List of every car youve ever owned

35,937 Views | 436 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Choward4
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's frozen over in DFW and I'm a little bored. One of Spicewood's posts got me thinking about every car I've ever owned. Here is a list and a mini review of each.

1977 VW Scirocco - great handling but overheating POS

1980 Oldsmobile Omega - had it at A&M, some electricl problems. Mom bought it new $9000 in 80, gave it to me in 85, I traded it in for $300, got 90,000 miles out of it.

1990 Jeep Wrangler - solid vehicle, gave it to my brother at 74,000 miles. No problems.

1994 BMW 325i - wife's car. 9 years and 130,000 miles and not a single problem. The day we traded it in, it ran humming like the day 1. I should've kept the car

1988 Olds Delta 88 - Not a bad car but 7 years and 90,000 miles, it completely wore out and had many problems.

1995 Chevy Tahoe - Biggest POS I've every owned. Problems throughout. 4 years and 70,000 miles, I sold it to a razorback.. oooh pig sooie.

1999 Honda Civic - Solid. Traded with my brother. He recently sold it at 150,000 miles.

2000 Acura RL - My cuurent car. 92,000 miles currently. Edit. Sold in 2011 at 180,000 miles.

2003 Nissan 350Z - It was ok. Bought new..6 months and 11,000 miles I couldn't take the pounding. Great Sports Car.. but too bumpy. Sold it to a young man who really wanted it.

2001 Honda Odyssey Wife's current car- 85,000 miles currently. Not a single problem at all. Edit, traded with a new prius at 130,000 miles with failing tyranny.

2001 Porsche Boxster - Our weekend car. 18,000 miles currently. Only driven on sunny and dry days. Kept it for 6 months. Sold to a HS football coach.

2001 Allegro Bay 35ft Diesel Pusher Yes, it's an RV sitting on a Freightliner Chassis with Cummins and Allison ******. No HWY screamer but it does get 9.4 mpg at 22,000 lb.

2004 Honda Element To pull behind the RV. My daughter (12 years old) wants it when she turns 16. Edit. Traded with a pontoon boat. May be the dumbest thing I have done in my life.

2002 Porsche 911 Cab Garage Queen. Still have it. 80,000 miles.

2006 F150 with 8 ft bed Work truck !

2011 Honda Odyssey Well...you know.

2015 Prius DAUGHTERS CAR, I SWEAR!

2008 Toyota Avalon bought in 2016 for $13,000 with 67, 000 miles. 3 years later it has 200,000 miles. Made a believer out of me that Toyota is the most reliable cars. I would buy again.
wunderbrad01
AG
85 Chevrolet Scottsdale pickup. Single cab, SWB, white

91 Ford F-250 ext. cab green, diesel

92 Chevrolet C1500, single cab, electric blue, V6

97 f-150. black, 5.4L, lariat, ext cab

91 Ford F-150 ext. cab 4X4, red

90 Ford Taurus maroon

92 Ford Ranger ext cab, white

97 F-250 crew cab 4X4 diesel.

96 Ford Ranger ext cab, grey, V6

95 Ford Ranger red, 4cyl, auto

95 F-250, 351 gas, red

95 F-350, 4X4, diesel, green crew cab (owned this one twice)

91 Ford F-150 Maroon, single cab, V8

00 F-250 ext cab, 4X4, diesel, red

51 chevrolet 5 window pickup

82 Jeep CJ-7.

76 Toyota Landcruiser

96 F-250 4X4 extended cab, navy blue, 460 gas engine.

1943 Chevrolet fire truck

1959 IH 1/2 ton pickup

1960 IH 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup

1990 Ford F350 flatbed
wunderbrad01
AG

[This message has been edited by wunderbrad01 (edited 10/1/2009 8:31a).]
wunderbrad01
AG

[This message has been edited by wunderbrad01 (edited 10/17/2009 9:32a).]
AggieDruggist89
AG
quote:
85 Chevrolet Scottsdale pickup. Single cab, SWB, white. I miss him.

91 Ford F-250 ext. cab green, diesel.

92 Chevrolet C1500, single cab, electric blue, V6, not powerful enough.

97 f-150. black, 5.4L, lariat, ext cab, best truck I ever had.

