Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Manziel Lawyer mistakenly sends text to AP.....

37,940 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggiebrewer
renorach
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As Aggies, we need to stop hoping he returns to glory, stop calling him stupid, and stop blaming his parents. He is obviously an addict and alcoholic. We need to pray for him and ask as his fans that he check himself into rehab. An addict/alcoholic with money is almost certain death. I just hope he wakes up soon and checks himself in because obviously his family knows he is out of control.

Johnny, make a real legacy. Clean yourself up and help others do the same.
zephyr88
AG
quote:

So the clerk at the head shop should've told him,

"Hey bro, I don't think you should buy this bong... Here's a good counselor you should contact instead" ?

You serious Clark?
Sex Panther
AG
Am I serious about what
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Am I serious about what

You think it's the job of a low level retail clerk at a head shop to discourage buying their products for taking drugs? I'm thinking he ought be fired for that.
Sex Panther
AG
Frederick Palowaski
AG
quote:
quote:

"Hey bro, I don't think you should buy this bong... Here's a good counselor you should contact instead" ?

You serious Clark?

Pretty sure it was sarcasm from the person he quoted. Kind of like how I thought you were being sarcastic saying the Browns shouldn't pay JM the money they owe him.
zephyr88
AG
quote:
Am I serious about what

The head shop shrink?
zephyr88
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You serious Clark?

Pretty sure it was sarcasm from the person he quoted. Kind of like how I thought you were being sarcastic saying the Browns shouldn't pay JM the money they owe him.

Oh, I wasn't being sarcastic about paying Manziel.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I can't tell when we're being sarcastic anymore.
aggiediehard10
AG
If Johnny can't stop God will put him in Time out (jail)or take him out of here. Very sad indeed.
zephyr88
AG
quote:
I can't tell when we're being sarcastic anymore.
#offseasonsucks
zephyr88
AG
Anyone just see the ESPN story on Chris Washburn?

Manziel's story mirrors Washburn's in so many ways. Wasted talent. Drugs.
Ag Tag
quote:
An addict/alcoholic with money is almost certain death.
Amy Winehouse, Prince, etc.
aggiejim70
AG
Young man, I beg to differ with you. It seems the senior Manziel's response is that of a classic Al-Anon. Detach with love, and the use of the three C's. The family didn't Cause it, they can't Control it, and they can't Cure it.

The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Frederick Palowaski
AG
I know. Just reading your posts I can tell the engine is running but nobody is behind the wheel.
retribution_ag
quote:
I know. Just reading your posts I can tell the engine is running but nobody is behind the wheel.

Mr. NiceGuy with the headshot.
zephyr88
AG
quote:
zephyr88
AG
I'll type s-l-o-w-e-r in the future.
Cancelled
AG
quote:

I don't even know wtf Washburn is.
aggiewhoop1
AG
quote:
How is it some of these kids get 10 yr prison sentences for possessing an ounce or two of pot, but Manziel can openly use cocaine and other things, constantly get in legal trouble, etc, and nothing
Have you ever seen two ounces of pot?
Firenicz
AG
I have felt that same pain...sometimes you just have to LET GO...
zephyr88
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't even know wtf Washburn is.
Chris Washburn was basketball's version of Manziel in the mid-80's. He was an excellent player out of NC State and left early as a first round draft pick to Golden State. Substance abuse cut his pro career to 2 seasons. Coincidentally, he also went to rehab halfway thru his brief pro career. He found rock bottom in the 90's and now works with addicts.
tamuags08
Synopsis
quote:
How is it some of these kids get 10 yr prison sentences for possessing an ounce or two of pot, but Manziel can openly use cocaine and other things, constantly get in legal trouble, etc, and nothing
Money.
Diet Cokehead
AG
quote:
The Browns still have to pay Manziel $2,173,997 for the balance of his contract (2016 and 2017). He's not running out of money anytime soon. And quite frankly, this shows the ludicrousness of the contracting in the NFL.
Huh? NFL contracts are the least player friendly contracts of the big 3 sports BY FAR.
ashley
Guaranteed contracts are usually something made up by agents.
. . .
ag2003
AG
wow, now Manziel's attorneys are taking his lead and doing everything they can to get away from representing him. What a **** show.
ce1994
AG
Not a fan of Manziel but he deserves better than this:

1) That lawyer should be disbarred.
2) His dad needs to stop talking to the press.
ag2003
AG
After reading comments from others who have had to deal with family members that hit rock bottom, it's pretty clear this was a conscious decision by Manziel's dad to get it out there that they are done with him and it's now fully in his court.....if he didn't realize it before, he certainly does now. My initial thought was the same, but it sounds as though that type of treatment by loved ones is the real last step in all of this. I hope Manziel reads it and gets his **** together. It's clear, he'll almost certainly never suit up for a professional football team again, but he can still make a major impact in this world if he can get his **** together and help others with the same addictions.
SeattleAgJr
quote:

Or Johnny stops doing drugs and enter rehab...
ce1994
AG
And if he does not then he should have a lawyer that breaks the ethical laws of the bar? Or a father that every time someone sticks a microphone in his face holds fort about his son.

I think Manziel knows his dad is done until he goes to rehab.
94chem
quote:
I saw trey coming out of specs about 6 months ago.
Trey and I both get our caviar at the same place!
Diet Cokehead
AG
quote:

He doesn't deserve a ****ing thing. He needs to take ownership of his problem and be accountable to himself and others.

What his dad and attorney are doing is irrelevant to his situation. Until he decides he wants to turn things around, it doesn't matter what anybody else does.
MsDoubleD81
AG
It's all Scooby Doo's fault. Johnny was a perfect angel until he put on that costume!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.