Grandandys Pizza Wellborn

26,542 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
No but it's covered in meat, French fries, and cheese sticks haha

The Stoner Pie!!
Frio Cielo
Grandandys has nothing to do with Gumbys. The three Gumbys partners split up and two kept Gumbys and a third took his part and started up Grandandys. Neither own the buildings, just the businesses.
gigem13ags
AG
That is the current menu. However, we are launching a new one by the end of the month. We have more wing flavors, pizza of the week, and our Black Book of Pizzas. Check out our facebook page for more info! Looking forward to seeing you soon!
gigem13ags
AG
If yall like pepperoni rolls, swing on in today for ours! Todays Special is $0.75 rolls with the purchase of any drink. Swing on by for a dozen today!
newsjunkie
I thought there were issues in the past concerning outright soliciting business. Isn't that the whole idea about becoming a sponsor?
If I'm wrong I apologize, but wouldn't that lead to all the threads becoming just advertising?
AggiePhil
AG
Got the pizza rolls tonight. Whole family loved them.
Pale Rider
AG
If you like a kick next time ask for Jalapeo ranch. Tried it last week, so good. Almost too good if you know what I mean haha
gigem13ags
AG
My apologies for any advertising that might have gone against any rules. Was not aware. Thank you for letting me know.
gigem13ags
AG
gigem13ags
AG
quote:
If you like a kick next time ask for Jalapeo ranch. Tried it last week, so good. Almost too good if you know what I mean haha
Made from scratch daily!
StringerBell
AG
love this place. and agree on the jalapeno ranch. good good good stuff.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Ok, generally like GranDandy's. My family orders pizza there every couple of weeks.

Today is first bad experience and it was awful. Call in to place order on hold for 10 mins. The person that finally takes my call is complaining to ppl over his shoulder about help answering phones.

Takes my order for pick up. I had to ask him how long. He says "a long time." I said you need to give me an estimate so I know when to come. 40 mins he says.

Send my wife at 45 mins to get our pizza for the game and the line is out the door. She calls at one hour mark while standing in line and our order hasn't even been started???

If you're busy, have an accurate estimate. At least have the courtesy to call ppl back if you haven't started their order in the time you estimated to complete.

So no pizza for game. Wife misses almost all of first half and sandwiches are for dinner I guess.

BS.
Sprite09
AG
There was a reason for the madness tonight at GranDandys. I dont know if you have the Hooked App, but tonight from 4-7 they were running a special for 0.25cent pizza rolls (limit 5 per person) through the app. We ordered pizza rolls and a medium pizza today at 4:25, picked everything up around 5:00. There was a line out the door at this point as well. I know it is annoying to have a bad experience at a restaurant, but things happen every now and then and tonight was just one of those nights where I'm sure they were doing the best they could. Its still no excuse to take an order and practically forget about it though.

A few weeks ago Grub had a free burger special through the app and it was chaos there as well. If I were you guys, I would give them another chance and write this off as a fluke.
RGRAg1/75
AG
quote:
There was a reason for the madness tonight at GranDandys. I dont know if you have the Hooked App, but tonight from 4-7 they were running a special for 0.25cent pizza rolls (limit 5 per person) through the app. We ordered pizza rolls and a medium pizza today at 4:25, picked everything up around 5:00. There was a line out the door at this point as well. I know it is annoying to have a bad experience at a restaurant, but things happen every now and then and tonight was just one of those nights where I'm sure they were doing the best they could. Its still no excuse to take an order and practically forget about it though.

A few weeks ago Grub had a free burger special through the app and it was chaos there as well. If I were you guys, I would give them another chance and write this off as a fluke.

Not sure why the emoticon giving me the hush hand. I don't care what the reason, if you are at a two hour wait, say two hours. Not 40 mins and then at one hour we find out our order hasn't been started yet.

I'm not writing them off, but I'm leaving feedback here bc I think the owner/manager reads this thread.

Whatever promotion they were running tonight is not worth sacrificing steady customers who pay full price for your pies about 90% of the time.

I have never been impressed with the ppl they have taking orders over the phone, but the location and quality of the pizza helped me overlook those minor customer service deals.

Tonight was BS. Excuses or reasons why don't matter at this point. And you ordering before 430 is not near the common time for dinner ordering, so your data point is pretty much useless.
australopithecus robustus
Businesses that run deals that don't make sense are typically having issues. Might be a good point to consider.
Look Out Below
AG
The place is good. Cut them a little slack. It is a small pizza business running a big promotion on a week night that had our Aggies in the Sweet 16. I'm sure all pizza places that weren't even running crazy specials got hammered last night.
australopithecus robustus
Why would you run a special on a night when you know you'd be slammed anyway? Doesn't seem like a wise business decision.
StringerBell
AG
Getting pizza on the night of a major sporting event is a gamble anyways
Fonzie Scheme
AG
You should complain directly to mgmt. It will get to them faster. Never understood why people come here if they truly want the place to improve. Only thing worse is choosing THEN to Yelp them.
RGRAg1/75
AG
quote:
You should complain directly to mgmt. It will get to them faster. Never understood why people come here if they truly want the place to improve. Only thing worse is choosing THEN to Yelp them.

Thx for your concern. Called and sat on hold for 8-10 mins. Hung up. Posted here bc as I stated, he posts in this thread so I know he reads it.