91 Ford F-150 ext. cab 4X4, red.

90 Ford Taurus maroon

92 Ford Ranger ext cab, white.

97 F-250 crew cab 4X4 diesel.

94 Ford Ranger ext cab, grey, V6, standard.

95 Ford Ranger red, 4cyl, auto.

97 F-250, 351 gas, red

95 F-350, 4X4, diesel, green (owned this one twice)

91 Ford F-150 Maroon, single cab, V8, auto

00 F-250 ext cab, 4X4, diesel, red.

51 chevrolet pickup I am currently restoring.

If you would've bought a Toyota Pickup from the beginning, you would still be driving it instead of the long list.
AggieDruggist89
AG
quote:
If you don't mind me askin', how much did your RV set you back? Those built on a truck chassis are unbeatable. I wouldn't think the fuel economy would be that good....that's impressive.

We've been shopping for one for about a month. Debated between class A and C. Decided on A. Then Gasser or Diesel Pusher. DP was the way to go. New or Used? No comparison there..why buy new and take 50% depreciation in 4 years... Searched and Searched.. found ours in Dalls for $58,000...MSRP on it is $120,000 to $140,000 depending on the options.

I did get new tires..which set me back $2,000 and having new shocks (Koni) put on this week. Thought about adding Banks but no need. Only 260HP with 550lb torque, but it being a light Disel Pusher, it gets up and go. 9.4 mpg includes extensive city driving I did running around DFW. I'm pretty confident I can get over 10mpg doing 65mph fully wet.

YouBet
AG
1977 El Camino Classic - hated it at the time but now I wish I still had it. Black Cherry Metallic with dual exhaust. Sold it and traded up to Dad's Maxima when I went to college.

1989 Nissan Maxima - simply great car. Traded it for Galant around 140k miles.

1999 Mitsubishi Galant - good car, never any problems with it. Totaled it at 110k miles.

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport - bought this for my ex-wife. Practically stole this from a guy. Dude was dating my sister in law at the time. Got a job making some serious cash and gave me the Jeep for leftover payments. Ex-wife took it in divorce.

2007 Hyundai Sonata - current car. Love it.
SpicewoodAg
AG
I guess TheBandit is a Ford guy, with an occasional Chevy truck.....
SpicewoodAg
AG
Druggist - Interesting list. I really used to like Sciroccos. But man they were flimsy. Seemed like the doors had no metal in them.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Scirocco did great from 60mph - 90mph. That's about it. It was a glorified VW Rabbit. Actually wasn't even glorified.
wunderbrad01
AG

[This message has been edited by wunderbrad01 (edited 5/8/2012 9:43p).]
AggieDruggist89
AG
Tell you what...these folks know their RV.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm

Everything you ever wanted to know RVing is discussed here.
555-PINF
'91 Ford Bronco - Bought it used in '94 from a guy in San Antonio. Awesome vehicle. In '97, I put a 4" lift and 33" tires on it. Did a lot of mods/upgrades to it and basically started restoring it until I bought my next vehicle. Wound up keeping it, but rarely drove it and eventually sold it to a kid at A&M - had about 130K miles on it at that time. I still see it around CS.

'00 Ford Lightning - Absolutely loved it. Raced and modded the hell out of it. Probably had about $30K worth of aftermarket stuff on it. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to run it once everything was complete, but similar trucks were running high 11s at ~113mph (and yeah, I hate bench racing as much as the next guy, but it's close enough). Finally got to a point where it kinda needed to be trailered as a track-only vehicle and I just didn't have the means to keep it, anymore. Sold it with 43K miles on it. The kid who bought it works at Briarcrest CC, so I still see it from time to time. I still can't believe I sold it - biggest mistake of my life. I hope to find a gently used '04 in a year or two to have as a 3rd vehicle/toy.

'03 Toyota Sequoia - Piece of junk. In the shop more than in my driveway and, with Atkinson not offering loaners and my vehicle being my main source of income, I had to dump it. Traded it with ~30K miles a year after I bought it.

