Houston
Sponsored by

HCAD 2015

65,772 Views | 514 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Sooper Jeenyus
cwpaggie07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
So HCAD overvalued me by $60k per Jubally. Still won't knock it down past the 10% cap, but still worth it to fight it.

Cru - I'm getting an error message when i try and purchase the 2015 report.

TIA
Sorry, I'm not going to be able to monitor this thread all day today while working through these little issues that came up from changing all of our code and systems.

If you will, just shoot an email to me (address above or use the contact form on the website).

We saw that issue earlier today and that person cleared their cache and it worked. But please, email us so we can better assist.
Got back from lunch and tried again. I was able to purchase the report. Thanks!
LostInLA07
AG
Cru- just fyi...the contact form on your website is not working for me.
skiag
AG
Jubally says...

quote:
Not enough acceptable comparisons could be found for this property from either county or MLS records.

Said that last year too. Does that mean my house is weird?
Cru
S
quote:
Jubally says...

quote:
Not enough acceptable comparisons could be found for this property from either county or MLS records.

Said that last year too. Does that mean my house is weird?

Often times it means it is just quite different in a relatively major way from other neighborhood properties. Whether that difference is size, age, class, or something else I cannot tell you without knowing which one is yours.

Also, give it some time. We're tweaking our sales records this year in a way that should give us a lot more properties to choose from. Can't elaborate more than that at this time, but once we finish making that change, it should be a very good thing.

Yes, I know the contact form is down. I don't mind at this time due to these small bugs today.
Cru
S
Contact Form should be working now. If anything else pops up, just feel free to use it or email. That's where I'll be for the next 4 months.
sts7049
AG
protest filed, jubally report obtained. ready to fight these b******
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Mine just posted.

30% increase in market, obligatory 10% increase in appraised value.
Diggity
AG
Still pending. Not sure what the holdup is.
agmatt06
AG
Still nothing for me.

If I'm going to let somebody like O'conners protest it, should I just go ahead and start that process now and assume at some point they will actually post?
Cru
S
Have you received a notice at all?

It's your choice, really. You have until June 1st, or 30 days after you receive your notice to decide and to file the protest. At that point, determine if you're going to do it yourself, do it at all, or hire someone other than O'Connor to do it for you.
junior200414
AG
How far back can a HUD statement be used for valuation of a property? I closed on my house January 31, 2014. Can the value from the HUD be used to protest?
texas_aggie
AG
I used JuBally last year but this year when I tried to use it is says "Not enough acceptable comparisons could be found for this property from either county or MLS records." Does anyone else have MLS access that could help me with a few sales comps? TIA. I am in Oak Forest.
Cru
S
texas_aggie,

Would you mind submitting an email or using the website to let us know your property's address?

Values change year to year, all that message means is that there aren't enough available comps which justify a reduction in value. The comp metrics are tight, so the system has to actually find homes which are +/- 7 years in age to your home, of the same grade, 10% +/- the size of your home, and if your home was remodeled, the comps must also have been remodeled. After those are gathered, the adjustments are made and at that point we determine if there were at least 5 county properties that justified a reduction for your home, or at least 2 sales that justified.

Does that make sense a bit?

Again, email us and we can take a closer look if you'd like.

support at jubally dot com
texas_aggie
AG
Cru-

Message sent. Thanks.

I also plan on fighting my home's grade this year and I think I have a pretty solid argument.
Cru
S
texas_aggie, you have an email. Good to go.

Anyone else, HCAD released updated 2015 data to us yesterday and we've placed that into our system. More comps are available at this time, so your value may have gone down, or be generated at this time.
sts7049
AG
so if I ran a report last week does it get updated?
Cru
S
Yes sir it does. We'll be adding the ability for you to refresh your report (at no cost) this week. We've had that in the past, but we completely rewrote the entire system this year and just haven't added that back in yet. We're also creating a script that will alert you when a new value is determined based on new data on our end. That's why we tell people the later in the summer they have their hearing, the better.

New data + beat down appraisers = good news for you.

As always, feel free to just email us and we can manually run a report for you if you don't want to wait. Anything we can do to help, let us know.
sts7049
AG
awesome! I'm in no rush, my informal hasn't been scheduled yet anyway.
MAS444
AG
Added a room and my market value went up 50%. Awesome.
Lupac
AG
I had my informal this morning and was in and out in 5 minutes. I
bought in May 2014 and the value was lowered to purchase price.
Jack Klompus
AG
I went to Jubally and filled out the first set of questions. The value Jubally spit out is about $18K less than our purchase price from June 2014. The market value is about $5K more than what we paid. I'm planning on fighting but I don't know if it is worth it to spend the money on the Jubally report versus just using my HUD.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Apparently Jubally is not "professional" assistance. I tried it out and it rejected my property.
quote:
Sorry, but it looks like you need professional help. This property is not of the appropriate type. We can only support properties with a state code of A1, class structure of R, style code of 101, 106, or 107, and only one building.
LostInLA07
AG
I got the same error. Didn't you build a room over your garage? I'm wondering if that is why it is saying "only one building".
Ryan the Temp
AG
I have a detached garage
Cru
S
I suppose it would be better to say "you need professional representation" since your home is very unique according to HCAD and would require more of a hands on approach that a computer system doesn't accurately handle, thus the message.
Cru
S
quote:
I went to Jubally and filled out the first set of questions. The value Jubally spit out is about $18K less than our purchase price from June 2014. The market value is about $5K more than what we paid. I'm planning on fighting but I don't know if it is worth it to spend the money on the Jubally report versus just using my HUD.
I'd go with your HUD, but we'd work with you on this one if you reached out to discuss regarding our buy back policy.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I suppose it would be better to say "you need professional representation" since your home is very unique according to HCAD and would require more of a hands on approach that a computer system doesn't accurately handle, thus the message.
Well I might need some form of "professional help," depending on which of my friends you're talking to.
Cru
S
Might I recommend another website called Tinder? It also helps with various portion of life's problems.
YellAg2004
AG
quote:
Might I recommend another website called Grindr? It also helps with various portion of life's problems.

FIFY
KW02
AG
CRU - Any idea when Ft. Bend might be ready?

sawemoffshort07
AG
Trying to get setup on HCAD, but I guess I misplaced my paper so I do not have my iFile number. Any other option than wait for HCAD to give it to me again?
Cru
S
quote:
CRU - Any idea when Ft. Bend might be ready?

I can't even tell you how hard we're going. We felt like it would be today, but at this time that isn't looking good. Conservatively, I say this coming Friday.

We've had so many conversations with the appraisal districts because they keep giving us incomplete data. It is so very frustrating. I don't know why some of these districts still won't use an FTP server, or even use our FTP server. They insist on mailing it, and then we have to go right back to them when it's wrong. Starting to think it is a delay tactic on their part.
KW02
AG
Thanks. Would love to use your stuff. Have done it on my own every year in the past but got dicked around last year so want even more solid info.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Just had my value reduced informally to my Feb 2014 purchase price. No peep of a time adjustment.
Diggity
AG
Yeah, I suppose they could try and pull that but the head appraiser told us they would accept anything from last year as far as closing statements.

I finally got my 2015 value and only went up $8K. Hurray for getting my cost and design classification changed last year!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.