Houston
Sponsored by

59S at 610 Rant

6,080 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by cc10106
Skinny Wrinkles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Same thing happens traveling on the Katy freeway inbound to take the 45S exit. I tailgate the car in front of me for this exact reason.

The people that regularly cut over and then justify it to themselves probably do a ton of annoying things that aren't technically against the law.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
They should put up one of those white fence things toward the end to prohibit this behavior. If they do it on the Katy toll roads, why not here?
That would just back up where people cut in. People cutting in to fill in gaps helps traffic flow. makeshift zipper method.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Same thing happens traveling on the Katy freeway inbound to take the 45S exit. I tailgate the car in front of me for this exact reason.

The people that regularly cut over and then justify it to themselves probably do a ton of annoying things that aren't technically against the law.
I have been wanting for years to put up a concrete barrier starting just under Sawyer so people cant go all the way across or stop dead in the middle of the lane on 10 waiting for one of the people in line to not pay attention to the car in front of them.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
Which law was it again that's being broken?
Crossing the double white line. Again.
Texaggie7nine
I cross long before the double white line.

Though I have been known to cross the double white line when merging onto a freeway and there's an open spot.
7nine
88jrt06
AG
Well, um, pin a rose on your nose?

I was asked, "what law is broken"?
....and it is, hundreds of times a day.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
quote:
Which law was it again that's being broken?

The law of not being an *******
Diggity
AG
I know whenever I'm in line at the bank or a restaurant, I'll squeeze right in if a guy doesn't move up quickly enough. Just more efficient that way.
agforlife97
AG
quote:
quote:
They should put up one of those white fence things toward the end to prohibit this behavior. If they do it on the Katy toll roads, why not here?
That would just back up where people cut in. People cutting in to fill in gaps helps traffic flow. makeshift zipper method.
Exactly, cutting in is fine before the solid line.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
I know whenever I'm in line at the bank or a restaurant, I'll squeeze right in if a guy doesn't move up quickly enough. Just more efficient that way.
Totally different when you are waiting to be serviced.
On a road you aren't waiting to be served, you are simply trying to move from point a to point b as quickly as possible. Those that get in the line and leave big gaps are doing a disservice unless those gaps are being filled. In which case the most amount of traffic is moving through the bottleneck at the most efficient rate. With large gaps staying unfilled, then it becomes a much more inefficient process but hey I guess all that matters is that no one gets their panties in a bunch huh.
7nine
schmendeler
AG
I mentioned that earlier. forgive me for thinking you'd read the whole thread and had something new.
Diggity
AG
quote:
quote:
Totally different when you are waiting to be serviced.
On a road you aren't waiting to be served, you are simply trying to move from point a to point b as quickly as possible. Those that get in the line and leave big gaps are doing a disservice unless those gaps are being filled. In which case the most amount of traffic is moving through the bottleneck at the most efficient rate. With large gaps staying unfilled, then it becomes a much more inefficient process but hey I guess all that matters is that no one gets their panties in a bunch huh.
Not different at all. In one case you have to encounter a person face to face, and in the other you don't.

You can argue all day about how efficient you think you are, but the fact that every time I'm at these intersections there are cars stacked up waiting to cut in tells me it's making things worse. The 10 foot gaps aren't what is slowing you down. If people didn't have to watch out for *******s cutting in from the left, the traffic would move more efficiently...it's pretty simple.
Texaggie7nine
As I already said. Those that cause people in the passing lane to slow down and wait for someone to make room are very inefficient and do cause more delay.

Do not lump those of us that efficiently merge without causing any slow downs in with those jerks.
7nine
Diggity
AG
I will lump in whoever I damn well please!
txaggie_08
AG
quote:
As I already said. Those that cause people in the passing lane to slow down and wait for someone to make room are very inefficient and do cause more delay.

Do not lump those of us that efficiently merge without causing any slow downs in with those jerks.
I'm going to go ahead and say that even though you don't think yourself that you're causing problems, you are. That person that had left that gap is still going to end up braking making all those behind him brake as well. I hate people that do this.
KW02
AG
I was waiting in line on 59S to go 610 north about 1:45 today. Lots of cars were cutting in so I got out of line and cut ahead of all the cars that previously cut. Cutting there is not as big of deal because they really can't complain because they just cut.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:

I'm going to go ahead and say that even though you don't think yourself that you're causing problems, you are. That person that had left that gap is still going to end up braking making all those behind him brake as well. I hate people that do this.
Explain to me how they are going to break when they are not moving? The large gaps are found when the car in front has pulled away while the other is basically at a roll. Usually this is with 18 wheelers. If they applied break when I come over they wouldn't even feel it and there would be no point in breaking anyways.
7nine
Diggity
AG
I think his point is that they are going to leave those gaps regardless, which is true.

anyway, you can keep justifying your crappy behavior. Chances are you will never get ticketed or shot. Just know that I am wishing bad things on you people.
Texaggie7nine
Your hatred is the sacrifice those like me make in order to promote more efficient traffic.
7nine
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
anyway, you can keep justifying your crappy behavior. Chances are you will never get ticketed or shot. Just know that I am learning from my mistake and will not allow a gap in the future.
Another successful texags learning experience. Together we can promote more efficient traffic flow.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
i am seriously debating putting a camera on my truck in case I get in a wreck with one of you sh**heads cutting people off.
schmendeler
AG
well I guess it's possible you could rear end someone, since you're clearly clueless enough to leave enough space in front of you for a car to easily merge into.
john2002ag
quote:
Your hatred is the sacrifice those like me make in order to promote more efficient traffic.

You are literally too stupid to insult.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
KW02
AG
quote:
well I guess it's possible you could rear end someone, since you're clearly clueless enough to leave enough space in front of you for a car to easily merge into.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
people actually think they are serving the greater good of traffic by snaking in.
jetch17
AG
What a gayass thread
88jrt06
AG
quote:
I mentioned that earlier. forgive me for thinking you'd read the whole thread and had something new.
I had read it, already knew it, and re-posted the fact for the benefit of later posters who DIDN'T read the whole thread, as we obviously did. There are others discussing this, you know. Why would anyone need anything NEW? It's the law.

You seem confused, kind sir.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
people actually think they are serving the greater good of traffic by snaking in.
It's a win-win.
schmendeler
AG
You posted it got r the benefit of people who didn't read the whole thread? Right.

Forget the fact that no one on this thread has condoned or stated that they wait till the last minute and crossed the double lines.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
You posted it got r the benefit of people who didn't read the whole thread? Right.

Forget the fact that no one on this thread has condoned or stated that they wait till the last minute and crossed the double lines.
Are you trying to win...something.....?
schmendeler
AG
silly me, I thought you were trying to make a point when you used the term "law-breaking". I see now that you were just talking out of your ass.
88jrt06
AG
silly...and step slow.

Reading is FUNdamental.

Wow.
schmendeler
AG
feel free to explain what you meant, instead of pretending you're above it all after the fact.
Martin Q. Blank
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.