'04 Ford F150 - 4X4 Lariat 4 door. Awesome truck. Loved the interior and the ride. Only reason I traded it is beacuse of the great deal I found on my next vehicle. Traded it with 40K miles or so a year and a half after I bought it.

'05 Ford F250 - 4X4 Lariat 4 door diesel. Found it as a demo (was the service manager's truck) for $30K. Only had 20,850 miles on it and had every feature I was looking for. Couldn't pass it up. Currently has 56K miles on it and I'm gonna drive it until the wheels fall off.

'05 Pontiac GTO - Techically it's "the wife's," but it's more a toy than anything. It just turned 10K miles and is bone stock. Unless I'm gone somewhere and the wife needs transportation, we'll only drive it on nice days.

[This message has been edited by Emeril (edited 1/15/2007 10:46a).]
AggieDruggist89
AG
quote:
'91 Ford Bronco - Bought it used in '94 from a guy in San Antonio. Awesome vehicle. In '97, I put a 4" lift and 33" tires on it. Did a lot of mods/upgrades to it and basically started restoring it until I bought my next vehicle. Wound up keeping it, but rarely drove it and eventually sold it to a kid at A&M - had about 130K miles on it at that time. I still see it around CS.

Is it white...and was it ever out in LA?
KRT-1
1973 Mustang - paid $1000.00 for it, and it was my first car and my first POS

1978 Grand Prix - Had a decent V8 with a 4 barrel, but it broke down more than Dick Vermeil

1979 Jeep CJ5 Renegade - 3sp v8. I still kick myself for selling it. It cost more now than when I sold it in 1987.

1985 Nissan 200sx Turbo - Fast and fun little car. Surprised I did not kill myself driving this thing.

1987 Labaron Convertible - owned this car for 2 months. Purchased it as a repo, sold it after 2 months and made a very healthy profit.

1993 Honda Accord - put 90K on this car and all I ever did was change the oil. Damn Dependable.

1995 Mustang Cobra - Purchased new. Put motorsport headers, cat back exhaust, hurst shifter, 3.55 gears, and a strut tower brace on this car, and it would haul ass.

1992 Explorer 4X4 - inherited from my dad after he passed. Transmission went out at 80K. Traded it in on the Mustang, and with the transmission out, I was taken to the cleaners on the trade.

1998 Ford F150 Crewcab Stepside 4X4 - Purchased new. I loved this truck, but it was totaled in a bad accident three years after I bought it. It had 58K miles on it when it was totaled, and I received 4k less on my insurance settlement than what I paid for the vehicle brand new. Talk about holding your value.

1993 Mercedes 190 2.6 - nice second car. Traded it in on a Acura.

2001 Acura CL - Type S - Purchased new. I loved this car. 260HP and a very nice ride, but had to trade it in on something bigger after my son was born.

2001 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4X4 - Purchased new in June of 2000 to replace my other truck that I totaled. I still drive it, and with 125K it still runs like a champ.

I been through a few other vehicles, but my wife drove those the majority of the time, so I did not list them.

My next one should be some time this year.
Old Main
AG
1968 CHEVROLET CAMARO - My first car in high school in 1982. It was a SS 396 with 325 horsepower. Butternut yellow with a black bumblebee stripe. It had a rare power window option and parchment interior. This was my first car and I've liked the first generation Camaros ever since.

1982 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO - Dad said I had to sell the Camaro and get a "college car" for A&M. The car was beige and had t-tops, so it wasn't so bad.

1986 FORD THUNDERBIRD - My first and only Ford. I have always been a Chevy guy, but I really liked this Thunderbird. It was red with dark red interior and was a solid car. Of course by the mid 1980s Thunderbirds had lost most of what made them great in the past.

1987 FORD TAURUS - Family car that was handed down to me. I hated this car. It often just died when I was driving and the steering wheel would lock up and I would be stranded in the middle of nowhere. The car wouldn't do anything. Unfortunately this happened more than once. Worst car I ever drove

HONDA ECONOMY CARS - I had two of those Honda economy cars. Honestly I don't even remember the model name.

