Houston
Sponsored by

I have to lose 23 pounds by the end of the month

19,431 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by adamsbq06
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I lost that much in the week leading up to my cut. 10.8 pounds, to be exact. I lost a total of 26 pounds in 15 days, and only 13-14 (max) of it was water.
Ag Tag
My doctor friends use this diet when they have to get a patient to lose weight quickly, for heart surgery. I've tried it and it really works. You just do it 3 days in a row each week, 3 days on, 4 days off, over and over:

Three day diet
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
My doctor friends use this diet when they have to get a patient to lose weight quickly, for heart surgery. I've tried it and it really works. You just do it 3 days in a row each week, 3 days on, 4 days off, over and over:

Three day diet
Can you still exercise on the heart surgery diet? I'm hitting the gym twice a day and I need to make sure I'm not going to kill myself.
SQXVI
AG
quote:
quote:

Three day diet
Can you still exercise on the heart surgery diet? I'm hitting the gym twice a day and I need to make sure I'm not going to kill myself.
You're going to kill yourself if you keep hitting a 3,000 calorie a day deficit. The above diet will do a wonderful job in leeching every bit of water out of your system and giving you an artificially lower weight for a short period of time, but as soon as you start re-hydrating it'll go back up.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Yes, I know. I gained 10 pounds back within six hours after my weigh in on Tuesday.

I have a spreadsheet that calculates my BMR and I'm running a daily deficit of only about 1,000-1,200 calories. It combines my caloric intake, BMR, and calories burned through exercise to give me an approximate expectation of how much weight I should be losing on a daily basis. So far, outside of the water cutting shenanigans, the calculations have proven to be either low or right on the money. If I stick to my exercise projections, I should only need to drop about 5 pounds of water this time.
SQXVI
AG
if you're losing 12 pounds in 15 days of actual non water-weight as referenced by your post above, you're hitting a daily deficit of 2800 calories on average. That is a metric **** ton and since you're not obese, that high of a deficit is really going to take a toll on your body.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I don't know why what I'm doing is working so aggressively, but it is, and I feel great. I did 70 minutes on the elliptical last night like it was nothing. I wasn't even tired or sore afterward. Sometimes I eat what seems to me like a lot of food and it turns out to be only 750 calories for the day.

But maybe it's all in my head since this is so important.
JJxvi
AG
Your nerves are probably shutting down.
Post removed:
by user
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
Your nerves are probably shutting down.
I was thinking the same thing. We should have made him take some cognitive ability tests before he started and kept track of his mental acuity throughout the process.
I didn't have any issues or difficulties throughout the process (thankfully). Concerns about the effects of hyponatremia on nerves and the brain was one reason I began consuming small amounts of pedialyte on the last day.
T Durden
AG
quote:
I don't know why what I'm doing is working so aggressively, but it is, and I feel great. I did 70 minutes on the elliptical last night like it was nothing. I wasn't even tired or sore afterward. Sometimes I eat what seems to me like a lot of food and it turns out to be only 750 calories for the day.

But maybe it's all in my head since this is so important.

Maybe it's those protein shakes you take at night...
pagerman @ work
AG
quote:
I didn't have any issues or difficulties throughout the process (thankfully).

What do you expect someone suffering from cognitive degeneration to say?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
I didn't have any issues or difficulties throughout the process (thankfully).

What do you expect someone suffering from cognitive degeneration to say?
My dad has dementia and he is well aware of what's going on with him.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Wow. Albolene is the real deal. I rubbed myself down with some before the sauna and the sweat just poured off of me. I lost almost 3 1/2 pounds in 45 minutes.

Ryan the Temp
AG
Made weight today.

Thanks for everything, folks.
Texaggie7nine
Awesome! Congrats.

Whataburger time!
7nine
htxag09
AG
Can't imagine the runs fast food would give me after fasting/damn near starving myself for that long....
Post removed:
by user
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Awesome! Congrats.

Whataburger time!

Jock 07
AG
Congrats when do you show up to maxwell?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
If I get selected, any time between 1 February and 13 September
pagerman @ work
AG
Congrats! Really happy for you.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
Well I've only been there in the fall/winter but I'm sure you'll be able to sweat some more out if you're there in the summer.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Well I've only been there in the fall/winter but I'm sure you'll be able to sweat some more out if you're there in the summer.
I have an incredible amount of experience sweating over the last two weeks. I lost 9.8 pounds on Sunday.
Guitarsoup
AG
Were there Oldies involved?

Civen
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I have an incredible amount of experience sweating over the last two weeks. I lost 9.8 pounds on Sunday.
How are you not dead?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
How are you not dead?
Prayer.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:

Three day diet

Pretty sure I would start chewing off my arm hair if I tried that diet.
adamsbq06
AG
I tried it... it sucks...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.