Houston
Sponsored by

I have to lose 23 pounds by the end of the month

19,437 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by adamsbq06
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I thought I remember reading that you were rejected? Congrats if things worked out, as I would give my left leg to have been granted a waiver.
I was removed from consideration before the board could consider my application, but the BCMR came back late last month and ordered AFRS to move my application forward. SECAF personally approved my age waiver under the 20-year rule.
pilot
AG
Good luck, Ryan!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
I guess the Houston board needs to get in all their complaints and issues needing to be addressed before the 31st, then!
Time to finally learn the number to 311.
Ag_07
AG
CrossFit bro...Duh
IrishTxAggie
AG
I just blew a whole lot of chunks!! Dude!!! You owe me quite a few beers for seeing that ****!! Is that what happened after your birthday???
Catch
AG
Nah, that was just Halloween 2013.
I've got way worse than that.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I never need to see those...
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
Cigarettes and Diet Coke.

And "regular" coke.
Jock 07
AG
Have fun at maxwell
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Have fun at maxwell
I was told if I get selected, I will hold the record for the oldest OT to go through OTS. My recruiter wants the bragging rights.
Jock 07
AG
I suppose you'll be right at home wearing those gay ass reflector belts and waving around your flashlight wand. Although, to be fair, it he town has gotten a lot better last year when I was there for sos compared to when I was there early 2008 for asbc.
Jock 07
pagerman @ work
AG
Congrats Ryan! You hadn't commented in a while & I was afraid that meant you had been rejected. Very happy to hear you are getting a shot!

Best of luck. And FWIW, see if you can catch a stomach virus. I got one the week of Christmas and lost 11 lbs in about 5 days! Good times!

Ryan the Temp
AG
They are going to send me to Randolph for body fat testing to see how much flexibility they can squeeze out for me. At least I'm down 7 pounds in the last week, and it's not water. The plan is that as soon as I make weight I will go to the recruiting office immediately to get an official measurement.

Anyone have a hot tub I can sit in for a couple of hours to sweat out some pounds? I've heard that's a great tool for MMA fighters to make weight without trashing them out like a sauna does. If I can drop another 10-12 pounds, I can sweat the rest to buy me some time to lose the weight for real.

Stan Crowch
AG
This will get you where you need to be RTT.

Astroag
AG
I'd look into magnesium citrate (you can buy bottle of the liquid at cvs). Plan on staying by the bathroom for a day or two but that will draw out a lot of water weight it works better the more water you drink with it for obvious reasons....

If you need more, you can also do the mma albolene cut (you put it on your body and then take a salt bath or some variations of that)

finally, the dry heat sauna with plastics and sweats will cut some too. Make sure plastics are actually in contact with skin and not over the clothes as the clothes will hold the moisture vs shaking the plastics out and getting rid of the sweat

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Isn't that the stuff they make you drink before a colonoscopy?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Yes.
IrishTxAggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Yes.

Suicide by Sh*t...
agz win
AG
Congrats and can't you get a temp visitor pass to YMCA for sauna stuff?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Congrats and can't you get a temp visitor pass to YMCA for sauna stuff?
I didn't think of that. My gym doesn't have one. Great idea!
g_werch
AG
Three things...

First

Second

There is also a steam room at the YMCA which I prefer over the sauna

Third

Congrats and good Luck!

Zeke1995
AG
quote:
They are going to send me to Randolph for body fat testing to see how much flexibility they can squeeze out for me. At least I'm down 7 pounds in the last week, and it's not water. The plan is that as soon as I make weight I will go to the recruiting office immediately to get an official measurement.

Anyone have a hot tub I can sit in for a couple of hours to sweat out some pounds? I've heard that's a great tool for MMA fighters to make weight without trashing them out like a sauna does. If I can drop another 10-12 pounds, I can sweat the rest to buy me some time to lose the weight for real.

ProTip: Beware of gay men on the Internet asking to use your hot tub.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:

ProTip: Beware of gay men on the Internet asking to use your hot tub.
Stop trying to ruin my game. I have access to a hot tub, but I have some "recruiting" of my own I need to do. We ave quotas, you know.
Texaggie7nine
Sauna is better.
7nine
POW
AG
Go to Walgreens and ask the pharmacist for Bronkaid and get some caffeine pills as well.

You can search the bodybuilding forums for EC stack and learn more about it. Some recommend cycling it.
Wife is an Aggie
My brother is a captain in the marines, pilot, and gay. He says there is a very large number of gays in the military.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
My brother is a captain in the marines, pilot, and gay. He says there is a very large number of gays in the military.
Lots of gay Marines. Ask me how I know ...
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Three things...
First

I do enjoy listening to some Village People
quote:
Second

There is also a steam room at the YMCA which I prefer over the sauna

Tellepsen dowtown? Do they offer day passes or short-term passes?
quote:
Third

Congrats and good Luck!

Thanks. I'm feeling pretty confident I can do this. All roads seem to be pointing to the MMA cutting methods, and if the only thing they care about is what the number on the scale is when I walk in, then I can do that and lose the fat over a longer period of time.

g_werch
AG
I go to Tellepsen and the one off Augusta near the Galleria. Both have a steam room.

They do offer short term memberships and the "word on the streets" is that you can tell them your staying at the Crowne Plaza (Tellepsen Location) to get in for a few bucks a day.
HBCanine08
AG
Let me know what works. I need to lose 20 lbs. Probably more like 30 but 20 is good for now
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Let me know what works. I need to lose 20 lbs. Probably more like 30 but 20 is good for now
Basically what I have to do at this point is "cut" weight so I can "lose" weight over a longer period.

I lost 70 pounds by exercising, eating right, and eating less. I gained 35 pounds back by not exercising, eating poorly, and eating more. I know I can lose the weight necessary to put me within requirements with "real" weight over about two months, but for now, I'm going to do it artificially so I can make official weight quickly.

If you want some ideas for longer term success losing real weight, I'm happy to help you out, and the H&F board is great, as long as you don't get overwhelmed by the volume of differing opinions.
Jaydoug
AG
Meta fast. Weight falls off of you. Seriously.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Meta fast. Weight falls off of you. Seriously.
I'm consuming between 600-700 calories a day and drinking about a gallon of water a day. I have a Slim Fast shake as a nutritional supplement, some vegetables, and 4 oz of lean protiens. It's not that bad, but it certainly isn't my favorite experience, and I expect to be very cranky in a few days. As of today, I'm down 8 pounds in 7 days.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I have a weigh in scheduled for January 20th. At least that gives me a four-day weekend to prep for it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.