Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chris Warren III Tweet

109,747 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by schmellba99
force_upon_you
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Is anyone else besides us and Notre Dame even talking about this?
Not sure. I haven't seen it anywhere else. That would be fidelity, and breitbart.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Is anyone else besides us and Notre Dame even talking about this?

They had it featured on SBNation the other day. The hit, not the tweet.
northeastag
AG
Doesn't it make you wonder why any of the applicants to the B12 actually want in? Don't they realize what will come their way every time they play the horns?
I already have a dog
AG
quote:
Doesn't it make you wonder why any of the applicants to the B12 actually want in? Don't they realize what will come their way every time they play the horns?

$
Class of 65
AG
Here is the final BS from the ut and the big 12 minus 2. The big little minded league office ruled that the hit was ok.
DannyDuberstein
AG
According to the B12, I'm assuming the targeted player has to be killed for it to be "egregious". Because that is the only thing that hit lacked when it comes to egregiousness.

Helmet to helmet - check
Shoulder to helmet - check
Forearm to hemlet - check
Bad enough to knock player out cold - check
Concussion - check
Player on concission protocol - check
Player dead - not checked
DannyDuberstein
AG
Oops. I forgot the most important box:

Targeted player is a sip - not checked
AggieTFA06
AG
the sips I know are using the Hillary Clinton defense. The crime was done, but the intent wasn't there.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Diet Cokehead
AG
They are paying players like crazy since the Malik class and always have the refs backing them, yet some dumbass Ags still want to schedule them. Unreal.
ILuvAgLand
quote:
They are paying players like crazy since the Malik class and always have the refs backing them, yet some dumbass Ags still want to schedule them. Unreal.

Yep. It's so obvious yet esipn just turns a blind eye.

Hu11abaloo
AG
might want to edit that before the mods wake up mate.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
Yeah, it was a bad blown call live because it happened right in front of the ACC ref, but i can at least somewhat understand him being so focused on the ball/possession that he missed the targeting. What I cannot even begin to understand is how the BDF replay official does not review and call it during the incredibky long injury timeout. THE WR WAS KNOCKED OUT - HINT HINT, YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK FOR TARGETING. That ref should be fired. I don't know how you can trust anyone capable of screwing up that badly.

BDF will give him a raise
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
quote:
Since been taken down. What a POS.

Which of those core values does this reflect?

#6 - Ignore rules 1-5 if your coach's job is on the line.
StickTogetherAgs
Instead of celebrating after a 'win', this tweet wanted to celebrate the fact that the rules don't apply to texas.
StickTogetherAgs
BREAKING: Texas Motor Speedway is dreaming of reviving the Aggies-Longhorns rivalry in front of 200,000 people.
Leeman
quote:

Impressive.
Frisco - Ag
AG
Targeting is Back!
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
refs are graded on the calls they make, not the calls they don't make.
This is absolute BS.

Why people who have absolutely NO idea what they're talking about comment on this sort of stuff is beyond me.
Charlie Conway
quote:
BREAKING: Texas Motor Speedway is dreaming of reviving the Aggies-Longhorns rivalry in front of 200,000 people.
the fans were so far away from the field at Bristol, why they think this would be a good idea at a bigger track is beyond me
JodyMcD96
AG
quote:
I hope tu goes 8-4 or 9-3 so they keep charlie
That's just mean.
Texas Yarddog
AG
quote:
quote:
the fans were so far away from the field at Bristol, why they think this would be a good idea at a bigger track is beyond me
only the owners of the speedway and mouthbreathers would ever think this was a good idea

and any Aggie that wants to crawl back into the sack with those *******s from Austin make me question current graduation standards
StickTogetherAgs
Truth is, texas has finally figured out that not playing us is bad for them. Now they want to play us to try and change the current trend of A&M winning and them losing.

tehmackdaddy
AG
fireinthehole said:

I think they may get to 8 wins. They can lose to OK, Baylor, and TCU and still get there.

The upside for us is, as you said, they have to keep Strong.

The downside is the hype machine will be operating at full strength during the off-season at how that program is "on the rise" and "ready to take back the reigns of the Small 10 Conference" as "Charlie Strong saved the sips season with his genius coaching adjustments against the worst Power 5 conference in America."
Lateralus Ag
AG
tehmackdaddy said:

fireinthehole said:

I think they may get to 8 wins. They can lose to OK, Baylor, and TCU and still get there.

The upside for us is, as you said, they have to keep Strong.

The downside is the hype machine will be operating at full strength during the off-season at how that program is "on the rise" and "ready to take back the reigns of the Small 10 Conference" as "Charlie Strong saved the sips season with his genius coaching adjustments against the worst Power 5 conference in America."

They will fire Charlie after this year regardless of their record if they want. They have plenty of reasons to fire him of they want.

And they will beat OU.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I imagine the sip BMDs are already testing out the waters, reaching out behind the scenes to the big "splash" coaches....Herman probably being at the top of the list.

Their ego won't let them go for another "lesser" coach like Strong after he's proven to be a misfire. They desperately need to maintain the image of being THE University of Texas so the coach they get next has to be someone they can brag about snagging.

If they can get a big name, Strong's gone. If not they'll hang to him for another year under the guise of having complete faith in him (meanwhile waiting on the next big name to become available).
riverrataggie
AG
That's the beauty of college football. There are many more big name coaches versus coaches with championships.
Meximan
StickTogetherAgs said:

Truth is, texas has finally figured out that not playing us is bad for them. Now they want to play us to try and change the current trend of A&M winning and them losing.

Would they really want to deal with getting hammered 56-13 ten years in a row?
aggiehawg
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

I imagine the sip BMDs are already testing out the waters, reaching out behind the scenes to the big "splash" coaches....Herman probably being at the top of the list.

Their ego won't let them go for another "lesser" coach like Strong after he's proven to be a misfire. They desperately need to maintain the image of being THE University of Texas so the coach they get next has to be someone they can brag about snagging.

If they can get a big name, Strong's gone. If not they'll hang to him for another year under the guise of having complete faith in him (meanwhile waiting on the next big name to become available).
I have to wonder how all of this Big XII expansion/nonexpansion stuff is going to sit with Herman. UofH being dissed by the Big XII might just piss him off at the sips.

He's a different kind of guy after all. Only spent one year as GA on the 40 acres. His reported fondness for the horn coaching job could be affected. Money isn't his primary motivation.

Would be funny if Gundy went to LSU and Herman went to Stillwater to decimate the sooners and sips.
texasamaggies12
AG
Thinking back on this, t.u.'s performance against ND is doubly terrible considering they should've lost if not for this sh*tty no-call.
ScottishFire
AG
Cheaters gonna cheat.

And boast about it.
StickTogetherAgs
Anyone else see that no call, OU wide receiver get knocked out?
texasamaggies12
AG
StickTogetherAgs said:

Anyone else see that no call, OU wide receiver get knocked out?
... and you're surprised?
StickTogetherAgs
Billy said again that Ags will most likely play sips again soon
BR0
StickTogetherAgs said:

Billy said again that Ags will most likely play sips again soon

Is this some kind of sick ****ing joke? If our administration is this stupid, we deserve everything bad that happens afterward, and believe me the consequences will nothing but bad. Aggie jokes truly do write themselves.
marble rye
AG
Not a joke. Rojo has also hinted that BMD Ags were in Austin discussing a series or something.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.