1992 CHEVROLET CORVETTE - Dark red metallic with grey interior. This was my first Corvette and I really enjoyed this car. I like the way the clamshell hood worked and looked.

1995 TOYOTA CELICA - Red with black interior. Solid car that was still worth something when I sold it with over 100,000 miles on the odometer.

2000 TOYOTA CELICA - Blue with the new body style. I think Toyota really did a good job with the Celica. I can't believe they are not making them anymore in the U.S.

2001 CHEVROLET CORVETTE - 6-speed coupe. Navy Blue with black interior. I totaled this car three weeks after I bought it. The car really protected me - in the photos it looks really bad.

2001 CHEVROLET CORVETTE - Bought almost the same car again. Navy Blue with tan interior. 6-speed car that now has headers, a cold air intake, and lots of modifications. My current driver.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 1/15/2007 11:29a).]
aggiepaintrain
AG
78 Olds Delta 88
84 Olds Cutlass Supreme
1990 Ford Taurus
1996 Chevy 1/2 ton Ext Cab
1995 Honda Accord EX
97 Jeep Grand Cherokee
94 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi
1992 Honda Accord
94 Toyota Camry
96 Toyota Camry
97 Toyota Land Cruiser Supercharged- never should have sold this one.
96 Lexus Lx450
94 Lexus Es300
01 Lexus Gs300
2000 4Runner Ltd
2000 Lexus Lx470
1997 BMW 318i
2002 BMW 525i
04 Toyota Sienna Ltd
06 Honda Odyssey *
06 Ford King Ranch Expedition
02 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
02 Nissan Frontier Double Cab

07 Toyota Tacoma DCab PreRunner TRD *
05 Toyota Tundra DCab

*Currently own.
(for now)

91AggieLawyer
AG
1976 Chevy Impala -- first car handed down to me. Long as a city block, but with a reliable (and fast) 350 and decent sized interior. I didn't really like it at the time and never missed it.

1982 Datsun 200SX -- had wanted one for years and finally bought one used. Ironically, I went looking for a coupe and ended up with a hatchback. The luvers on there made it very sporty and it was a cool looking car. With only me inside, it had some pep and drove well, but with 3 other people, it bogged down. Repair bills on it were fairly expensive, and I was still in college, so I decided to trade it for my Dad's pickup and let him trade this in on what he wanted.

1987 Chevy S-10 PU: Had the small v-6 and was a very basic interior (i.e. manual everything). It came in handy for moving and got me through college without spending a fortune on repair bills, but that was about its only good quality.

1996 Chevy Tahoe: Good vehicle with 350. Started requiring maintenance after about 70K. At about 55K, I put bigger BFG all terrain tires on it and it rode much better. The interior was bigger than my subsequent Tahoe.

2003 Chevy Tahoe: I sort of wish now I had gone for an Avalanche, but this has been a good vehicle with no problems for just over 4 years. I was a little worried about the 5.3 engine vs. the older 350, but its been fine. VERY smooth ride. Interior is smaller than previous vehicle.

I tend to keep cars for a while and probably won't replace this tahoe for about 4 more years.

2018 Update (based on someone's bump!):

I did, in fact, keep the Tahoe for "about 4 more years." 5 to be exact.

2013 4Runner Limited: Bought this at the end of 2012. I liked the car but I overbought. I wanted leather, power seats, etc. and that didn't come in the SR5. To which I got things I didn't necessarily want: sunroof, 20" wheels, etc. The 4Runner is a great vehicle and I will probably own another one at some point, but I had to let this go, especially when I decided a truck would be a better fit.

2014 Tacoma: As with the 4Runner, this was a 4x4, which I rarely used. However, I was pretty glad I got it as in the 20 or so months I owned it, it hardly depreciated. Again, Toyota does some really bizarre things with some of their vehicles, as I couldn't get leather or power seats with this one. I could live with that, but this made a TERRIBLE highway vehicle and with my parents aging and needing to go to Waco more often, I decided I needed to go back to a car for the first time since 1990.

