Houston
Sponsored by

59S at 610 Rant

6,006 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by cc10106
justsomeguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone else find it extremely frustrating when drivers get in the 610 S lane and then cut in line to get on 610 N? I do, which is why I always tailgate the car in front of me to not let anyone cut in and then drive in the middle of both lanes when I get closer to 610. These idiot drivers are a nuisance and they must be stopped. When I see someone behind me in line cut out and immediately put their blinker on to cut back on line my blood instantly boils.

Rant over
Martin Q. Blank
If you can't beat em, join em.
CrossBowAg99
AG
It has been that way for YEARS. It is never going to change!
chiken
AG
I travel this road every day. I had to let it go. It's not worth getting upset about anymore. I can't control other peoples stupidity so why waste any effort trying. Maybe you should think of it that way.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
quote:
and then drive in the middle of both lanes when I get closer to 610.

You are impeding traffic and should be sent to a gulag.
justsomeguy
AG
Impede traffic? The idiots that cut everyone off at the front of the line are the ones that cause the traffic to begin with. Cops now sit sometimes at 45 and 59 and write tickets to people doing that but they've never once set up on at 59 and 610. I will continue to "impede" traffic when I see a blinker to cut me or anyone else off. I just can't believe there are that many stupid drivers in this city. DPS really needs to start making people take follow up tests.
Ag_07
AG
Nice guys finish last.

I learned a long time ago you gotta be an a-hole to get around this town.
Diggity
AG
careful....there are posters on this board who feel they are doing the world a service by filling every gap in the exit lane with stunning, Frogger-like precision.
Al Bula
AG
I am glad I no longer have to make that drive daily.

It was infuriating to get caught up in that exit due to slow MFers lollygagging. Then the lane would back up further by assberries shoehorning their way in.
Jackal99
AG
quote:
assberries
New favorite word. I'm gonna have to remember that one.
Jackal99
AG
Also, the exit from the South Loop onto 45 South is horrible for this exact same reason. I hate it with the fire of a thousand burning suns.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
Also, the exit from the South Loop onto 45 South is horrible for this exact same reason. I hate it with the fire of a thousand burning suns.
Eastbound? I cut that one every morning.
KW02
AG
That pisses me off too. They do the same thing on 59N and cut over onto 610N exit.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
If people leave space I am getting in, if you are blocking the other lane, you are causing more of a problem than me.

It's like going to College Station on game day, it's not my fault some people take the exit to 6 at 10mph... I'm getting in there and filling the unused space and not waiting

schmendeler
AG
Get mad at the people who can't keep up with the car in front of them, not the people who fill the gaping holes they leave.

Now, if they stop in the other lane and impede traffic behind than waiting for someone to let them in, that's a different story. **** those people in the ass.
agnerd
AG
quote:
If people leave space I am getting in

If there's not space, will you continue down the freeway to the next exit and U-turn?
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
Nice guys finish last.

Not really. You sound lime a transplant.
schmendeler
AG
There's never not space, but yes. I've had to do that when I got in a lane that wasn't a turn lane and couldn't over.
Alex Bregman
AG
One of my goals is to make one of these people hit a barrel.
ClickClack
AG
quote:
quote:

If there's not space, will you continue down the freeway to the next exit and U-turn?

Yep, at least that's the attitude I have. I've had to do that once because I'm not going to be an idiot that stops and waits there with my blinker on. Either I find a space or I have to waste time U-turning at the next exit.

Is it kind of dewshy that I go to the front? Yeah, kinda, but I just can't stand how slow and inefficient people are going up these ramps. If they're going to be inefficient morons, I'm not going to be held up by them.
JSKolache
AG
That whole area needs to be carpet bombed. Worst traffic in the city 24/7.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
quote:
quote:

There's always someone on their phone, worst cast scenario I have to get a new trailer hitch.
Tom Hagen
AG
quote:
they've never once set up on at 59 and 610
I take the 610S exit everyday. I see motorcycle cops pulling cars over who cut in line to 610N from time to time.
Aggiethruthicknthin
AG
I hate this intersection. Take it every day driving home. My biggest issue is with the people who cant keep up. Put down your darn phone and drive.

