Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Manziel Lawyer mistakenly sends text to AP.....

37,943 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggiebrewer
Ag Tag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The attorney has resigned now.
ce1994
AG
Manziel is a turd. I get that. But a lawyer that he is paying BY LAW is not allowed to do what that guy did. So yes Manziel deserved better than that. He also deserves for his impending train wreck to happen privately.

Leave the guy alone.
fredfredunderscorefred
Anybody updated the manziel we know website?
OldArmy91
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Paul Manziel, the quarterback's father, told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he wants his son to get well but that he has to do that for himself.

"He's a druggie. It's not a secret that he's a druggie," Paul Manziel said Friday. "I don't know what to say other than my son is a druggie and he needs help. He just hasn't seeked it yet. Hopefully he doesn't die before he comes to his senses. That's about all you can say. I don't know what else to say.

"I hate to say it but I hope he goes to jail. I mean, that would be the best place for him. So we'll see."

"I had him in rehab and he escaped and the doctors let him go, and that is a whole other story." Paul Manziel told ESPN on Friday. "So, I mean, I had him and the system failed. It didn't work. He has more money than me so he can outrun me.

"Like I said, there are two things are going to happen: He's either going to die, or he's going to figure out that he needs help. It's one of the two. But we've done everything that we can do. Life goes on. You can't just chase somebody that's not willing to listen."

Wow seems like parenting is part of the problem

There are a lot of Aggies, myself included, who know somebody who knows the Manziels, or knew Johnny at Tivy. They will all tell you the same thing. He was a train wreck even back in high school, and his parents did not parent him. They enabled him, and it continued through A&M, where Sumlin looked the other way. While all of this is on Johnny first and foremost, I'm sure Paul Manziel is realizing how much he failed as a parent through the first 24ish years of his son's life right about now.
Has Paul Manziel ever lived in Kerrville? Did he have custody? All I know is that he's been living in Longview for the past few years. Are you assigning any blame on the maternal side?
Memphis 7
Sucks we're never going to see him play again.

Let's just hope the public loses interest in him so he can move on in peace.

sleepybeagle
AG
Sad thing is he still hasn't hit rock bottom, but he is getting close. Once his money is gone his "friends" will leave him and he wil have nowhere to turn. An addict has to lose everything before they can be helped. I pray getting there doesnt kill him first.

I know there are many here who are praying for him and hope for his recovery. I know I am.
gigemaggs99
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Anyone just see the ESPN story on Chris Washburn?

Manziel's story mirrors Washburn's in so many ways. Wasted talent. Drugs.
I don't even know wtf Washburn is.
Chris Washburn was basketball's version of Manziel in the mid-80's. He was an excellent player out of NC State and left early as a first round draft pick to Golden State. Substance abuse cut his pro career to 2 seasons. Coincidentally, he also went to rehab halfway thru his brief pro career. He found rock bottom in the 90's and now works with addicts.
JF reminds me of Todd Marinovich. Strange how history repeats.
Skull Session
Looks like jail is about the only thing that is going to save him from himself. The hangers on will use him until the money runs dry then dump him on the side of the road. Both sad and pathetic situation.
tamuags08
AG
quote:
An addict has to lose everything before they can be helped

That is simply not true. An addict reaches their bottom when they put the shovel down and stop digging.
Red Skye
AG
quote:
Looks like jail is about the only thing that is going to save him from himself. The hangers on will use him until the money runs dry then dump him on the side of the road. Both sad and pathetic situation.

Bull****. Jail does nothing to addicts expect turn them into ACTUAL criminals. The way this country treats drug addiction is absolutely pathetic.
ag2003
AG
What would you suggest be done......and they are criminals----openly breaking laws.....
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Bull****. Jail does nothing to addicts expect turn them into ACTUAL criminals. The way this country treats drug addiction is absolutely pathetic.
LOL at this idiotic statement.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
JFF's collection on the malpractice insurance of his ex lawyer will keep him in cash for a long time --maybe enough to pay off his ex girl friend !
Citizen Reign
quote:
quote:
LOL at this idiotic statement.
Absolutely.
WC94
AG
Not an idiotic statement. Non violent drug addicts should not be housed with common criminals. They should be receiving treatment for their addiction, if the end game is to keep them out of prison.
crowman2010
AG
quote:
Not an idiotic statement. Non violent drug addicts should not be housed with common criminals. They should be receiving treatment for their addiction, if the end game is to keep them out of prison.
Housed and free to leave whenever they want?
Citizen Reign
quote:
It's not easy getting an addict to agree to a treatment center. An arrest takes choices away and can provide enough time sober for the addict to make the better decision and check into long-term treatment.

Problem is, JFF has money and that makes him much more likely to relapse or check out/escape a treatment center.

Sometimes 30-45 days drying out in county is just what a coke, crack, or meth head needs. ...and I don't think his dad said anything about prison. He said Jail.

Faustus
quote:
JFF's collection on the malpractice insurance of his ex lawyer will keep him in cash for a long time --maybe enough to pay off his ex girl friend !
He already paid her off, so any monies from a suit against Hinton are all JFFs.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/johnny-manziel-girlfriend-colleen-crowley-settlement/302157
BMX Bandit
quote:

What damages does Manziel have on a malpractice claim? Fee disgorgement?
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:

What damages does Manziel have on a malpractice claim? Fee disgorgement?

Violation of attorney-client privilege????
BMX Bandit
You still have to prove damages of attorney client privilege violation is the basis of a malpractice claim.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Is he signed with a team?
bobbranco
AG
That lawyer should be disbarred at a minimum.

oysterbayAG
AG
" The image is one thing and the human being is another. It's very hard to live up to an image, put it that way. "--------------- Elvis Presley
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Is he signed with a team?

ha ha .

no.
marble rye
AG
quote:
You still have to prove damages of attorney client privilege violation is the basis of a malpractice claim.

Guess it depends on the deal finally reached.
welborn
It's lit
EllisCoAg
AG
SquirrellyDan
AG
quote:

#HiDad
Post removed:
by user
suburban cowboy
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BHQFeGvgGfV
usmcbrooks
What the hell kind of comic is this, a poor man's The Far Side?
SeattleAgJr
quote:
What the hell kind of comic is this, a poor man's The Far Side?
wrong thread.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
quote:
I've seen great parents have a really tough time with a child, while other kids from the same parents turn out great. I've also seen lousy parents have kids that turn out great. I suppose there is correlation between the quality of the parenting and how kids turn out, but not always, especially when mental disorders and/or addictive personalities come into play.

Ummm. He had ****ty parents. They produced a ****ty offspring. It's not that complicated in this case.
Tmoneyag99
AG
that wasn't a mistake. That is a lovely law suit looking to happen. His attorney just broke atty client privelege

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.