Grandandys Pizza Wellborn

26,503 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
aggies_2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They must not have learned from the last promotion. I called in an order at 5:20. They said it would be ready in 35-40 minutes. I get there at 5:55. There was a long line out the door. I called and asked did they have a pickup/call in line and they said no. I asked how long the wait would be. The guy said 5-10 minutes. I get in line. At 6:35, I had barely moved in line. I finally got tired of waiting and left. They only had 3 people working and the cashier was also answering the phone. Ridiculous!!!!
Geop84
AG
We moved into a house off Koppe Bridge Rd and were thrilled to find out that there was pizza delivery to our area. We have used them twice on Sunday afternoons and have had quick delivery - under 30 min -and delicious pizzas. Very happy with them and will use again.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
They must not have learned from the last promotion. I called in an order at 5:20. They said it would be ready in 35-40 minutes. I get there at 5:55. There was a long line out the door. I called and asked did they have a pickup/call in line and they said no. I asked how long the wait would be. The guy said 5-10 minutes. I get in line. At 6:35, I had barely moved in line. I finally got tired of waiting and left. They only had 3 people working and the cashier was also answering the phone. Ridiculous!!!!

I would have assumed that was the line to order and said "excuse me" and walked to the counter and politely informed the employee I was there to pick up my call-in order...
cz308
It wouldn't have mattered. The line was for pickup. Absolutely makes no sense to only have one girl working the register. These people are morons if they didn't expect to have that big of a crowd.

To each their own. I won't be visiting their establishment again, and I guess it's my loss.
The Original AG 76
AG
I think that the owner is a bit overwhelmed. The food is great and I have had several great delivery experiences BUT I have also had a couple of times where I ordered, was told 30-45 minutes only to wait over an hour. Called, put on hold for ever, hung up called again FINALLY was told that it would be another hour due to

- worker not showing up
- last minute big orders
- problem with the online thing

In both cases they actually called later and apologized , I understand and feel for them BUT these events seem to plague them.
The owner needs to PERMANENTLY solve this seemingly re-occuring issue and build nice local excellent pizza shop.
gigem13ags
AG
Howdy guys. Wanted to touch base on these issues.

First, I do want to apologize for the $0.25 roll day issue with the line being out the door. We had a massive turnout and with any promotion such as this it will get crazy. Events like this are hard to control and we try to do our best to handle them in the best way possible. We will be running this promotion again in the fall and will ensure that it will be flawless!

As for other issues stated, we have controlled them. Our online system is working properly. Our staff is getting bumped up to handle more volume, and our large orders are handled promptly.

We pride ourselves on giving BCS fresh made product at a great price! We are going through growing pains, so we are incorporating procedures to handle all of these things. We appreciate all of your business! Thanks for the patience and looking forward to seeing you soon! Check out our new menu and we now have tailgating packages available for the 2016 Texas Aggie Football Season!

Thanks and Gig'em!
Jeff Lednicky
Owner - GranDandy's Pizza and Wings
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Howdy guys. Wanted to touch base on these issues.

First, I do want to apologize for the $0.25 roll day issue with the line being out the door. We had a massive turnout and with any promotion such as this it will get crazy. Events like this are hard to control and we try to do our best to handle them in the best way possible. We will be running this promotion again in the fall and will ensure that it will be flawless!

As for other issues stated, we have controlled them. Our online system is working properly. Our staff is getting bumped up to handle more volume, and our large orders are handled promptly.

We pride ourselves on giving BCS fresh made product at a great price! We are going through growing pains, so we are incorporating procedures to handle all of these things. We appreciate all of your business! Thanks for the patience and looking forward to seeing you soon! Check out our new menu and we now have tailgating packages available for the 2016 Texas Aggie Football Season!

Thanks and Gig'em!
Jeff Lednicky
Owner - GranDandy's Pizza and Wings
sounds like you have the good kind of problems. keep getting better and you'll get there. good luck!
StringerBell
AG
jeff your jalapeno ranch is like crack. keep up the good work
LJF78
Ordered from this place over the weekend.

got a large " Dandy" pizza and liked the toppings but the pizza was very doughy... To the point where around crust area you couldn't even eat.

The pizza rolls were good although some were extremly small.

Placed a order over phone and was told 15-20 minutes and when I arrived about 15 minutes after placed order the food was ready. So that was good

Only other drawback was when I placed the order I used their menu from their website.. When I got there the cashier gave me my total and it was a more than it should of been.. I asked him if the prices matched what was on their website and he said " no that's all old".
So may be time to update website....if you're gonna have an online menu.. The prices you charge should reflect what's on there.

Sprite09
AG
*Meant to reply to Tailgate88, not cz308.

The lines need to be separate with employees specifically working one line or the other and not both at the same time. I did call in my order an hour ahead of time knowing the wait would be long, and it was ready when I showed up (during one of their promotions). The people at the end of the line (quite a few) had not called in and were in line to place an order. So I decided to walk up to the counter. When I did I was put in a terribly awkward position. The people behind the counter seemed totally lost, some of the customers at the front were angry that I and another lady had walked up to the counter when they too were call ins and were having their orders looked for. Once I realized some of the customers were also call ins, I was going to return to the line and wait my turn. However, the lady working quickly found my order before the other customers, however she sat it down once she got to the counter to work on something else. So I was standing there (a good 10 minutes), with my order in front of me (not being rung up), with customers angry that my order was found before theirs and how dare I cut in line. I dont think I really cut since everyone I was around in line did not call in. Anyway, I felt very uncomfortable - a position a customer should never be put in. I am glad to hear the issues are being worked on and should not happen again. But with a few promotions under their belt, I dont know why these issues are still occurring. Just my honest opinion.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:

+1
CrazyAgE
quote:
quote:

+1

It's good, but just a bit too much heat for me (at least when I got it maybe 6 mos back). I would have to say Chuys jap ranch is tops!! But this one is a close second
TheAlarmGuy
"jalapeno ranch is like crack."

