Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

5 For Yell Video

24,222 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sully
aggie77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm old and have never been in favor of cheerleaders. However, this may force me to change my mind. I may have to try to register for classes just so I can vote against these guys.
Liquid Wrench
azulAg said:

Texags ftw. Report them so they automatically get DQ'd
Why do you think those rules are in place?
redd38
AG
Last year's SBP got disqualified for using highlighters they didn't put in their expense sheet. I feel like there's enough here for these guys to get disqualified.

#MakeYellLeadersNonRegAgainForTheFirstTime

(Ok, the hashtag needs work)
aggie_fan13
AG
Idk you tell me ?
Rongagin71
AG
Yeah, I could only watch about 10 seconds of that crap...hope it was not the yell leader's idea to do that that so happy they are gay prance.

Next year maybe they will do something that gives good advice, like this from Gilbert & Sullivan:
AgPediRPh
AG
Holy crap, George Carlin could make a 5 minute routine with those names alone. And that's before watching the homo Friends dancing
Liquid Wrench
azulAg said:

Idk you tell me ?
Well, it's been a very long time since I was a student and dragged into campus elections, but I've always believed that the restriction on the period for campaigning was intended to favor the insider slate candidates (for SGA too) and make it more difficult for independent candidates to build name ID to run without a bloc. Same for the selective enforcement of spending limits.
Rebel Yell
AG
Yell Leaders stopped being cool the moment that Midnight Yell became family friendly. And a new type of ambassador of the university emerged . . . the kind that plays in a fountain with his friends.

I have always liked Yell Leaders, but this new breed is hard to defend. Bring on cheerleaders playing in the fountain!
PooDoo
AG
Was going for...

But ended up...
aggieloko
AG
But no to this
Propane & Accessories
AG
Well it happened A&M finally has cheerleaders
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
Dave Robicheaux
AG
redd38 said:

Last year's SBP got disqualified for using highlighters they didn't put in their expense sheet. I feel like there's enough here for these guys to get disqualified.

#MakeYellLeadersNonRegAgainForTheFirstTime

(Ok, the hashtag needs work)

Dude, it's doesnt matter if it's non reg or cadet, yell leader elections were and always will be gayest thing on campus.
ABATTBQ11
AG
zafzo said:

Texas_Aggie_12 said:

TrustinAgs said:

To those that don't get us, it can seem a bit strange. But it is tradition.

That said, they could have picked a different song.

Honest question: what about that weird video had anything to do with tradition? We have a lot of great traditions at our university. That embarrassment certainly did not appear to include any of them.
Isn't one of the school's traditions embarrassment from the corp and yell leaders? squeeze, tralala, and now this?

It's not the Corps as a whole, it's just 2-3 frat-like units within the Corps.
The Collective
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Which outfits have frat tendencies?
ironmanag
AG
aggieloko said:

But no to this

Go to UCLA then. If you jack holes hate our traditions so much you literally have thousands of other options.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
DeepEastTxAg
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

zafzo said:

Texas_Aggie_12 said:

TrustinAgs said:

To those that don't get us, it can seem a bit strange. But it is tradition.

That said, they could have picked a different song.

Honest question: what about that weird video had anything to do with tradition? We have a lot of great traditions at our university. That embarrassment certainly did not appear to include any of them.
Isn't one of the school's traditions embarrassment from the corp and yell leaders? squeeze, tralala, and now this?

No it's dorky units. The kind of guys that tuck their t-shirts into their jeans.
Mike Elko
AG
ironmanag said:

aggieloko said:

But no to this

Go to UCLA then. If you jack holes hate our traditions so much you literally have thousands of other options.
So, which one are you in the video? Some traditions are great... Some aren't.
FtLauderdaleAg91
AG
Trophies for all!!
We didn't quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
aggieloko
AG
Liquid Wrench
Quote:

Gay videos were not a tradition before tra-la-la. 5 CT's for Yell is also New Army.
RomanAg11
GiveMeTheInfo
Thank you for this! We will look back in aggie history and point to this as the turning point where we went from yell leaders to cheerleaders! These guys just did all of us a favor.
thisIsMyName
i liked it. well done
tgray99
AG
CJS4715 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Which outfits have frat tendencies?

17 for one
aggie_fan13
AG
its usually 17, e-1, e-2. The wannabe frats
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
thisIsMyName said:

i liked it. well done

Know how I know you're gay?
Liquid Wrench
I knew it was Squadron something when we were in school (going by your class year). A lot of those guys actually rushed greek frats during their victory laps.
hillcountryag86
AG
After that video, a new order of preference on Kyle:

1. Female cheerleaders
2. Non-reg Yell Leaders
25. Yell Leaders
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2884234/replies
LJF78
TexAg15
AG
Read up on the 5 For Yell selection process. It's essentially an ass kissing competition. Unless you have a dude like Roy May who obviously should be an ambassador for the school.
champagnepapi
It's fun
JodyMcD96
AG
ironmanag said:

aggieloko said:

But no to this

This.

I seriously doubt any of you didn't know what A&M was when you applied. If you didn't, maybe you can set up a GoFundMe to get your tuition back or sue for deceptive business practices.

Send back your ring and diploma, burn your shirts and become a Walmart t-shirt fan of another school so you can spare yourself the embarrassment of being an Aggie.

I knew when Vision 2020 was floated that it was going to be the death of the school and it appears that I was right. Brilliant idea guys, "Hey, what can we do to be like every other school out there? Yeah, let's do that!"
dBoy99
NoahAg
meh. It was mildly amusing, and they nailed the original pretty well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.