Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

5 For Yell Video

24,326 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sully
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
*Fortunately
DSAG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

THIS is what we want people to picture when they think about Texas A&M? For the sake of tradition?

End this silly tradition. The focus on the yell boys and the corps block has done nothing positive for our university.
I agree with getting rid of the male cheerleaders.
We have some great traditions but this is not one of them and leaves us open to ridicule.
FILO505
AG
Y'all DO realize that, if we go the way of the cheerleader, we'll have ACTUAL male cheerleaders, right? In today's world of inclusion, the Song Girls would be immediately shot down.
rangerdanger
AG
Any bike thieves this year?
hsjnlssmith89
AG
That is such a tired, old and ridiculous argument in today's time. "Recruits will think that A&M is only made up of the Corps". Rediculous and childish. A&M is now the largest school in Texas and it has been a LONG time since anyone thought that we were only Corps! The Corps is the backbone of ALL traditions at A&M and they are the keepers of the flames for those traditions. You want a school without the Corps then you might as well go to any other school out there.

If you don't like the 5 for yell (and I don't like it) then criticize that aspect and work to change that. Don't attack the whole Corps because pretty soon you'll get what you want, UT - College Station.
champagnepapi
Don't get rid of the yell leaders.

As for the we need cheerleaders comment, doesn't the dance team stay on the sidelines now?
hillcountryag86
AG
hsjnlssmith89 said:

That is such a tired, old and ridiculous argument in today's time. "Recruits will think that A&M is only made up of the Corps". Rediculous and childish. A&M is now the largest school in Texas and it has been a LONG time since anyone thought that we were only Corps! The Corps is the backbone of ALL traditions at A&M and they are the keepers of the flames for those traditions. You want a school without the Corps then you might as well go to any other school out there.

If you don't like the 5 for yell (and I don't like it) then criticize that aspect and work to change that. Don't attack the whole Corps because pretty soon you'll get what you want, UT - College Station.

Nobody said get rid of the Corps, you fool. But television only shows CT's, which leads everyone to think that's all A&M is and it isn't, thank God!

You want respect for your "keepers of the flames of traditions (whatever the hell that means), tell your yell boys to quit making stupid videos.
champagnepapi
Every chick will vote 5 for yell after seeing that video
hillcountryag86
AG
champagnepapi said:

Every chick will vote 5 for yell after seeing that video

Interesting
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

hsjnlssmith89 said:

Nobody said get rid of the Corps, you fool. But television only shows CT's, which leads everyone to think that's all A&M is and it isn't, thank God!

You want respect for your "keepers of the flames of traditions (whatever the hell that means), tell your yell boys to quit making stupid videos.

If everyone thinks that, then why are there not 50,000 people in the corps?
AnalogyAg
as an older fart, that video wasnt so bad- but for the gay dancing w each other.
peace
S
They should go nicely with the DJ now in Kyle. Oh my goodness, I was embarrassed for them while watching.
aeon-ag
Texas_Aggie_12 said:

I'm so glad we have these guys and not a group of cheerleaders. Amirite??

What the hell is this??!!
For once I'd rather have cheerleaders instead of these fairies!!!
aeon-ag
hillcountryag86 said:

JodyMcD96 said:

ironmanag said:

aggieloko said:

But no to this

Go to UCLA then. If you jack holes hate our traditions so much you literally have thousands of other options.

This.

I seriously doubt any of you didn't know what A&M was when you applied. If you didn't, maybe you can set up a GoFundMe to get your tuition back or sue for deceptive business practices.

Send back your ring and diploma, burn your shirts and become a Walmart t-shirt fan of another school so you can spare yourself the embarrassment of being an Aggie.

I knew when Vision 2020 was floated that it was going to be the death of the school and it appears that I was right. Brilliant idea guys, "Hey, what can we do to be like every other school out there? Yeah, let's do that!"