I'm not much of a reviewer, and certainly not much of a complainer. I tend to vote with my wallet instead.

My post is feedback. They can take it or not. And I will act accordingly.
BCStalk
I don't see an issue. Complain all you want. I'm personally tired of companies taking up space with bad service. I've tried the manager approach. Got me about as far if I talked to an idiotic cockroach. Hopefully the problem is addressed and we can all move on.
gigem13ags
AG
My apologies for just reading this.

We ran the promotion for this night because it was our first night that we were on the Hooked app. They recommend to run a crazy promotion for your launch, and that it why it was crazy. I decided to do $0.25 rolls. I have a hard time delivering to campus, so I knew that this would generate buzz among college students and get them in the door. The hooked app staff stated that since we were on the outskirts of town that we would probably get around 150 people. They were way off. We got over double that. The promotion was for only three hours, and during that time we sold over 1700 pepperoni rolls. We were not prepared for this massive explosion. We did our best and I know that customers like yourself got overlooked from this event. I would be more than happy to take care of you for dinner tonight on the house as an apology. Please give the store a call and ask for myself, Jeff. Once again, I apologize.
gigem13ags
AG
FYI...We have a new website as well.

www.grandandyspizza.com

Updated our online ordering and has our new menu items. Also, tune into KAMU this week during the auction event. We donated some packages to it. Thanks for your business all! Gig'em!
Tailgate88
AG
GranDandy's pizza is really good, and there pepperoni rolls are better and cheaper than you-know-who's.
EVA3
AG
GranDandy's fan here. I ordered from GranDandy's on the night in question. It was a nightmare. They told me an hour and a half, and after two hours I called them. They had completely lost my order. I had people over to watch the Aggie game and we had to feed them something else. The pizza arrived after everyone had gone home. To their credit, they did what they could to make it right. Gave it to me free. Offered to give me whatever else I wanted for free, although I refused.

I've ordered from them since then and it has always been a great experience. I'm chalking it up to a one night problem that has been fixed.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I had Grandandys at the Little League Opening Ceremonies.

I'm not sure if it was the owner or employee serving the pizza but he was very generous with the slices he was giving out for free.

You'd think that pizza sitting in the sun (even in heaters) that long wouldn't be that good, but considering the circumstances I thought the pizza was really good. Even not considering the circumstances the pizza was pretty solid.

I'll be ordering from them for sure. Show me some good customer service (which seems to be lost on too may businesses these days) and a decent product, and I'll show you a ton of loyalty back.
gigem13ags
AG
Our phone system went down last night, so we were unable to take call in orders for about 2 hours last night. Wanted to apologize for this matter. It has been corrected and we are ready to go for the day! Thanks and Gig'em

While I'm here...question for yall. Would yall have any interest in having rolls, wings, and pizzas for your tailgating? I was thinking about putting together packages and offering delivery to your location on campus. What yall think?
gigem13ags
AG
quote:
I had Grandandys at the Little League Opening Ceremonies.

I'm not sure if it was the owner or employee serving the pizza but he was very generous with the slices he was giving out for free.

You'd think that pizza sitting in the sun (even in heaters) that long wouldn't be that good, but considering the circumstances I thought the pizza was really good. Even not considering the circumstances the pizza was pretty solid.

I'll be ordering from them for sure. Show me some good customer service (which seems to be lost on too may businesses these days) and a decent product, and I'll show you a ton of loyalty back.
Thank you! My name is Jeff Lednicky. I am the owner of GranDandy's. We were the ones handing our the pizzas for this event. Thank you for your comment and look forward to seeing you soon!
gigem13ags
AG
We are hosting a benefit bash this weekend, July 1st - 3rd, for College Station Deputy Fire Marshal Lance Norwood. He has been diagnosed with Myelodysplastic Syndrome, a bone marrow disorder. We will be donating 25% of all proceeds to him and his family along with a silent auction and raffle. We are also having live music and fireworks Sunday night. Items being auctioned off will include Coach Sumlin signed football, Coach Kennedy signed basketball, and Coach Childress signed baseball. So much more as well!!! Come out and support CSFD and Lance Norwood! Thanks and Gig'em!
gigem13ags
AG
https://www.facebook.com/events/144749382613648/
Pale Rider
AG
Good bull
texasaggie2015
AG
Hey Jeff- I've picked up pizza from GranDandy's several times and each time I've been very impressed. The food is great and each time I've walked in you've greeted me and held a short friendly conversation. Keep up the great work.
kyledr04
AG
Awesome benefit for Lance. We'll be there.
w8liftr
quote:
Grandandys has nothing to do with Gumbys. The three Gumbys partners split up and two kept Gumbys and a third took his part and started up Grandandys. Neither own the buildings, just the businesses.

Doesn't Gumby's still charge the illegal debit/credit card surcharge? Did GranDaddy's take this practice up as well?
gigem13ags
AG
No. We do not charge any additional fees for credit/debit card charges.

Also, we are not associated with Gumby's. The people that we purchased the business from did have ties to them, but we have no connection. We are a Mom and Pop shop that is Aggie owned and operated!

Interested in pizza for tailgating? Stay tuned for us as we are putting together 2016 Tailgate Packages with exclusive delivery options to your tailgating site!

Thanks for your support and Gig'em!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.