Houston
Sponsored by

JJ

13,065 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Boo Weekley
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think the reason most dudes that hate on JJ do so is because most chicks seem to want his peen.

Same reason we hated boy bands as kids.
7nine
MelvinUdall
You do realize that there are plays that are designed for JJ on the offense and that he has to be prepared to go in, having his helmet on is not grandstanding. Some of y'all are so serious about a game and a player.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
You do realize that there are plays that are designed for JJ on the offense and that he has to be prepared to go in, having his helmet on is not grandstanding. Some of y'all are so serious about a game and a player.
Some of us that played football and actually played both sides of the ball know that you need to be ready at all times. The ones that sucked were scrambling to find their helmets when they were actually needed to go in for a play while we came out to get taped up or to get our fingers put back in place.
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
Some of us that played football and actually played both sides of the ball know that you need to be ready at all times. The ones that sucked were scrambling to find their helmets when they were actually needed to go in for a play while we came out to get taped up or to get our fingers put back in place.

No, no, no, I have learned on TexAgs that it is grandstanding and that JJ forced his way on the field, try and keep up.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
My high school coach didn't let us take our helmets off on the sidelines, so even scrubs like me were "ready" at all times. Then your position coach would tell you to get ready to go in and the coordinator would overrule him so you just looked like a dufus.
redag06
He's notorious for celebrating sacks when the TEAM is down by 10 or more points.
MelvinUdall
Oh the lifecycle of an athlete, from fan favorite to picked a part.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
Yeah I am sure y'all would avoid marketing yourself and making money if you were JJ, you would simply just turn down money and stay away from the spotlight.
Not too long ago one of the bigger knocks on Houston was that there wasn't a lot of endorsement and marketing opportunity for pro athletes here - made it harder to get them to come here as a result.

Now that one of them is opening up the market, he gets berated for doing so.

And newsflash to those complaining about him on social media - if it's that traumatic, just quit following him on twatter, facebook, instagram, myspace and whatever other social media program you use like a 13 year old girl. It's amazing how little you really see of him when you don't follow his every move every chance you get. I see him on commercials occasionally, pretty much for HEB these days. Shockingly, it has not really had any effect on my day to day existence.
MichaelJ
AG
If you're tired of his social media presence, then unfollow him. It's that simple.

Agree with above people who have stated "what won't you ***** about".

For christ's sake he is slowly working his way to an all time great and you are hating on the guy because he is generous with his time in the community and posts about his workouts? GTFO
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Preach. I occasionally hear the sports radio idiots complaining about his media presence, but I find it remarkably easy to ignore if you're not e-stalking him.

I did like that ice cream commercial with his mom. She seems like a nice lady.
aTm2004
AG
I see more Biggio commercials for HEB than I do of JJ, but that will change come football season. The one thing I like about JJ is that he still does the HEB commercials, even though he's obviously bigger than a regional supermarket chain. He's stuck with them, which says a lot about him.
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
quote:
I understand being ready at all times - I played 2A ball and never left the field.

What he appears to do is slightly different. I wish I could remember the game, but I distinctly recall him getting in front of the camera, jumping up and down, bugging the coaches and forcing his way in. Whatever play was called for him failed because it was obviously going to him and they had settle for a field goal.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I understand being ready at all times - I played 2A ball and never left the field.

What he appears to do is slightly different. I wish I could remember the game, but I distinctly recall him getting in front of the camera, jumping up and down, bugging the coaches and forcing his way in. Whatever play was called for him failed because it was obviously going to him and they had settle for a field goal.

They were in a goal line situation, which there are plays for him. Given the TD's he had a couple of seasons ago by playing TE in that situation, why wouldn't he want to go in and why wouldn't the coaches put him in? But I guess you *****ed about his TD's too.
MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
Yeah I am sure y'all would avoid marketing yourself and making money if you were JJ, you would simply just turn down money and stay away from the spotlight.
Not too long ago one of the bigger knocks on Houston was that there wasn't a lot of endorsement and marketing opportunity for pro athletes here - made it harder to get them to come here as a result.

Now that one of them is opening up the market, he gets berated for doing so.

