good luck to your Rox in the postseason.

Right back atcha Tbird!
jteagle
AG
Cuban whining about no-calls on Ellis.

Cuban whining
Natasha Romanoff
There were a lot of no calls and weird calls on both teams last night.
aggieactor01
AG
Got to go to the game and heard them talking about that on the radio on the drive home.

There were several pretty bad calls/non calls both directions I thought watching in person. I felt like the officiating was inconsistent to say the least.

But to have a Twitter conniption over it is pretty lame.

I sat about 2 rows behind Cuban and over a little from him. He was yelling at the refs the entire game. He was always trying to get their attention during time outs and whenever they ventured into that corner during play. Was kind of ridiculous.

I'm a Spurs fan though so maybe I'm biased against his antics.
jteagle
AG
quote:
Got to go to the game and heard them talking about that on the radio on the drive home.

There were several pretty bad calls/non calls both directions I thought watching in person. I felt like the officiating was inconsistent to say the least.

But to have a Twitter conniption over it is pretty lame.

I sat about 2 rows behind Cuban and over a little from him. He was yelling at the refs the entire game. He was always trying to get their attention during time outs and whenever they ventured into that corner during play. Was kind of ridiculous.

I'm a Spurs fan though so maybe I'm biased against his antics.
I can understand his support for his team and even respect that but at some point I think if he acted more like an owner he would get more respect from the league. He has one championship so I will give him that but it is another reason I am glad to be a Spurs fan.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Butthurt Cuban is best Cuban.
Ulrich
I feel like we've gone most of the season hardly mentioning the refs, but they were really bad in two of the last four games. They were equally bad in both directions against the Hawks, and it seemed like the Mavs got a lot of fortunate calls in San Antonio.
Ganondorf
AG
Aside from a couple times I don't think I've complained either. That's different from last year.
BlackGold
AG
Big game tonight.
Sher Thing
AG
Should be a tough one tonight. Memphis has been embarrassed in b2b games and houston just tied them up for the 2 seed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We got this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just read that we've beat every team in the league this season. Wouldn't have thought that at all.

Warriors are the only other team in the league to have done so.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That Kawhi pass to Timmy.

Great start, up double digits. Hopefully we can keep this going through the half.
Deputy Travis Junior
WTF happened to Memphis? They have just tanked over the last few weeks.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Tony killing the momentum. Miss, miss, miss, turnover.
BlackGold
AG
This game on tv?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Tony killing the momentum. Miss, miss, miss, turnover.
Yeah Tony needs to calm down
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.rojadirecta.me/goto/rivosportt.info/ch3.html
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow! Manu with the vintage Manu pass.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow! Manu with the vintage Manu pass.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
These refs suck that was a **** charge call on tony, missed mills getting am elbow or forearm arm to the face, and then called danny for a foul after Connley tripped.
BlackGold
AG
quote:
These refs suck that was a **** charge call on tony, missed mills getting am elbow or forearm arm to the face, and then called danny for a foul after Connley tripped.
Didnt see it, but the charge/block call in the NBA has diminished my value for the game.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
I really hope Patty regains last years form for the playoffs. He has looked awful.
BlackGold
AG
quote:
http://www.rojadirecta.me/goto/rivosportt.info/ch3.html
Thanks, btw!
BlackGold
AG
Tiago is 74% from the line? I remember when he was like 20% not too long ago!
tbirdspur2010
AG
Great ball movement: Parker to Duncan to Splitter
First Page Last Page
Page 73 of 116

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.