Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I think Texas Tech is my favorite BigXII school

8,692 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by SA Ag
agcoachtx04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What the F*** did I just read? F*** Tortillas. Hate 'em. Worse than Texas, worse than Oklahoma. Biggest pieces of S*** in Texas.
GoneGirl
AG
I just don't really care anymore. We don't play any of them - except post season (then I hate whomever we're playing)....

I root for them all to tear each other down red robin style. It's fun watching them implode in succession week after week. Kinda like watching Honey Boo Boo or My Big Fat Redneck Wedding. It entertains me between stories on what new record A&M is breaking, or where our Heisman winning QB is turning up.

I work in an office with a lot of Aggies. A LOT. We're all high fiving each other and talking about games and awards, and Johnny Football.... While the handful of Big XII folks are either whining about all the Aggies, complaining that we're stealing all the good recruits, or laughing at each other for a. loosing to Baylor/Kansas,or b. ALMOST losing to Baylor/Kansas. Oh, and making up excuses for why they all thought we'd get our asses handed to us in the SEC and haven't.

[This message has been edited by TxElsie (edited 12/13/2012 12:52p).]
farmerdave
Hi fellas. Thanks for having me. I was visiting your site because I was curious how the Aggie fan base was taking all this KK business. I'm a Red Raider from San Angelo(the screen name is one I've used on other misc. forums for a long time, hope there's no confusion. I didnt think about the aggie farmer nickname until after I registered.)

I've been to a few games at Kyle Field. I've always enjoyed it and the Aggies always make me feel welcome. One game as a Tech Student, in 2002. Others since as a guest of family members who are Aggies. I've got cousins who were aggie athletes and a cousin who was a yell leader. I have a fondness for Aggies and your traditions.

I realize this thread was started in sarcasm.

However, in the spirit of gratitude and joy that the Red Raiders have in our hearts today, because we really feel like we have something to cheer about for the first time in a long time, please allow me be the (apparently first) Red Raider to say:

1. Congratulations on your success in the SEC. I was sad to see you go, but I do believe your university culture is a good fit for the SEC and I can see how you felt wronged by Texas. I didn't have high expectations for your program in the first year but congrats on your early success, I hope it continues and I don't see why it shouldn't.

2. Congratulations on JFF's Heisman. I happened to be at the DoubleDave's in College Station when the announcement was made and the place went crazy. I'm happy for your school and for him. It's amazing that a freshman won it. I'm happy for the positives this will bring your university.

3. Thank you for Kliff Kingsbury. If the Aggies were still a BigWTF school, this would have been a much tougher move for him, and for the Aggies. He was able to prove himself in a tough environment and the rest of the Aggies gave him the tools to produce staggering offensive numbers, and give Tech the confidence that he's capable of producing Offensive results like that, if he has the tools.

4. I apologize for the past actions of Red Raiders that put such a sour taste in the mouths of Aggies. The jabs are probably deserved. I was there for the goalpost incident in Lubbock. I had no idea there was any altercation until reading it later. I know your fans are often treated with vitriol and intimidation when visiting Lubbock. It saddens me.

I wish I could change that.

After reading the first post in this thread, I felt compelled to take a baby step towards mending these wounds.

Thank you for the opportunity to share these thoughts with you. All the best in 2013.
Moe 92
AG
Classy post, Farmerdave. Wish all tech fans were more like you.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Tceh is still tceh. Hate em. Hate lubutt. Hate raiders. Hate everything tceh (except rockylarues on this board for some unknown reason).

Still like Leach though.

KK is now a dumpster fireman. Good luck with that, but not really.
Ag_B_10
AG
Tcehies, like most school fans are humble when they are down, so of course they don't seem bad. 7 or 8 yrs ago when they were competing for 3rd place every year or so and thought they could be conference champs, they would of rather laid a turd in an Ag's cereal than congratulate/support an Ag. Baylor is one of the big exceptions to that rule. No matter how bad they suck, they want to rub it in your face that they "THINK" they are going to be the MNC.
farmerdave
Thanks for the kind words.

[This message has been edited by farmerdave (edited 12/13/2012 1:51p).]
Ag_B_10
AG
Damn delayed double post!

[This message has been edited by Ag_B_10 (edited 12/13/2012 1:53p).]
Silver Taps
doar823
AG
Okie lite then Kstate. Maybe tceh after that.
Yell Practice
Don't like Tceh or Lubbock. Don't get caught in Lubbock during a freezing rain storm. You may be there a week. I know ---
WC
Bushmaster91
AG
Nope
still tippin
Gross
HUDAT361
Tech fan replied to JFF twitter.. Saying "we stole your boy what u gonna do?" After JFF posted a classy post about kliff leaving
MaxPower
I don't dislike them as much. I'll root for Kill. If/when he leaves I'll go back to loathing them.
gatorSSiPP
quote:
Nope. Long history of bad blood between tceh & the Ags.

