Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chris Warren III Tweet

109,753 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by schmellba99
crag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Replay officials didn't even review the play.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17472736/wide-receiver-torii-hunter-concussion-protocol-notre-dame-fighting-irish-loss-texas-longhorns

That's why nothing will be done. Had they reviewed it, which only a moron would not have, and confirmed the ruling on the field, they would be culpable.
HowdyTAMU
AG
This is not exactly an "objective" statement since he was hit directly in the head with the opposing player's helmet. Geez, the favoritism and partiality for the Longhorns is getting a bit disturbing.

quote:
Hunter was drilled close to the head by Longhorns defensive back DeShon Elliott in the end zone with 30 seconds left in the third quarter.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He was hit directly in the head with a helmet, a shoulder, and it was finished with a forearm.

Shots "close to the head" don't knock you out cold.
AGinHI
AG
quote:
Replay officials didn't even review the play.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17472736/wide-receiver-torii-hunter-concussion-protocol-notre-dame-fighting-irish-loss-texas-longhorns

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T PLAY THEM!

If that was us you know the call would have come quickly, the player ejected, and the media buzzing with dirty player as opposed to the lavish praise Texas is receiving.
Cynical_Texan
AG
I think I said, "I can't f'n believe they didn't call anything" about 10x after seeing it live and watching the replay.

F that school and their bought referee lackeys.
fessparker
AG
It's just business. ESPN/ABC has a big investment. They must try to get a return. If the game had been on the peacock network, the blown call likely would have gone the other way. It is not a conspiracy theory, it's just human nature to place a thumb on the balances of justice when your self interest is involved.

We complain as if we are shocked by the situation. Either plan to BTHO them plus the zebras or avoid the whole scenario. I am patiently waiting for the necessary decades to pass before entertaining the idea of renewal.
ConcealedCarrie
Real classy horns.... Warren really must be a dip&*#T. Way to represent.

Still can't believe how many tx "fans" think the hit was legal. It was as dirty as I've seen not to mention the celebrating after.
1996OlAg
AG
quote:
Since been taken down. What a POS.

The refs did not miss it...
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
Not too long ago, back before it turned into *****ball, that was a good clean hit, no questions asked. Now they have these convoluted targeting rules that are ambiguous and difficult to interpret and all of you ******* would rather err on the ***** side of things rather than the way football is supposed to be played. Shut your gaping vaginas and go watch soccer or something if that's what you want.

I know it makes your testosterone count feel 5 points higher to say these things on an anonymous message board, but rest assured that the style of football you describe is over. Has been over for awhile. Time to move on. The issue is the rules not being applied evenly, or anywhere close to the current agreed standards.
CSTXAg92
AG
quote:
Since been taken down. What a POS.

Which of those core values does this reflect?
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
Everyone should be happy for every targeting call that is missed or ignored. It makes the game that much closer to being real football. Complaining about missed targeting calls is chicken*****

Well that makes literally zero sense. You actually think that rules being applied or ignored arbitrarily helps players and fans. Selective enforcement of safety rules makes everyone tentative, skittish, and diminishes the quality of play. But hey, you're still a badass.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
And quit obsessing over UT
StickTogetherAgs
quote:
And quit obsessing over UT

We root for the same team brother

texas trolls love getting this kind of material off our boards

Decay
AG
If Q Cunningham gets ejected... if RSJ gets ejected... I know I'm missing a few complete BS calls in the last few years but you get the point.

Our dudes get tossed for questionable stuff every damn year, and yet a clear-as-day hit doesn't bother to get reviewed by the B12 booth officials. I have no problem with people speaking out about it, especially when the player who committed it KNOWS HE DID IT, and then has no sympathy at all for knocking someone out cold.

Literally any other team would get run through the ringer for this. And we'd get crucified for it. Out of control program, EVEN MORE ISSUES AT TEXAS A&M??, etc etc. It's exactly what it looks like, and it's bad.
PatriotAg02
AG
How are people surprised at this *****

Been happening since they started playing ball.

Other teams WIN

Longhorns *win

(hell, remember when they put an asterisk on their 2008 (I think) *Big 12 Championship???)

ASTERISK U

lol
Satellite of Love
quote:
quote:
Those were ACC refs (the replay was BDF).

This year replay refs have the ability to review for a non called targeting. They had about ten minutes to look.

And so the Big 12 replay crew failed, and failed miserably. Failed ND, failed the viewers and failed the integrity of the rules of the game. Nothing has changed with officiating since A&M left those *******s.
TheRealist
quote:
TheRealist - a rookie that signs up the week Kyler flirts with the Chobbit and comes back to post now. I wonder what kind of winner this guy is.

So I guess the number of posts defines you. Hmmm. Seems pretty clear some on here need to read more and post less. I've probably forgotten more about college football than you will ever know.
marble rye
AG
But but but BRING BACK THE DAMN GAME. /agsthatenjoyabuse
MondayMorningQB
AG
Any Schwabs out there know which team in the NCAA was the first ever to be hit with the targeting penalty?
wrangler1010
quote:
quote:
TheRealist - a rookie that signs up the week Kyler flirts with the Chobbit and comes back to post now. I wonder what kind of winner this guy is.

So I guess the number of posts defines you. Hmmm. Seems pretty clear some on here need to read more and post less. I've probably forgotten more about college football than you will ever know.
Look out folks....we have tough girl in the house
dixichkn
AG
quote:
"We sent the clip, obviously, to the supervisor of officials with the ACC; we got confirmation back that that would have most likely have been a targeting call," Kelly said Monday during a teleconference. "We just don't understand why that was not reviewed by the Big 12.

TheRealist
quote:
If Q Cunningham gets ejected... if RSJ gets ejected... I know I'm missing a few complete BS calls in the last few years but you get the point.

Our dudes get tossed for questionable stuff every damn year, and yet a clear-as-day hit doesn't bother to get reviewed by the B12 booth officials. I have no problem with people speaking out about it, especially when the player who committed it KNOWS HE DID IT, and then has no sympathy at all for knocking someone out cold.

Literally any other team would get run through the ringer for this. And we'd get crucified for it. Out of control program, EVEN MORE ISSUES AT TEXAS A&M??, etc etc. It's exactly what it looks like, and it's bad.
I have to ask. Are you saying by rule, the RSJ hit was not targeting and he should not have been ejected???
StickTogetherAgs
Truth is, after everything texas has done over all these years, in their relentless pursuit of obtaining an unfair advantage, they don't deserve to play Texas A&M.
fireinthehole
I hope tu goes 8-4 or 9-3 so they keep charlie
Decay
AG
quote:
quote:

I have to ask. Are you saying by rule, the RSJ hit was not targeting and he should not have been ejected???

Are you saying Chris Warren shouldn't?
jpc08
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you saying Chris Warren shouldn't?

Is Chris Warren saying RSJ should?
Bryan98
AG
I'm saying Chris Warren and RSJ should go a few rounds and the loser has to sit out a game.
Titan83
AG
So A&M should be happy with how the SEC has called targeting in our games? RSJ would beg to differ.
Provocateur
StickTogetherAgs
Can this thread please never die?
aggieland09
AG
Can this thread please never not die?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
quote:

He didn't launch off his feet. Zero to little helmet to helmet contact. The player wasn't defenseless. He was trying to make a play on the ball carrier.
sleepybeagle
AG
I know Strong and his core values will bench him for next game.
StickTogetherAgs
Kind of weird there aren't many texas posters on this thread.

I guess it would be identical to Hillary trying to defend her email situation.
rathAG05
AG
Is anyone else besides us and Notre Dame even talking about this?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.