Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

5 For Yell Video

24,333 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sully
hillcountryag86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JodyMcD96 said:

ironmanag said:

aggieloko said:

But no to this

Go to UCLA then. If you jack holes hate our traditions so much you literally have thousands of other options.

This.

I seriously doubt any of you didn't know what A&M was when you applied. If you didn't, maybe you can set up a GoFundMe to get your tuition back or sue for deceptive business practices.

Send back your ring and diploma, burn your shirts and become a Walmart t-shirt fan of another school so you can spare yourself the embarrassment of being an Aggie.

I knew when Vision 2020 was floated that it was going to be the death of the school and it appears that I was right. Brilliant idea guys, "Hey, what can we do to be like every other school out there? Yeah, let's do that!"

Since 2020 has already killed the school, can we please get cheerleaders?
aggie_fan13
AG
You'd rather have these tools making cringe worthy videos than actual female cheerleaders. SAD!
some men you just cant reach ...
FILO505
AG
This is really bad. Epic levels. I get the premise, but oof. The videos have taken a pretty steep dive over the last few years.

That being said, announcing the candidates isn't considered campaigning and the regulations on social media are pretty loose. Good luck on nailing them for it.
aggies1960
This has to be fake, right? Nobody would make a video like that, right?
sawemoff2010
AG
I will admit, I think it was a clever idea in theory, reproducing the Friends intro; however, someone durin the filming or during post production should have thrown up the red flag and shared that this just isn't going to work....
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
JodyMcD96 said:

ironmanag said:

aggieloko said:

But no to this

Go to UCLA then. If you jack holes hate our traditions so much you literally have thousands of other options.

This.

I seriously doubt any of you didn't know what A&M was when you applied. If you didn't, maybe you can set up a GoFundMe to get your tuition back or sue for deceptive business practices.

Send back your ring and diploma, burn your shirts and become a Walmart t-shirt fan of another school so you can spare yourself the embarrassment of being an Aggie.

I knew when Vision 2020 was floated that it was going to be the death of the school and it appears that I was right. Brilliant idea guys, "Hey, what can we do to be like every other school out there? Yeah, let's do that!"
"Knowing what A&M is about when I applied" means I can't criticize things? A&M is not about one group repeatedly being responsible for videos that embarrass the university, nor is it true that the absence of something = tradition.

We don't have a tradition of NOT having cheerleaders. We just haven't had cheerleaders yet. Now is the time.
ILuvAgLand
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

JodyMcD96 said:

ironmanag said:

aggieloko said:

But no to this

This.

"Knowing what A&M is about when I applied" means I can't criticize things? A&M is not about one group repeatedly being responsible for videos that embarrass the university, nor is it true that the absence of something = tradition.

We don't have a tradition of NOT having cheerleaders. We just haven't had cheerleaders yet. Now is the time.

Show some respect to those who made this a great institution.

New army is going to ruin this place. The Corp can do what they want as well
champagnepapi
5 for yell will win because every female on campus loves it and is a huge hit with them. If you look at all the comments, people that don't even attend the university say they would vote for them.
champagnepapi
Old Army going to Old Army
aggie_fan13
AG
There ain't nothing old army about that video
WES2006AG
AG
This thread is turning in to losers trying to out-Aggie each other.
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
WES2006AG said:

This thread is turning in to losers trying to out-Aggie each other.

The video appeared to be ***s trying to out *** one another
McInnis80
With family friendly yell practices and dragging the yell leaders to tailgates and other Former Student events, these guys are more ambassadors than game leaders. I would not be surprised if a lot of the Corps white belts voted against these guys out of spite.
Big Slice
AG
Old army simply being old army. Times have changed fellas, move on
gig em 02
CJS4715 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

It's not the Corps as a whole, it's just 2-3 frat-like units within the Corps.

Which outfits have frat tendencies?

The army unit, the navy unit, and the Air Force unit.
TxAg2009WC
AG
aeon-ag
PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
Rebel Yell
AG
TxAg2012WC said:

JodyMcD96 said:

ironmanag said:

aggieloko said:

But no to this

This.

Seriously, so many sexually insecure blue hairs in this thread. Its cheesy and not fantastic? Who the **** cares? Currently getting another degree at SMU and don't know why the generic model is something y'all are so fervent to copy.
Good Lord. Talk about reductio ad absurdum.