LOL
dhamalrdr
I love that a lot of y'all are bringing up the stink bait incident when the person tweeting it (your president) didn't even see it and condemned an entire university after making up a lie about spray paint and feces. Oh, and the goal post incident with McKinney where he was the one swinging his binoculars at students and then blamed tech. It's people like y'all that make me ashamed to have attended A&m.
lennonjunior
quote:
will never pull for tehc.

unless they are playing tu or baylol.

So you're saying that Tech is your favorite Big 12 team in Texas just behind TCU??
Teacher_Ag
AG
As a 12 year old kid, walking out of a Tech game with my older brother in his Corps uniform having several mobs of people spitting at us, cussing us out and threatening us. I'll never forget that. It was a display of hostility that I've never seen at any other sporting event, and I've been to my fair share. Tech has some great people, but also a large number of classless punks.
dstar442005
AG
Nope. Oklahoma State FTW
KL08AG
TheAccidentalAg
AG
OKieStatE is fun to watch. ScReWed the pOOch last year and fell apart this year.
84HartAg
AG
Not if you're from my part of the state, way more tards than Ags. Lots of friends went there and there is much bitterness. I've been to Jones field when whiskey bottles were flying. Vowed to not go back after a few games were decided by some big time home cookin by the refs, prolly feared for their lives. Then the horse sheet dewsh our busses got... One of the least favorite. I root for them when they play tu. OP is smokin crack.
Moe 92
AG
quote:
I love that a lot of y'all are bringing up the stink bait incident when the person tweeting it (your president) didn't even see it and condemned an entire university after making up a lie about spray paint and feces. Oh, and the goal post incident with McKinney where he was the one swinging his binoculars at students and then blamed tech. It's people like y'all that make me ashamed to have attended A&m.

Let me see if I can address some of these concerns, Rook:
quote:
bringing up the stink bait incident when the person tweeting it (your president) didn't even see it and condemned an entire university after making up a lie about spray paint and feces

It was our Athletic Director, not the President, if we're holding one another accountable for accuracy. His sin was mistaking bait which smelled like sh*t for sh*t and mistaking shoe polish for paint at night. My understanding is he did see, and smell, it. You're not denying that tceh fans vandalized the bus, but somehow I'm an ******* for bringing it up. Eff you, dewsh.
quote:
McKinney where he was the one swinging his binoculars at students and then blamed tech

Tceh idiots stormed our section carrying a goal post, yet the incident is McKinney's fault for fighting back. Makes sense.
quote:
ashamed to have attended A&m

Ashamed to have attended or ashamed to have been kicked out?

If you missed it above, go eff yourself. Thanks.
AgMom13
You've never been to one of their home games, have you? I despise that team, and will until they get the student section under control. Our band had to wear raincoats to deflect all of the garbage thrown at them. And they boo'ed our injured players on the field. Not to mention the stinky cheese that got smeared all over the bus. CLASSLESS!
jmac_aggie06
AG
Tech can suck my nuts.
Kramer
AG
Every B12 school in Texas can DIAF.

If I had to pick a favorite, I'd throw up in my mouth and choke on it.
BoatsAndHoes88
go to one of their home games and wear the opposing teams colors and you'll see how much "class" this entity has. Texas Tech is a joke of an institution in large part in my mind because of the lack of class from the members of their institution.
Kels
BoatsAndHoes88
Here's a Facebook post yesterday by a "friend" of mine who speaks on Texas Tech's behalf or at the least he speaks for a ton of Tech fans based on how many likes it got.

"KK is a Red Raider again. Can't wait to see that cult's offense sputter without Kingsbury."
TXicanMafia
AG
Full disclosure: Aggie '92; Tech Law '97.

Tech student body and alumni is made up of rejects from A&M and t.u. HUGE small-man syndrome. Trashiest overall fan base outside of LSU.

After living there, my wife (also '92) hates them so bad she cheers for t.u. every year to beat tech. I just cheer for serious injury on both sides of the ball during that game.
5C
AG
Please make it stop
Hewey Calloway
AG
I've got no beef with TCU.
FunkyTownFarmer12
AG
quote:
I just cheer for serious injury on both sides of the ball during that game.

Yeah, you're real classy. If all 30,000 of them (that you've never met) are as bad as you say they are, you should have just stayed up there with them. It would seem to suit your style, tool.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.