And newsflash to those complaining about him on social media - if it's that traumatic, just quit following him on twatter, facebook, instagram, myspace and whatever other social media program you use like a 13 year old girl. It's amazing how little you really see of him when you don't follow his every move every chance you get. I see him on commercials occasionally, pretty much for HEB these days. Shockingly, it has not really had any effect on my day to day existence.

Amen, Heaven forbid if he ONLY gets 13 sacks this year, I can already hear about the lack of focus in the offseason and all his self promotion caused him to lose focus. It truly is remarkable what people will b**** about regarding professional athletes.
Ag_07
AG
You guys using your 2A glory days to relate to JJ and playing in the NFL

Keep it up tine board!!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I'll never understand why people complain about celebrating or grandstanding in pro sports.

And don't tell me it has a corrosive effect on youth sports, because it's usually the parents starting crap there.
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

They were in a goal line situation, which there are plays for him. Given the TD's he had a couple of seasons ago by playing TE in that situation, why wouldn't he want to go in and why wouldn't the coaches put him in? But I guess you *****ed about his TD's too.
Why not? Ever hear of telegraphing plays? If the situation and matchups didn't favor placating your star, then maybe you don't put him in.

No one *****ed about his TD's. Ridiculous straw man.

And no one is comparing 2A ball to JJ. It was brought up as to why he has his helmet on when the O is on the goalline.
HtownAg92
AG
This is the play I was thinking about. The article puts in on O'Brien, so it may not have been JJ's doing. But JJ was pretty animated before the play to get in if I recall. And this answers why you don't put him in sometimes.

JJ
MichaelJ
AG
quote:
This is the play I was thinking about. The article puts in on O'Brien, so it may not have been JJ's doing. But JJ was pretty animated before the play to get in if I recall. And this answers why you don't put him in sometimes.

JJ

God forbid a guy want the ball in his hands with the game on the line.
That's what studs do
Boo Weekley
quote:
quote:
He's the hardest working steroid and HGH user in football. Hands down.

I admire the guy and wish the league was filled with more positive role models of good character like him. But I have to laugh when people act like he's all natural and just a product of a strong work ethic.
When you say "all natural," what do you mean by that? Are you saying that he's doing it on only chicken and brown rice, or that he's taking supplements as well? A guy I played football with in HS is a DE in the NFL and he recently posted his "daily supplements," which look like a small GNC. He has trainers who work with NFL athletes and know what's approved vs. what's questionable, and he uses every advantage that's available to improve himself, and I don't think JJ is any different. If there's a supplement that he takes pre, post, and during a workout that's approved by the NFL, I'm not going to fault JJ or anybody for taking it. At the end of the day, these guys are solid muscle running into other guys of solid muscle. If they can take something that makes them quicker off the line, a bit stronger, or able to recover quicker, I'm OK with it, as long as it's approved by the league.
These guys are all on way more potent stuff than GNC supplements, which are mostly worthless.

This was stolen from another poster on a diff forum who seems to have pretty in-depth knowledge of this stuff:

quote:
Designer steroids are designed in such a way to cheat these tests. Things like the cream and the clear, cheque drops, etc. are just some of the examples that are much more complex than test-c. Generally the methods for sports like track are to time your cycle such that your test levels come in at just below the limit so you get the full benefit from the muscular increase. Designer steroids also have extremely short half-lives so they simply don't stay in your system for long at all such that unless you're tested within hours of taking them, you won't detect them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_cream

quote:
Quote:An affidavit from the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) reveals that "the cream" was a composition of testosterone and epitestosterone designed to increase the natural level of the steroid testosterone while not disrupting the ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone, a common metric used in traditional drug tests.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_cream#endnote_wp1][1][/url]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A33774-2004Dec3_2.html

And this was back in the early 2000s. As far as I know, no one has ever tested positive for either the cream or the clear.

Since the, designer steroids have moved well beyond the above. It's an enormous industry around the world that is growing all the time especially since steroids are legal in just about every country except the US.

https://www.reddit.com/r/steroids/wiki/compounds/list

There is a partial list of what is out there now and as you can see there are A LOT of compounds out there.
MelvinUdall
I suspect most NFL players use some sort of performance enhancing drug, if we were to strip all performing enhancing drugs from the NFL I would guess JJ would be one of the best defensive players in the league. Much like Lance Armstrong, he was the best cyclist amongst all of the cyclist, they all doped.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
These guys are all on way more potent stuff than GNC supplements, which are mostly worthless.

