Houston
Sponsored by

BREAKING NEWS: Anti-Equal Rights Ordinance Petition Loses in Court

12,578 Views | 191 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How does it work? How can horny perverted men who have trouble with women get into these bathrooms? Why can't they just pretend to be a different type of deviant than the one they already are? They can just dress like women and good to go right?
Ryan the Temp
AG
The ordinance is posted for you to read.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
It should take you 20 seconds max to explain why I can't just dress like a female and go hang out in a womens' restroom right now. Cops show up I tell em to f off and quit being pigots.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I'm not going to encourage your laziness. If you want to know how the ordinance works, you can start by reading the ordinance.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
I don't really have time to read through 30 pages of law right now, could you at least point me to the section dealing with men using womens' restrooms?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I don't really have time to read through 30 pages of law right now, could you at least point me to the section dealing with men using womens' restrooms?
There is no such section. In fact, the word restroom does not appear anywhere in the ordinance.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
So men who feel like women cannot legally use the womens' restroom? Tight. Just when I thought this city had gone full tard...
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
So men who feel like women cannot legally use the womens' restroom? Tight. Just when I thought this city had gone full tard...
There is an extraordinary amount of misinformation being spread about this ordinance. Opponents have spent a great deal of time and energy peddling the "bathroom panic" myths.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Please confirm for me that only post-op transexuals, is any at all, can legally use womens' restrooms and that men who just feel like women and dress like women are still forbidden from these restrooms. Just say "yes" if this is confirmed...TIA
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
And I think the whole thing is useless and just enables the gay lobby to be more dramatic, annoying, and lawsuit happy than they have ever been, I am just asking for confirmation that only people with vaginas can use womens restrooms.
Ryan the Temp
AG
You need to go read the ordinance.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Don't have time for 30 pages of reading right now...true or false...only people with vaginas can use womens restrooms???
cajunaggie08
AG
and what has stopped men from using women's restrooms in the past? has your wife been living in fear of some pre-op woman entering the bathroom to do her makeup? Would you rather her in your restroom doing her makeup?
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
quote:
and what has stopped men from using women's restrooms in the past? has your wife been living in fear of some pre-op woman entering the bathroom to do her makeup? Would you rather her in your restroom doing her makeup?
Nope, that's besides the point.
BMX Bandit
"Need for it" is probably the biggest example of the misinformation being spread
Ryan the Temp
AG
Go read the ordinance.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
At one point, the gay powers that be had something about bathrooms in this ordinance right, and then realized how much crazy bad PR it was generating and pulled it right? Or was the bathroom stuff all made up?

Regardless, it's great that people with pen*ses are prohibited from using the restrooms for people with vaginas.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
At one point, gay people had something about bathrooms in this ordinance right,

Nope.
quote:
and then realized how much crazy bad PR it was generating and pulled it right? Or was the bathroom stuff all made up?

The GLBT community was always opposed to any inclusion of specific restroom provisions in the ordinance.

Now go read the ordinance, and if you don't understand it, I can recommend a couple good attorneys you can hire to interpret it for you.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
tl;dr
Ryan the Temp
AG
Willful ignorance.
El Chupacabra
Glad the single issue mayor created a solution to a non existent problem. Meanwhile real problems are not getting solved. Sure glad I'm paying more taxes to help fund her crusade.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
Glad the single issue mayor created a solution to a non existent problem. Meanwhile real problems are not getting solved. Sure glad I'm paying more taxes to help fund her crusade.
I doubt she is a single issue mayor. When she was campaigning, she said she wouldn't push the gay agenda.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Our tax dollars actually went to fund this completely useless ordinance that I refuse to read. Unreal.
cajunaggie08
AG
well if you don't live or dine in houston city limits then your tax dollars didn't go toward any of this.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Have you heard anything about the road repairs? Or, maybe the water line repairs?
Have you heard anything about the crime rate or is the Mayor passing that responsibility onto the next mayor? I noticed that the HPD Februrary statistics had about 7000 crimes reported, including rape, burglary, etc.
Ryan the Temp
AG
You didn't know that the ENTIRE city government came to a grinding halt while the City defended the lawsuit? I heard that Solid Waste was putting stickers on peoples trash cans that said, "We aren't picking up your trash because we are all attorneys and have to go work for the Legal Department right now." I also heard that Public Works didn't fix a single pothole or read a single water meter either. They even shut down the 911 center so that people would die. I mean, after all, it takes every city employee, every firefighter, and every police officer to pass a single ordinance. That's right - not one single function of city government was capable of taking place at the same time as that ordinance. I bet City Council didn't even meet for the last 9 months.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
quote:
Have you heard anything about the road repairs? Or, maybe the water line repairs?
Have you heard anything about the crime rate or is the Mayor passing that responsibility onto the next mayor? I noticed that the HPD Februrary statistics had about 7000 crimes reported, including rape, burglary, etc.
It's one of her priorities. Unlike pushing her gay agenda.
"Personally it's very important," she said, "but, as mayor of Houston, do I want to engage resources in fighting that battle, or do I want to tackle the budget? Do I want to tackle drainage? Do I want to try to put more police officers on the street? It's the difference between the personal and what this city needs."
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/30/us/30houston.html
Panama Red
AG
Solid strawman from RyanTheTemp. A departure from his usual martyr card, but still executed nicely.
Ryan the Temp
AG
It's called sarcasm.
SQXVI
AG
So Ryan, If my 6'6" 300 pound bearded ass walks into a women's ****ter wearing a dress, and I claim I identify as a woman, is that not okay under this system?

You normally don't tap dance around the issue so much but you're being extremely vague. You've always helped us by explaining the minutiae of bills except this time you're telling us to slog through the info.

Why can't you just confess that although "restrooms" aren't covered explicitly, the bill allows any person who identifies with a gender, to use that gender's facilities?
Martin Q. Blank
Can a girl with a wang play on the girls' softball team?
SQXVI
AG
quote:
Can a girl with a wang play on the girls' softball team?
They've got a dude without a wang who fights Women's UFC matches.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Why can't you just confess that you're trolling?

Sorry if you think refusing to entertain every one-off ridiculous goalpost-moving hypothetical some of you folks can conjure up in your imagination is considered "being vague." It's not being vague, it's a waste of my time.

At this point, I will give you the same advice I gave GFF Ag - read the ordinance, and if you don't understand it, hire an attorney to interpret it for you. If you have a specific question as to how the OIG will apply and enforce the ordinance, you should address that question to the OIG.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
The fact that ANY time or $$$ was allocated to this is absurd, much less significant amounts of time or $$$, as was likely the case. Complete waste of time and $$$.
SQXVI
AG
quote:
Why can't you just confess that you're trolling?

Sorry if you think refusing to entertain every one-off ridiculous goalpost-moving hypothetical some of you folks can conjure up in your imagination is considered "being vague." It's not being vague, it's a waste of my time.

At this point, I will give you the same advice I gave GF*** - read the ordinance, and if you don't understand it, hire an attorney to interpret it for you. If you have a specific question as to how the OIG will apply and enforce the ordinance, you should address that question to the OIG.
I'm not trolling a bit. I think this ordinance is extremely vague and your behavior just about confirms as much. You can side step all you want, but it seems it'd be pretty easy to put all of us in our place as you have thousands of time in the past and several times in this thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.