2013 Maxima: I drove a 2014 rental about 2500 miles around the southeastern US in mid-2015 and that was enough for me to like the vehicle on the highway. At the end of the year, I decided to go ahead and buy one as the Lexus place couldn't ever find me the right 2-3 year old Lexus I wanted. When they drove this around and I drove it, I made a ridiculously low offer and they damn near accepted it on the spot! I paid a little over half of invoice for a 2 year old car with only 32K miles. It is still a great highway car and I'll soon put anohter 2500-3000 miles going west (young man).
BigRobSA
1989-1991: 1983 Dodge Ramcharger(two-tone-brown)- I bought it right after I started college. It had been abused so it ate my lunchmoney for repairs but saved my life several times over.Was my first stereo vehicle also. I drove it like I stole it. Great vehicle. Only got rid of it after some drugged up idiot hit me on 410E by Ingram Park Mall. He went from 60-0 really fast when his little coche hit my rear end. His car was totaled, my truck needed some rear hatch repair and fresh paint.

1991-1999:1990 Ford Tempo(Maroon)-first car I financed. An utter POS when it came to front ends. I replaced 2 and it needed a third (at around $1100 a pop) when I let it sit on UTSA's campus from 1996-1999.Finally surrendered it, paid off the very little I still owed on it.

1995-1999:1977 Impala(Gold)-had a big, bored-out 350 with all sorts of mods, etc. Had a 2" lift, but with all the subs, etc in it it sat about 3" off the ground. :-) Good car, was stolen and stripped April of 1996. Let it sit in Aunt's backyard garage until 1999 when I traded in on the next car.

1996-1999:1979 Olds Delta 88 Royale(White)-Dad's car, had started taking care of him, so I used his while I was carless. Solid car, little problems. Also traded this in on next car.

1999-2002:1997 Ford Taurus(White)-Decent car, solidly built from a safety standpoint. Took a full-size Chevy p/u hitting me in the side and only one small dent.Finally got rid of it due to tranny failing. Traded in on my truck.

2002-2004:2002 Ford F-150 Sport Supercab(Red)-awesome truck. No problems at all.

2004-present:2004 Mustang GT Convertible (Sonic Blue)- AWESOME car. Superfast and superfun to drive. I have only been beaten by a Vette, and it wasn't walking away.

2006-Present:1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4(White)-had to buy this when I moved to Iowa in the middle of winter. Mustang doesn't see snow!

[This message has been edited by BigRobSA (edited 1/15/2007 12:04p).]
racerfink
'81 Chevy X-11 First car, bought it off my dad. Other than throw-out bearings and heater cores, a very reliable car. Sold it at 135k to my good friend, when his wife put a hole in the oil pan of his Caprice, and still drove home with the oil light on.

'87 Chevy Z-24 Not much different than the X, but I bought it while I still had the X, and didn't need two cars. Other than the throw-out bearing, very reliable. Traded in at 187k for the truck.

'72 Corolla Bought off a friend of mine as a parts car for the '73 my dad and I were racing. Never got to drive in on the street. I still own it, but have no idea where it is these days.

'84 Fiero 2M4 Bought to turn into a race car, when my dad sold his Toyota. Water pump was bad, and they still drove it, cracking the block in the process. Wish I would have checked that before I built the motor... After that, a good handling, down on power race car. Sold to make room in garage for other race car.

'84, '85, '87 Fiero's All parts cars, the '87 actually drove, but I never put it on the street. The '84 and '85 had no motors.

'96 Chevy Ext cab 1500 Optioned exactly like I wanted, I bought this one in Jan. of '99 with 100k on it. Now has 213k, and runs great. Still have.

2-'90 Miata's Bought the first one for $1700 to turn into a race car. Liked driving it on the street so much, bought another one when I put a cage in the first one. Still have both.
intmedag
AG
1967 VW Beetle
1966 Ford Cortina
1967 Ford Cortina
1982 Honda Prelude
1990 Eagle Talon
1996 GMC Yukon
2002 Nissan XTerra
2007 Mustang GT Vert
dleonard
1996-2005: 1996 Mustang. Never required any work, had to sell it because of a baby at 90K miles.

2003-2006: 1996 S-10. Great little truck, very fast with the 4.3 V6. Sold because of baby with 86K miles for a profit.

