Brazos CAD values are UP! Literally!

12,238 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by K2T2
GunRangeGal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mine went up by $30,000 on a PATIO HOME. This is ridiculous.
SoTheySay
S
I just looked yours up. There are only 3 valued higher than yours and they are significantly larger. Protest.
aggie59
AG
It all starts with your officials elected at the local level,your city and county commissioners,mayor,county judge county commissioners along with school board members they are the ones that spend your money.When elected these people go to seminars on how to pass bond issues,build the most grandoise public structures,I know of no other town in which every high school has its own football stadium(in which 5-6 games a year are played)which are.You need to inquire who pays for the these seminars,Are there ever any workshops on HOW WE CAN DO MORE FOR LESS?You keep on voting these people into office and this is what you get,the spend and tax mentality is greater with our local politicians than it is in Washington,Since the last election this mentality has been infused from the College Station City Council to the Brazos County Commissioners court .
lightswitch
Yep, at this rate people are going to start being taxed out of their homes, no worries though. There are folks ready to buy up your home to rent out to 4+ students/home. So far 2 sold their home on my block.

I read a report that most folks don't have $400 to spend on a unexpected expense.

People breeding like rabbits, so we need those shiny new schools. 2, 4, 16, 32, ...

I'm not sure who is making out on this deal, but I don't think it's the owners of the American Nightmare. House, kids, cars, tuition, work, and the rest of the trappings.

Voting elected officials is a start, but I'm sure the damage has been done.

Have a blessed day!
rcannaday
AG
You should use Jubally , this year it looks like they will be doing Brazos valley. I would also suggest getting your neighbors, and their neighbors to all protest. As each one wins its case, it allows for other properties to lower their values even lower. Domino effect.
PS3D
This must be BCAD's revenge for not getting the funds to move into a larger location.
YellowPot_97
AG
17% in Raintree on a house I've owned less than a year, and a lot more than I paid for it. **** you Brazos CAD! my protest will be coming shortly.
BCSMom
I'm in Raintree as well.
dubi
AG
quote:
17% in Raintree on a house I've owned less than a year, and a lot more than I paid for it. **** you Brazos CAD! my protest will be coming shortly.
just walk in with your appraisal and they will lower it.
CactusThomas
AG
quote:
I know of no other town in which every high school has its own football stadium(in which 5-6 games a year are played)which are.

Good grief, there are 2 high schools. Two!
aggiepaintrain
AG
SumAggie
7.5% on Brothers Blvd in Southwood Valley. Too many tax deals for big developers?
SumAggie
quote:
Up 11.03%, with a HS cap to 10%. First time I've ever seen an HS cap on mine. Enchanted Meadows subdivision.

Edit: Has gone up 24.79% in the seven years I've owned it.
I wish my income had gone up 25% over the past seven years with Obama.... have not had ANY increase in 4 years.
SumAggie
quote:
Supply and demand.
No. An insatiable government greed to fund their grandiose plans....
SumAggie
we are leaving in three years. This is ridiculous.
jja79
AG
quote:
quote:

Closing statement rather than appraisal.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:

Which makes it even worse that they have separate stadiums.
CactusThomas
AG
Nm

Off topic
CS78
quote:
Sure would be nice if rent increased 26%.
I hear you. I've got properties that have been netting about $150 a month. Expenses, taxes, etc are rising faster than rents. I haven't gotten my notices yet but I expect it's going to hurt...BAD. This keeps up, it may be time to reevaluate plans.
texags82
AG
quote:
You should use Jubally , this year it looks like they will be doing Brazos valley. I would also suggest getting your neighbors, and their neighbors to all protest. As each one wins its case, it allows for other properties to lower their values even lower. Domino effect.
I don't find Brazos County on their list. Do you have any other info?
taxpreparer
AG
Does the 10% cap apply to raw land? My mother has 10 acres that went up 59.5% from 2015 to 2016. Non of the adjoining properties land values changed any. All of the adjoining properties have houses that did increase in assessed value.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
James Russell
AG
According to their website, Jubally anticipates being available in Brazos Co. on May 15.
texags82
AG
quote:
According to their website, Jubally anticipates being available in Brazos Co. on May 15.
Thanks. I must be blind
dubi
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Closing statement rather than appraisal.

They changed mine based on a appraisal only.
kraut
AG
quote:
quote:
Supply and demand.
No. An insatiable government greed to fund their grandiose plans....

How is government greed driving the housing appraisals up? By making this area a place people want to live, raise kids and work?

Don't appraisers look at comps in the area, figure a $/SF and apply that to other houses on the block/area? Looking down my street that is exactly what happened to mine.

The Anchor
AG
quote:
quote:
I know of no other town in which every high school has its own football stadium(in which 5-6 games a year are played)which are.

My kids are younger than school aged, but I'm pretty sure we have 4 public high schools in BCS and three of them have their own football stadium. Maybe you're referring to just CS or just Bryan? I read the quoted statement as meaning BCS when they said "town". Maybe I'm misreading their intent.
CactusThomas
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

My kids are younger than school aged, but I'm pretty sure we have 4 public high schools in BCS and three of them have their own football stadium. Maybe you're referring to just CS or just Bryan? I read the quoted statement as meaning BCS when they said "town". Maybe I'm misreading their intent.

I assumed we were talking about CS since it is the only of the two towns to have a football stadium at each hs. But who knows.
taxpreparer
AG

quote:
Don't appraisers look at comps in the area, figure a $/SF and apply that to other houses on the block/area? Looking down my street that is exactly what happened to mine.
One would think this would be the case; however, I am looking at rural cops that show acreage priced at between $9100 and $19100 for nine parcels of land that are either adjacent or across a common road. Also, changes in valuation on this land ranges from 0% to 59.5%.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
K2T2
I'm in the Oaks and mine went up 10% this year. It went up 14% last year after we bought it. Yaaay home ownership.

There was a set of neighbors who tried to convince us that band practice or even a barking dog would get the cops called on us constantly, and so it's useless to buy the house. Turns out they were just lying ****s who thought we were paying too much (we weren't, and our house is fantastic) and didn't want their property tax to go up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.