Since 2020 has already killed the school, can we please get cheerleaders?
UCLA, our traditions??!! This fairy video is NOT tradition!!!!! Go ahead and get your prissy cheerleaders,
The only difference in cheerleaders and those things we have now is what's hanging between their legs. Prissy cheerleaders and fairy yell leaders, no difference.
jmfshr
AG
It's time to make some changes.. The Yell Leaders, and traditional yells, work well for football games.. but, basketball games need a totally different atmosphere.. Whether it's electing "Cheerleaders", or just letting the girls on the Dance Team lead cheers and chants, something needs to be done. Most of the Dance Team members were probably High School Cheerleaders, so they would know what to do.. It seems as if all the Yell Leaders do at basketball games is yell "Aaaaaaayyyyy".. And, that is not always done at the most strategic times.. When it's done, constantly, it just becomes background noise and is not disruptive. I think a lot can be done to improve the atmosphere at basketball games..
Aston04
AG
YLeaders for basketball, at least since we moved to Reed, have not been good. Just as they would be horrible at baseball games.

But they are not letting go of that power.

My hope is we at least get some cheerleaders on the sideline for football. The Yell Leaders can keep doing what they do too.
TripleSec
AG
My 9 year old son just said..."So they're supposed to be military leaders but they [gay hand flick motion] just throw water on each other? I might not want to go there anymore."

EOT.
champagnepapi
How does your son know how to do gay hand flicking motions?

Like father like son!

TripleSec
AG
champagnepapi said:

How does your son know how to do gay hand flicking motions?

Like father like son!

Might be a challenge for you but he can mimic what he saw on a video.
aggie_fan13
AG
gold
TrustinAgs
When is voting? Heard these guys were favored to win.
hillcountryag86
AG
Too bad
aeon-ag
Are these gay sips who have dressed as CT's and some *ag yell boys????!!!! This is pathetic!!!
aeon-ag
TrustinAgs said:

When is voting? Heard these guys were favored to win.
Favored to win??!! I can't wait to see them turn cart wheels and hold each other up by their butt!!! What has happened to Texas A&M??!!
CorpsAg11
AG
02skiag said:

This thread is full of a bunch of folks insecure about their own selves.

Exactly. I was expecting that video to be way worse, based on the comments.

I often feel like some corps guy stole y'alls girlfriend and you haven't gotten over it 20 yrs later. Obsession...
Ronnie Mund
CorpsAg11 said:

02skiag said:

This thread is full of a bunch of folks insecure about their own selves.

Exactly. I was expecting that video to be way worse, based on the comments.

I often feel like some corps guy stole y'alls girlfriend and you haven't gotten over it 20 yrs later. Obsession...

Serious question.

Do they teach y'all the "stole your girlfriend" line in the core? It's literally on every thread poking fun of the goofy core.
kbarj
AG
You can tell it's the off-season. Guys making videos that other guys think are lame...but the girls like them. Yell Leaders vs Cheerleaders shouting matches (because nobody intends to ever agree or compromise). Old Army thinks New Army sucks (since they are spineless, effeminate whiners). New Army thinks Old Army is just grumpy because they aren't getting any.

Can't wait for the season to start.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Haha
Sbisa Chef
The planning it took them to coordinate all that for video, plus editing and post, maybe took them 2 weeks.

Give them credit - they will probably win. Because as much as people are ****ting on this video, its getting decent exposure, and that's what people remember when they vote.

Good or bad.

I feel the video was positive, therefore, if I had votes, I would vote for them.

Unless 12th Man Jesus was running, then I'd probably vote for him. But he's not.
chipotle
double fault
Sbisa Chef said:

Unless 12th Man Jesus was running, then I'd probably vote for him. But he's not.

Oh man. 12th man Jesus would have a massive victory margin if he got in there.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
There are only like 5000 people that vote for yell leader, tops. Any exposure makes you more viable.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Exposure? They win automatically because loudass girls think voting for them is "tradition."
champagnepapi
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Exposure? They win automatically because loudass girls think voting for them is "tradition."
TrustinAgs
Forget the dream of female cheerleaders. Grid Girls are gone, soon all ladies. We are ahead of the curve with males doing the cheers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.