Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Spectrum Trail Racing Fall 16/Spring 17

12,483 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The InTIMidator
aggiemonocle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quick question. Do kids typically attend? I have a 5 and 3 year old that enjoy camping and the youngest is excited to make smores again. Wanted to make sure the atmosphere is conducive for them to attend.
AggieOO
There are always kids around. The founders of Spectrum have their 4 year old at every race. We love kids. We love dogs. We typically have different yard games to keep them busy during the races, and we've seen people bring their own or toss around a football.

That said, there are adults who will be there who don't have kids and will be drinking beer. It likely won't be top of mind to filter themselves. Though we've never had any issues, and trail runners are pretty conscientious. There's plenty of room to spread out and camp away from people if you think there is a concern. Additionally, we want everyone to feel welcome, so if there is any issue, let us know. Happy to talk to anyone causing trouble.

There will be people camping both friday and saturday nights. More friday than saturday, but the long-term goal is to get more people to stick around saturday night too. Saturday is a lot of fun sitting around the campfire.
AggieOO
Price increase for Saddle Blazer tomorrow!
AggieOO
TRAIL BEER MILE at Saddle Blazer!

Quote:

Announcing the Hops & Grain Trail Beer Mile @ Saddle Blazer! 2.25.16. What's better than running and beer? FREE! At 5pm on 2.25, we will host a trail beer mile at the race venue. The first 10 people who register will get their beers donated by Hops & Grain. Everyone else will need to bring their own beers, no glass bottles. No ENTRY FEE! Don't know how a beer mile works? Its easy. Drink beer. Run. Repeat until you've run a mile. Don't worry, we'll give you better instructions on race day! Head over to http://www.spectrumtrailracing.com/saddle-blazer/ and fill out the form to sign up!
The InTIMidator
AG
Now you've got my attention. (not about the beer mile though) I'm making plans for the Saddle half-marathon. Are there any discount codes still available? I've got two more Aggies that are interested in joining me out there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.