Houston
Sponsored by

HCAD Values

114,153 Views | 772 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by speck3
Lot Y Tailgate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know what day the bloodbath is this year?
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Soon
Ryan the Temp
AG
Ryan the Temp
AG
http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant-Gallon/dp/B005MR3IVO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1426541637&sr=8-2&keywords=55+gal+lube
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
Is the fact that I have a 40ft tree rotting in my back yard and that the ****ter wont flush more than three times cause for reducing value?

...and my house still smells like old people
Mr. McGibblets
AG
For all you commerial property owners, HCAD is changing the land use codes to make it more difficult to run comps for an equity case.

Those silly willies!!!
LostInLA07
AG
quote:
Is the fact that I have a 40ft tree rotting in my back yard and that the ****ter wont flush more than three times cause for reducing value?

...and my house still smells like old people

Mature trees and operable sewer? +25%!
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Word is the values will be released next week or the week after.
aTm_bomb
AG
McGibb, thanks for the info. I have followed this thread but can't recall. What is your story in all of this? You are clearly in the know.

You mentioned it would be another year of major shake ups. What is your feeling on this year vs last? Are they correcting what they consider overlooked from last year or is it another adjustment for the market? seems like they really adjusted for the market last year and it doesn't seem like it changed all that much in the last 12 months.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
quote:
McGibb, thanks for the info. I have followed this thread but can't recall. What is your story in all of this? You are clearly in the know.

You mentioned it would be another year of major shake ups. What is your feeling on this year vs last? Are they correcting what they consider overlooked from last year or is it another adjustment for the market? seems like they really adjusted for the market last year and it doesn't seem like it changed all that much in the last 12 months.
He's really good friends with the Chief Appraiser.
aTm_bomb
AG
Then a 6 pack and a cordial request to lay off would be much appreciated!
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Tempt Mr. McGibblets with something berry flavored, and he might just put a good word in for you.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I like long purple* things.

*could be black to
Ryan the Temp
AG
Did we talk business a while back? If so, we should talk that business again. It would be a worthwhile project.
Mr. McGibblets
Ryan the Temp
AG
Or maybe it wasn't you.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Question for those in the know:

I purchased in July 2013. 2014 values appraised my property at 20% over purchase price. Went to the informal protest, denied. Went to the formal, district didn't even bother to fight; gave me purchase price. Arbitration board was shocked that the informal was so rigid.

Question is: what am I in for this year? Would seem silly to hit me with another significant increase just months after a successful protest. Of course, I'm not counting on common sense...
Ryan the Temp
AG
Market will basically be whatever they want it to be, and tax value will be 10% higher than last year if you have it homesteaded.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
aTm- HCAD will once again push the model as high as it can go for both residential and commercial. Take special note to the land lines bc HCAD knows they can push that value as much as possible and the ARB will do nothing about it. Until we have a 2008 repeat and or the market finally starts to slow down, HCAD will continue on this course.

Sooper- HCAD will state that the market in 2014 was stronger than 2013. They will try to use a time adjustment on your sales price. Most appraisers think the time adjustment is total crap but you have a few that use it bc they have no balls to cut it to the right value. If you get a good appraiser you will get your SP. If you get a ****ty one, then you will get it in the board. Just check the evidence and make sure like properties are still selling close to your original SP.
LostInLA07
AG
I'm sure the taxing authorities are going to reduce their rates when values take another huge jump.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
Is tomorrow the day?
Bondag
AG
Just looked mine up.

PendingPendingPendingPendingPendingPendingPending
Mr. McGibblets
AG
ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edmo
Up another $76,000 this year after a $130,000 increase the previous year representing a 65% total increase. The residential homestead exemption doesn't protect you with the 10% cap the first year it appears. They left the land value alone but raised the "improvement" value. How does that make since? The house was built 1940 and for all HCAD knows, remodeled 1992. At the current improvement price they have the house at ($140/sqft) I could build a brand new house. This can't be right.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Up $62,000 this year, market. Maxed at $22,000 more, tax value.
YellAg2004
AG
Up $84,000/50% on a 50-year-old 3 bedroom condo.

Yay for getting to spend more time to try to keep my money.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
quote:
Up another $76,000 this year after a $130,000 increase the previous year representing a 65% total increase. The residential homestead exemption doesn't protect you with the 10% cap the first year it appears. They left the land value alone but raised the "improvement" value. How does that make since? The house was built 1940 and for all HCAD knows, remodeled 1992. At the current improvement price they have the house at ($140/sqft) I could build a brand new house. This can't be right.
What did you purchase it for? If recently, they are chasing the sale.
MAS444
AG
We added some square footage this past year....and ours is "pending." Afraid to see how bad they're going to f us. I understand that our homestead exemption cap should still apply to existing improvements...but I have a feeling they're going to try to make up for it on the addition...
Ryan the Temp
AG
I suppose the benefit is that my HCAD numbers give me exactly the amount of equity I need for a construction loan without having to get a real estate appraisal done.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
quote:
We added some square footage this past year....and ours is "pending." Afraid to see how bad they're going to f us. I understand that our homestead exemption cap should still apply to existing improvements...but I have a feeling they're going to try to make up for it on the addition...
That's right re: existing improvements. As to the new SF? Prepare your anus.
sawemoffshort07
AG

Up $50,183 market. Hit the 10% cap
Ryan the Temp
AG
My land value is up to $300K - literally double what it was when I bought it 8 years ago.
Dan Scott
AG
Market value up 92K. So another 10% tax increase for me. Mothereffers
Ryan the Temp
AG
I'm guessing this is a fitting image for many of us today:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.