Houston
Sponsored by

Unimpressive Houston athlete sightings

27,914 Views | 267 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Texan_Aggie
aggiederelict
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Odd that you mention Pat Zachry. My wife is his physical therapist and she sent me a pic the other day of his championship ring. He seems like he would be a cool guy to talk baseball with and have a beer.
HtownAg92
AG
aggiederelict said:

Odd that you mention Pat Zachry. My wife is his physical therapist and she sent me a pic the other day of his championship ring. He seems like he would be a cool guy to talk baseball with and have a beer.
That's awesome. Yes, great dude. He gave us so much cool gear from the World Series, including a ball signed by the entire Big Red Machine.

The only people who do not like him are Mets fans. He was traded for Tom Seaver after the first Reds WS win and they don't think they got a good deal.
Sea Speed
AG
Saw caminiti at the houston auto show on Thanksgiving probably 25 years ago.
BillYeoman
I believe the year was 1986 or 1987 and I was randomly at Kenny Burrough's house . I was in middle school and my friend's Dad was a an advisor to athletes. Melvin Bratton and Alonzo Highsmith were there. Both I believe were just finishing up at Miami. I was sick and drank all of the fresh squeezed orange juice in the fridge and fell asleep on Burrough's couch. When I woke up to leave my friend's Dad said "You just missed Earl Campbell and Kenny is pissed you drank all his OJ."
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
I know your post was 7 years ago but Lou Savarese in now the manager of BB's Italia in Sugar Land Town Center. Came by our table 3 times during the night last Friday to chat it up, super nice guy whom I'd heard on the morning radio shows (Stevens & Pruitt, Michael Berry) and seen in many fights over the years. Really nice guy!
MAS444
AG
He's a really nice/good dude.
MJ20/20
AG
Earl Cureton at Cover GIrls
Dies Irae
I saw Nene at Gallery Furniture
AG
Is Rachel Roxxx an athlete? I'm going to say yes... saw her at the Zoo.
Terry Puhl at Pino's sometime in the early 80s.
And I will top Craig Reynolds at Steak and Ale with the one and only Granville Waiters at the Black Eyed Pea in 85 or so.
southwestag
Kenny lived in Northfield then?

Time I met him he was way out in Hockley
BillYeoman
southwestag said:

Kenny lived in Northfield then?

Time I met him he was way out in Hockley

I believe it was in Sugarland
Pahdz
MJ20/20 said:

Winner for most obscure
citizenkane06
AG
He also runs a good boxing gym on Bellaire called Savarese Fight Fit.
fulshearAg96
AG
Gary Peyton at Nordstroms.
maroon barchetta
citizenkane06 said:

He also runs a good boxing gym on Bellaire called Savarese Fight Fit.

Isn't there a place downtown near Toyota center as well?
citizenkane06
AG
Yes, Main Street Gym. He's still affiliated with that one and does training there, but he owns the one on Bellaire.
Dies Irae
citizenkane06 said:

Yes, Main Street Gym. He's still affiliated with that one and does training there, but he owns the one on Bellaire.

Main Street gym is the original, awesome place.
59 South
AG
Yao in the Bunker Hill Best Buy parking lot 10 ish years ago. Random AF. He was just strolling in solo to window shop I guess. We passed each other and he smiled and did a head nod.
TXAG 05
AG
Pahdz said:

MJ20/20 said:

Winner for most obscure

And admitting they were in Cover Girls.
Biz Ag
AG
Saw Vince Young at Del Frisco's in the Galleria. Cheesecake Factory is right across the parking lot so I guess he was lost.
BigAg_12
AG
Paul Wall at Monterrey Tire Center in the Heights. Purple slab with slangas, of course. Left him alone, which he appreciated I think.
southwestag
Met Paul wall on a flight back from Lubbock of all places

Where I grew up on the sw side we had plenty of ex-oiler players in the area - their kids went to Public schools and the dads had regular jobs - only time it was a big deal when Kevin Gilbride showed up to his son's game - he never came until the last one
Texan_Aggie
AG
Saw Omer Asik and his girlfriend at Best Buy. Really tall dude

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.