2005-present: 2001 Impala. Wife's car, had to replace transmission under warranty. She loves it.

2006-present: 2002 Silverado Extended Cab. Great truck so far, bought with 40K miles on it and no problems.
Texas 1836
AG
1974 Ford Galaxy 500 - 4 doors, pea green, 400ci engine. Nick named the Pea Bomb. Got from Mom, sold to Cousin

1981 Toyota Celica - Bought from friend in 84. Put 140k on it. Then totalled it. Loved it. Many trips to and from A&M.

1982 Jeep CJ 5 - Bought from a neigbor in 87. Just Empty Every Pocket is true. still have it. Sitting in the 3rd bay waiting to be fixed ... again. Drove it til 82. It sat on my Dad's farm for about 12 years.

1992 Toyota 4x4 Pickup bought new. Loved it. Sold to Dad with 120k.

1995 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 - bought new. Loved it. Sold with 150k to good friend.

1999 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 - bought new. Still have it with 200k.

Next purchase .... maybe a new FJ40 or the new 07 Tundra.
swiffert
94 blazer
98 1500
06 silverado vortec max
tiny94
1985 Nissan Pulsar (P.O.S)
1990 Chevy Cavalier
1988 Range Rover
1998 Mazda Protege
1999 Mazda 626 LX
2001 Mazda Tribute
2003 Mazda 6
BarnacleScraper
AG
1982 F-100 - pretty good truck
1986 Bronco - good truck but lots of maintenance
1993 Suburban 4x4 Regency Conversion - great truck but started to give me problems
1999 Tahoe LT 4x4- POS will never own another one. 4 sets of brakes, one transmission replacement, AC leaked water inside of the vehicle all within 60k miles (bought it brand new)
1996 Audi A4 quattro - great car sold it to a friend who still owns it and has put nearly 100k miles on since he bought it. No problems with it
2001 Suburban Z71 - best truck I ever owned - 190K miles and still going strong. Replaced only the brakes, tires and battery. Everything else is original from factory
2000 E320 - great car (bought it for the wife)

[This message has been edited by BarnacleScraper (edited 1/15/2007 2:35p).]
ATL Aggie
AG
It might take OleArmyBQ68 a week to reply to this topic...
Boozoo
AG
He should probably just link to a zip file.

Mine:

1955 Chevy 2dr wagon Pounded a lot of pavement with this one. Embarrassed a lot of would-be hotshots with it, too. Still have it... it's now Project #1.
1978 Celica for going off to school - totalled by a drunken azzclown coming the other direction before I ever got to school.
1983 Celica (HowdyMobile 1). Sold at over 200K on the clock
1971 Skylark. Was going to be my 455 sleeper car until divorce and move forced sale (and deciding that working on Buicks gave me anger management problems).
1995 Nissan truck. Moved me to Indy. Traded in at 150K miles.
1999 Silverado - my current truck and project car hauler. AKA Maroonarado.
1969 Plymouth GTX - Toy #1, destined for sale before too much longer.
1948 Austin Dorset - Project #2, destined to be a 1962ish gasser
1937 Terraplane - Project #3. Cut-in-half car that's destined to be merged with 1947 Hudson pickup to make a '37 T-plane pikcup.

[This message has been edited by Boozoo (edited 1/15/2007 4:03p).]
SA-AG72
AG
1928 Model A 2 dr Sedan
1963 Dodge Dart 2 dr hardtop
1964 Chevy Nova 2 dr hardtop
1966 Mustang 2+2
1967 El Camino
1970 Chevelle Malibu
1972 Oldsmobile Delta 88
1974 Malibu Classic
1974 Mercury Capri
1983 Mercury Cougar
1987 Mazda B2000 Cab Plus
1991 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight (POS)
1994 Honda Accord EX 2dr
1998 Ford Super Cab Lariat
2002 Ford F150 XLT Super crew
2004 Ford Focus Wagon
2005 Ford Freestar Van
2006 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew
2007 Ford Escape
2008 Ford Fusion SEL
2010 Ford Taurus SEL
2005 Ford Thunderbird
2012 Focus SEL sedan
2012 Ford Edge SEL
2013 Ford Escape SE
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Added:
2017 Ford Edge (totaled 12/22)
2002 Ford Thunderbird
2021 Lexus ES300h

[This message has been edited by SA-AG72 (edited 6/24/2012 10:49p).]
SpicewoodAg
AG
SAAg72 - but what did you think of all those interesting vehicles? Dodge Dart! 1974 Mercury Capri - I really liked the German built Capri of that era, especially the v6.