I know. It was a comment about the amount of stuff for his "daily" supplements.
Boo Weekley
quote:
I suspect most NFL players use some sort of performance enhancing drug, if we were to strip all performing enhancing drugs from the NFL I would guess JJ would be one of the best defensive players in the league. Much like Lance Armstrong, he was the best cyclist amongst all of the cyclist, they all doped.
Agree. I was not trying to take anything away from him. He's one of the top players in the league no question and he couldn't be a better role model.

MelvinUdall
quote:
quote:
Agree. I was not trying to take anything away from him. He's one of the top players in the league no question and he couldn't be a better role model.

I know what you meant by your post, I was giving my thoughts to what you posted. My best guess is that he is unlikely to be caught if he hasn't been caught already, see Brian Cushing. Unless he decides to hang on longer than he should, he has stated he will hang it up when he feels he not at the top of his game, then it is unlikely he will ever be caught.
Boo Weekley
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know what you meant by your post, I was giving my thoughts to what you posted. My best guess is that he is unlikely to be caught if he hasn't been caught already, see Brian Cushing. Unless he decides to hang on longer than he should, he has stated he will hang it up when he feels he not at the top of his game, then it is unlikely he will ever be caught.
Yep, almost all players in the NFL are using PED's and they are very rarely caught. Cushing must have been an idiot, or just very very unlucky.
pilgrim82
AG
What is the current social commentary...liberals see something they don't agree with and they have to ***** and moan about it; conservatives see something they don't agree with and they just walk on by?
MelvinUdall
Did you see him on Hardknocks, guy couldn't spell. Quite frankly I am going to miss Hardknocks with the Texans this year, if for no other reason than to watch Wilfork and to see his teamates and O'Brien give him **** about the body issue.

I will add one more thing on Cushing, I truly believe the guy worked hard in HS and the early part of college and maximized his body to what he could do. I think he needs PED's more than most, and unlike JJ would not be a good defensive player if not for PED's, meaning if no one did them, he would be out of the league.
BMX Bandit
not understanding the critcism or debate

of course he does it for attention

so what?
Ezra Brooks
AG
you mean so Watt?
MelvinUdall
Ornlu
AG
quote:
Jesus Christ, what wont you ****ers ***** about?

Here you have a guy that works his ass off, is a very visible positive role model and whom genuinely seems to give a **** about the community and hasnt done a single thing worthy of hate....and you still find a way to hate him.

I can only surmise it is because your wife or girlfriend looks like she just broke her water when he is on TV and she calls out his name whilst rubbing one out in the shower and you just cant stand it.
Serious, serious post-of-the-year material right here.
HtownAg92
AG
I don't think anyone said they hated JJ, or anything close. Some said they were tired of his act and overexposure. This caused an uproar of butt-hurt by many who feel that it is absolutely off limits to ever criticize someone like JJ for anything.

As a comparison (and peace offering), I offer Charlotte McKinney. She is everywhere and overexposed, but we still love her for what she brings to the table.

jetch17
AG
byfLuger41
AG
+1
MichaelJ
AG
quote:
I don't think anyone said they hated JJ, or anything close. Some said they were tired of his act and overexposure. This caused an uproar of butt-hurt by many who feel that it is absolutely off limits to ever criticize someone like JJ for anything.

As a comparison (and peace offering), I offer Charlotte McKinney. She is everywhere and overexposed, but we still love her for what she brings to the table.

Love me some Charlotte always a welcome addition.

It's fair to criticize an athlete. Even jj. But people are complaining about his Twitter or Instagram. Just unfollow

As for commercials. What the eff do you expect? He is the biggest star on the local team. Any team for that matter. He is going to do commercials. This isn't Matt schaub and advantage bmw. This is a league wide respected athlete. Of course he is going to be featured prominently in Houston, you morons.

You think people in Green Bay are *****ing and moaning about Aaron Rodgers and discount double check?.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.