Our Yell Leaders made a video of themselves prancing in a fountain and flirting with each other. And if we don't like it we should trade in our diplomas?

Yell Leaders are a throwback to our military heritage. And it is a tradition I love, but over the years I have watched them morph from badass Yell Leaders to just male cheerleaders. And just having male cheerleaders is stupid.
Cancelled
AG
I thought it was pretty funny.

I don't see how this 5 for yell block is going to help though. Most people don't know all the guys running, they might know 1 or 2 of them that are their friends and then just vote randomnly on the ballot. If there was a collective box where you could vote 5 for tell, this wold work.

And, I like the fact that we have yell leaders rather than cheerleaders. It makes us different. Some of y'all are so dead set on becoming just another SEC school it drives you nuts. But once the camel gets his nose under the tent, you can kiss all the other traditions good bye too.
hillcountryag86
AG
Rebel Yell said:

And it is a tradition I love, but over the years I have watched them morph from badass Yell Leaders to just male cheerleaders. And just having male cheerleaders is stupid.

champagnepapi
queso1 said:

I thought it was pretty funny.

I don't see how this 5 for yell block is going to help though. Most people don't know all the guys running, they might know 1 or 2 of them that are their friends and then just vote randomnly on the ballot. If there was a collective box where you could vote 5 for tell, this wold work.

And, I like the fact that we have yell leaders rather than cheerleaders. It makes us different. Some of y'all are so dead set on becoming just another SEC school it drives you nuts. But once the camel gets his nose under the tent, you can kiss all the other traditions good bye too.
JodyMcD96
AG
Okay serious question, and for the moment disregarding the yell leader video, what does having cheerleaders do for Texas A&M?

Specifically, if we add cheerleaders, what changes for the better?
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
JodyMcD96 said:

Okay serious question, and for the moment disregarding the yell leader video, what does having cheerleaders do for Texas A&M?

Specifically, if we add cheerleaders, what changes for the better?

For starters, the perception that many viewers/recruits have that all of our students are in the corps. You watch a TV broadcast and every crowd shot is the corps. That isn't an honest reflection of our student body and that isn't what recruits are interested in. Give the cameras something else to show.

What negatives could there possibly be for adding cheerleaders? I can't think of one. But they could go a long way in discrediting the negative recruiting that a lot of schools use when discussing our school culture.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Very unfortunate.
TrustinAgs
Anyone up for getting Grid Girls?
aggie_fan13
AG
its a damn shame F1 got rid of them, thanks alot feminists
The Debt
I never understood the hate for nonreg yell leaders.

The ring on a CTs finger is no more shiny than a nonregs. They didn't earn it any more. In fact, most CTs have reduced tuition which means they didn't financially contribute to the university as nonregs did.

My ring dunk was 23 secs...I doubt 95% the crewcut crew could say that. Me and my crew attended more aggie games than even the yell leaders themselves. We were even kicked out of games for heckling too hard.

What this university needs is more hate. Not a buncha kansas city fggots.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

But once the camel gets his nose under the tent, you can kiss all the other traditions good bye too.
The camel moved inside the tent a long time ago.

Even the "Singing Cadets" have been mostly nonreg for years.

Yet, for some reason, when the TV cameras are on, we want to pretend for the rest of the country that the non-football player students are military cadets from the 1950's with 1990's dance moves.
champagnepapi
The Debt said:

The ring on a CTs finger is no more shiny than a nonregs. They didn't earn it any more. In fact, most CTs have reduced tuition which means they didn't financially contribute to the university as nonregs did.

My ring dunk was 23 secs...I doubt 95% the crewcut crew could say that. Me and my crew attended more aggie games than even the yell leaders themselves. We were even kicked out of games for heckling too hard.

RadAg14
AG
Tears
crunchyo
hillcountryag86
AG
The Debt said:

Never heard members of of the Corps have any more reduced tuition than any student.

What does a 23 second ring dunk prove?

What does getting kicked out of games prove?

No Ag Tag. Fake.
TrustinAgs
When does the voting take place?
Snazzygrandma2018
aggie_fan13
AG
dont worry about it, they will win regardless like they always do. unfortunately

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.