LOVE IT
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
Post removed:
by user
DontBeTriggered
CURRENTLY BEST PIZZA IN BCS! Ordered the special last week and fell in love. Sauce is a family recipe. Absolutely delicious! Ordered again this week. Try it if you haven't.
JavierC2005
quote:
CURRENTLY BEST PIZZA IN BCS! Ordered the special last week and fell in love. Sauce is a family recipe. Absolutely delicious! Ordered again this week. Try it if you haven't.

Is it a family recipe? I know that the owner of Gumby's opened this place up but sold it to its current owners.
Mr. Griswold
quote:
I know that the owner of Gumby's opened this place up but sold it to its current owners.

I believe you're thinking of the place before it, Black Sheep Pizza.
Frio Cielo
quote:
quote:
I know that the owner of Gumby's opened this place up but sold it to its current owners.

I believe you're thinking of the place before it, Black Sheep Pizza.

After the Gumby's owners split up, -one of the former owners of Gumby's had changed the name of Black Sheep Pizza to the current name before selling it to the current owner.
StringerBell
AG
I put some of the jalapeo ranch I had left on a sandwich yesterday and it was delicious
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Amico Nave and Fritella are in Bryan, and their pizzas are great. There is also Cafe Eccell.

Eccel is the best of those 3, fantastic pizza. I call in on Wednesdays and use the drive thru... plus I believe its $5 off on Wednesdays.

some day I'll have to try GranDandy's though
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
quote:
Amico Nave and Fritella are in Bryan, and their pizzas are great. There is also Cafe Eccell.

Eccel is the best of those 3, fantastic pizza. I call in on Wednesdays and use the drive thru... plus I believe its $5 off on Wednesdays.

some day I'll have to try GranDandy's though

GranDandy's is great pizza, but if you're talking about brick oven pizza you need to include the new RX Pizza downtown in the conversation. We've been twice and it is definitely in the same class as Eccel, Amico Nave, Fritella, and let's not forget Napa Flats...
SolidT05
AG
Did this place close? Online ordering is down, no answer on the phones, and it looks like the domain has expired.
KidDoc
AG
According to the coming and going thread it closed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SchnauzerMom
He posted on FB several days ago they were closed due to issues with previous owner. Last I checked, he hadn't updated with any other news.
Post removed:
by user
MarineBQ04
AG
I concur with last part of post above. Lets be patient and then show the new old owners of Grandandys some love when they come back.

- great local small business
- outstanding personal customer service
- supports community
- quality product at very reasonable prices
MiMi
S
Since it looks like Carp's is dead in the water, I wonder if that will be the new location for the formerly-known-as-Grandandy's?
EVA3
AG
Saw a sign on the door that they're closing "for a few days."
Tailgate88
AG
That is s better location anyway.
Frio Cielo
Slocum on a mobile said:

Nextdoor post said they would be reopened as Gumby's.

I copied the post on Nextdoor for y'all.

1) Original Owners (Gumbys, Black Sheep, GranDandy's) sold GranDandy's to new owners. Those new owners (now former) are the awesome people who have been making crazy good pizza, and pizza rolls for a while now.

2) Apparently, there was some contractual disagreement between the Original Owners and the new owners. I don't have details.

3) The new owners tried to negotiate, but just couldn't come to an agreement with the Original owners, so they walked away and decided to just start fresh without the baggage.

4) The original owners decided to bring back Gumbys, an old brand they had previously shut down. Gumby's I am told by those who have eaten it, is no bueno... at least compared to what we have been getting from GranDandys (under the new management).

5) The new (now former) owners are creating a new brand, and likely opening very soon up in the Taco Casa/Rattlers/Shipley's plaza by Arrington and Fitch.

6) They will be bringing back our favorite pizza/pizza rolls/garlic knots, etc... under the new brand. We just need to be a little patient and our local pizza will be back. :-)

Phew... that is a lot of drama for pizza. But, the new (now former) owners of GrandDandys are super high-quality people who definitely are worth supporting and being loyal to... at least in my opinion.

I hope that helps. I will update if I get anymore details.

The thee owners of Gumby's on Dominik split up a couple of years ago and one took his money and opened Black Sheep off of Wellborn. The other two kept the Gumby's. Is it the one that began Black Sheep that is opening up near Tower Point or the two that still own the Gumby's?

AggiePhil
AG
Quote:

Is it the one that began Black Sheep that is opening up near Tower Point or the two that still own the Gumby's?

I think it's a different one entirely.
newsjunkie
Quote:

4) The original owners decided to bring back Gumbys, an old brand they had previously shut down. Gumby's I am told by those who have eaten it, is no bueno.
I've never really understood the hate for Gumby's. They're locally owned and have been in business for over 20 years- a feat not a lot of local restaurants have achieved.
It's not trendy, oven fired pizza but good cheap pizza that fills it's niche market. Additionally, the owner donates tons of money and pizza to local organizations.
I was under the impression; judging from the comments on this board-that this is what is a local business should be.
They both have pizza, they both have rolls, they both have jalepeno ranch. And from what most of my friends say, the service and delivery is much better at Gumbys.
No dog in the fight, just don't understand the hate.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.