[This message has been edited by SpicewoodAg (edited 1/15/2007 6:15p).]
OleArmyBQ68
AG
Okay, here we go.
1.'56 Olds Rocket 88

aw, never mind.
Sorry
The Fife
1978 Delta 88: Inherited it from my grandpa with unknown (~200K? miles). It barely ran at the time and had a cracked transmission housing. Always broke down and I only drove it during high school.

1970 F-100: Also grandpa's... think he got it to move things around his farm. I wanted to save up one summer when I got a decent paying job to get a 300Z to drive my jr year at A&M but the $$ wasn't there. The truck had been sitting, occasionally running for 15 years and the inspection expired 8 years prior but somehow I got it back on the road with a couple of days to spare before moving back to College Station for the fall semester. Still own it and it runs great. I'll restore the thing someday.

2000 Celica GT-S: Bought new in July 2000, just hit 40K miles. Fun car but the belt is a huge pain to change.

1987 Porsche 924S: A friend spent his college money on this instead of school, he drove it for a couple of years and the timing belt broke (interference engine). It sat abandoned at his mom's house for 4 years and I bought it just before she was going to scrap it. I rebuilt the engine and cought it up on maintenance, and now it makes a great daily driver.
Raptor
AG
1984 Ford bronco II Passed down to me from my father who doesn't drive anymore. Taken out by a garbage truck at 55mph.

1992 Pontiac Grand Am Fun car, but I wrecked it and drove it to death. Sold for $400 in 1998.

1991 Mitsubishi Montero College car that was a blast to go off roading with, but I drove it to death. Sold it for $500.

2003 Mazda Protege My first "new" car and I nearly drove it to death. Sold it for $4500 in 2006.

2006 Scion xB My new baby!!!! Currently driving it as nice as possible...
dleonard
I'd love to have SA-AG's 66' 2+2.
Temple Ag
'79 Chevette (1986) - 1st car given to me by a family friend. POS, but what expected from a 7 year old Chevy Chevette? Totaled it 4 months later by running it into a brick mailbox after a grueling 8 hr shift sacking groceries at Randall's.

'82 Toyota Corolla (1987) - Turd Brown. very reliable and sporty, but I wanted a blue one. Steering went out in 1989.

'88 Hyundai Excel (1989) - White and attractive car, but I knocked the rear bumper off of it by backing into a Cadillac. More like a Bic lighter, I used it up and sold it in 1992 for $500.

'92 Mazda 626 (1992) - My 1st new car and college graduation gift to myself. I drove it like hell and destroyed the transmission. I also wreaked it twice.

'99 Toyota Rav4 (1999) - Traded in my beloved Mazda so my wife could enjoy a new car. Hands down, the best vehicle I ever owned, but I never got to drive it, I instead got her:

'93 Chevy Cavalier ('99) - Wife brought her 1st car into the marriage. As all Chevy's have: terrible trim and interior. The car mechanically held up surprisingly well. Most likely the best Chevy I ever had (sad).

'00 Toyota Tundra ('00) - Great vehicle, sadly I flipped it twice in bad weather on highway 6. Walked away without a scratch.

'03 Chevy Tahoe ('03) - Top of the line. Could not believe I payed $29K for a $42k sticker. Now I know. Hands down the biggest POS I have ever owned. All the bling is falling apart. The radio, AC, and electric seats are currently broken. I still have a year and a half of payments left on it. I should have bought the Sequoia.

'04 Honda Pilot ('03) - It has been a great vehicle for my wife. Only complaint is the exterior is easily dented (more likely, my wife does not know how to park it).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.