On the people who cut in, I dont really care, unless you are one of those people who wait till the last minute, and come to a complete F-ing stop when you cant find an opening, and then back up traffic worse.
schmendeler
AG
it's not illegal to "cut in line". it's illegal to cross a double white line. which is what they are likely pulling people over for.
Ag_07
AG
Hey did yall know the traffic is bad in this city?

Rant over
88jrt06
AG
There should be a cop there every day.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

There's always someone on their phone, worst cast scenario I have to get a new trailer hitch.
I "cut" in line pretty much every day. There's always a sucker on their cell phone or just not paying attention that leaves me a space to swoop into. Saves 5 minutes and I get to laugh at OPs butthurt.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
Get mad at the people who can't keep up with the car in front of them, not the people who fill the gaping holes they leave.

Now, if they stop in the other lane and impede traffic behind than waiting for someone to let them in, that's a different story. **** those people in the ass.
Bingo.

Why sit in a long ass 1 lane line full of idiots on their phones or talking that leave huge gaps in front of them when you can easily get over without causing one extra brake to be applied?

The idiots that slow down and wait to get let in at the last moment or the ones that cut in suddenly causing cars behind them to brake are worthy of tarring and feathering. But the ones that smoothly fill the gaps that are there regardless, they are helping traffic, it just sucks for those that thinks they are playing by the rules and being fair waiting for their turn while watching people fill in the gaps left by the idiots in front of them.

I have on occasion missed my exit and had to go and make a uturn to get back on track, because I do not stop and wait or force my way in. If there is not a full gap that can easily be taken without causing the person behind to brake, then I don't get over.

But that rarely ever happens and it's worth the very few times (maybe 3 or 4 times a year) of inconvenience for the ton of time saved by taking advantage of huge gaps that are pretty much always there.
7nine
88jrt06
AG
quote:
quote:

Bingo.

Why sit in a long ass 1 lane line full of idiots on their phones or talking that leave huge gaps in front of them when you can easily get over without causing one extra brake to be applied?

The idiots that slow down and wait to get let in at the last moment or the ones that cut in suddenly causing cars behind them to brake are worthy of tarring and feathering. But the ones that smoothly fill the gaps that are there regardless, they are helping traffic, it just sucks for those that thinks they are playing by the rules and being fair waiting for their turn while watching people fill in the gaps left by the idiots in front of them.

I have on occasion missed my exit and had to go and make a uturn to get back on track, because I do not stop and wait or force my way in. If there is not a full gap that can easily be taken without causing the person behind to brake, then I don't get over.

But that rarely ever happens and it's worth the very few times (maybe 3 or 4 times a year) of inconvenience for the ton of time saved by taking advantage of huge gaps that are pretty much always there.

I will cause your law-breaking ass to crash...done it before.
..and your ticket.
schmendeler
AG
Which law was it again that's being broken?
Texaggie7nine
I would love to see how you're going to make me crash. Unless you are the idiot that is leaving the giant gap and you accelerate into the back of me after I already safely merged over. In that case you would legally be at fault.
7nine
12thAngryMan
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I "cut" in line pretty much every day. There's always a sucker on their cell phone or just not paying attention that leaves me a space to swoop into. Saves 5 minutes and I get to laugh at OPs butthurt.

Some people leave gaps so they don't have to go from 50 MPH to 10 MPH to 50 MPH back to 10 MPH (hint: you're not getting there any faster).

You can call me a sucker/loser/whatever, but put me in the camp that would rather be considerate and fair on the roads. I like people to let me in when I need to change lanes and I like it when people don't cut me off for no reason; thus, I try to return the favor. I hope you enjoy the 3 minutes you save and the angst you cause everyone else on the road.
12thAngryMan
AG
quote:
Nice guys finish last.

They don't finish last, they're just running a different race. You get to skip the line and arrive home 3 minutes faster and the nice guy gets to believe he isn't a jerk. Win-win...I guess.
agforlife97
AG
They should put up one of those white fence things toward the end to prohibit this behavior. If they do it on the Katy toll roads, why not here?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.