Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Spectrum Trail Racing Fall 16/Spring 17

12,540 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The InTIMidator
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i'm stuck either way. K is already volunteering out there and i'm already registered. I could drop down to the half, but then i'd still have to pick up miles and I have no idea when she'll be done volunteering. Looks like i'll prob miss the first quarter, then listen to the rest on XM.
Aggietaco
AG
So you're running the full?

I might still sign up for it and just watch a DVR of the game. Just have to be able to avoid all reports of the game.
AggieOO
yep, i'm in for the full. its going to be a bit of a stretch for my current fitness, so I just have to be careful out there b/c its a somewhat fast course. I need to keep it easy on the first loop and then use what i've got left on loop 2. My longest run since spring was this past sunday at 16 miles, though I have a number of 12-13 milers over the summer and recently. I was scheduled for 18 that day, so throwing another 8 miles at it made sense
AggieOO
Reminder: If anyone from TexAgs is coming to run Saddle Blazer, hit me up via email (in profile), I have discount codes.

If you need a code for one of the other races, I can see what I can do.
AggieOO
All the Spectrum races are a part of the 2017 Texas Trails Championship Series, if anyone is participating in that.

http://texastrailchampionship.com/welcome-2017/
Sooner Born
Registered for the Saddle Blazer to defend my 10k title and course record.
AggieOO
Aggietaco
AG
Hope the run today is going better than the game.
AggieOO
Glad I didn't watch that garbage!

Finished 8th, running on fumes.
Aggietaco
AG
Congrats! I was still on the fence about running or at least volunteering this week until my appendix tried to kill me.
AggieOO
Aggietaco said:

Congrats! I was still on the fence about running or at least volunteering this week until my appendix tried to kill me.

Getting it removed?
Aggietaco
AG
Got it out Thursday. Going to be tough to run the Vagabond today...
AggieOO
Aggietaco said:

Got it out Thursday. Going to be tough to run the Vagabond today...
we are going in the morning...take another 12 hours off.

are you actually up and running already? no idea recovery time for an appendix removal.
Aggietaco
AG
No, I'm not. Surgeon told me 2-3 weeks for anything more than jogging and any weights. I thought I'd be fine walking the segment today to at least post up a time (since I haven't missed one) but I couldn't even make it through a full day at my desk in the office today.
AggieOO
this is actually the first time i've done any of the vagabonds. should be at the HH tomorrow, you hitting that? or the trail film fest tonight?
Aggietaco
AG
Skipping the film fest for sure and may make the HH, depends on how I'm feeling and whether I head into downtown for work or not. Good luck on the trails, sounds like they may get pretty slick.
AggieOO
Video recap of Wonderland:

https://vimeo.com/191046605
BigTimeAlum
AG
This seems very skewed towards Ultra runners. Why do you need to run an ultra to score max points in the trail category? Doesn't make sense.
AggieOO
I'm not affiliated with the trail championship series outside of my race being part of the series. However, the trail ando ultra divisions are completely separate. If you run an ultra distance, it scores no points for the trail distance and vice versa.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Just curious. Never stepped foot in this world. Wouldn't anything longer than a marathon be considered an Ultra?

For the trail division, the top points category is 26.2M - 50K

AggieOO
If I'm looking in the right place, it's saying 26.2-sub 50k. My guess is that though 26.2 is the longest race, there are some timed races, and there are people that will surpass 26.2 in a 4 hour timed race.

Any race 50k and up is in the ultra category.
Aggietaco
AG
Bump for the Circus at McKinney Roughs this weekend.

I'm still in recovery mode so not running, but you'll see my smiling face at the 7 mile loop aid station.
AggieOO
Spectrum voted best trail races in Austin Fit's "Best of Austin" issue.
AggieOO
Price goes up tomorrow for Saddle Blazer. Register today to save some $$.
Aggietaco
AG
Same code as last year? I thought I had registered but I was wrong.
AggieOO
shoot me an email. scott at citycoach . org
htxag09
AG
Which fall 10K would you most recommend?
AggieOO
since you are specifying fall and 10K, i'd say Rawhide. Its a great property down in Comfort.

Unfortunately, there is no 10K at Sky Island or that would be the clear winner.
htxag09
AG
Spring could possibly work. Just fairly new to running in general, doing the Houston full in January so want to give myself ample recovery time and training time to get used to trail running. Plus I want to do the blue bell 10k in April.
AggieOO
Only 10K in the spring is my race, Saddle Blazer. That's Feb 25. Not sure if that gives you the recovery time you are looking for.
Sooner Born
AggieOO said:

Only 10K in the spring is my race, Saddle Blazer, which is where Sooner Born owns the course record. That's Feb 25. Not sure if that gives you the recovery time you are looking for.

Fixed it for you
AggieOO
Hops and Grain will be sponsoring our first Trail Beer Mile at Saddle Blazer!

Details to come!
aggiemonocle
Still on the fence on signing up for Saddle Blazer. Can anyone convince me? I have done only one trail run to date which was Ragnar Hill Country.
AggieOO
Would a discount code help?
Aggietaco
AG
aggiemonocle said:

Still on the fence on signing up for Saddle Blazer. Can anyone convince me? I have done only one trail run to date which was Ragnar Hill Country.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.