Grandandys Pizza Wellborn

26,514 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
CS78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Myself and others post plenty of bad reviews about places (all warranted of course). We ordered from Grandandys tonight for the first time and were happy so I wanted to pass along the info. Courteous on the phone, fast delivery, courteous delivery person, great pizza, reasonable price for what we got. Nice to have another delivery option in South CS.

http://www.grandandys.com/
BCStalk
I wish we had some better pizza options in Bryan. Is it mainly just takeout and delivery, or do they have a lobby?
FlyRod
Amico Nave and Fritella are in Bryan, and their pizzas are great. There is also Cafe Eccell.
justalocal
We recd a flyer for them last week. I believe it is a name change from that one pizza place that opened awhile back (forget the name). The flyer had the gumbys logo on it. I know there is a thread on it here.
justalocal
Black sheep pizza was the name. Unless they changed the pizza, we didn't care for it. Reminded me of dominos.
Scruffy
AG
A quick glance at the menu looks good.

Any idea what the delivery area is?
BCStalk
quote:
Amico Nave and Fritella are in Bryan, and their pizzas are great. There is also Cafe Eccell.

I do like Amico Nave and havnt tried Fritella. I was just thinking more of a pizza only delivery type place.
gigem1215
AG
We really like their pepperoni rolls. Also, my husband gets the double stuffed roll (I think that's what it's called). You choose the stuffing for it (cheese, meat, etc). It is big enough that he only wants one.
Ronnie Gardocki
I definitely need to check this place out. Menu looks great. We always try to support south CS buisnesses.

Is that pizza place next to the gas station in Wellborn still open? We went once and it was terrible.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:

Classy. Care to expound?
Scooley01
AG
Grandandy's/Black Sheep is owned by the folks that own Gumby's (the menu lists it as a "sister store" IIRC), so the pizza/rolls/etc are identical to what you'd get at Gumby's.

Our experience there so far has not been great, there's been some sort of major issue (service-wise, not the food) every time we've gotten pizza from there. We'll still probably give them another try, some places just take a while to hit their stride.
LOYAL AG
AG
We've had Grandandy's several times and really like it. The pizza rolls are good as well.
BourbonOTR
We have stopped by to pick up pizza rolls a few times. Never any issues. If they don't have any already made they will make some real quick takes about 12minutes. So far so good. Haven't ordrred for delivery yet but I'm sure we will.
PebbleCreekster
Their stuff rolls are the best, you can choose up to four items and they roll it up in a pizza roll. I order four items and they are as large as a Freebird. We have used them for pick up, delivery and stopped by and waited for an order, all were top notch. Be careful there are some posters on here that are still trying to protect and cover for Game Time, which has cut their hours back to half days and closed on Sunday's and Mondays. .....just a matter of time and it will fold.....tic toc, tic toc

Jason96
AG
Gametime already folded....I think it was Thursday or Friday.

On a side note we ordered the blackened chicken pasta from Grandandys for delivery. Very satisfied! For $8.99 it is a hard deal to pass up for delivery.
dgonzo99
quote:
All three have great pizza.
wendyb
I absolutely loved game time pizza's food. I wish they had been in tower point. The location was terrible. Location, location, location.
LOYAL AG
AG
Gametime had a terrible business model. The location wasn't great but all of the following were bad:

• Location wasn't great.
  • Food was so so, nothing special.
  • Prices were average.
  • WAY too many square feet. WAY too many. People generally view Pizza as a delivery or carry out item these days and they had A LOT of space dedicated to dine in.
  • They were called Game Time yet the only time I went there they had more static pictures than TV's and no video games. What exactly compelled them to use that name?
We tried it soon after they opened but knew it wouldn't last so didn't bother to try again. I REALLY prefer to eat local but when Black Sheep (Grandandy's) opened we went there instead.
Ronnie Gardocki
We went once and had this discussion while at the table. They had the television show friends on and not a single arcade game in the entire restaurant. No games in a place called Game Time seemed very unusual to us.
clinte234
AG
Is Grandandy's a sit down/eat in restaurant or is just delivery/take-out?

Thanks!
duffelpud
AG
We've ordered from Black Sheep/Grandaddy's quite a few times and like their thin crust veggie pizzas. The coupons make it a great value relative to the national chains. I believe, too, they are owned by Gumby's.
AggieBB
AG
quote:
Is Grandandy's a sit down/eat in restaurant or is just delivery/take-out?

Thanks!
Just delivery/take out.
clinte234
AG
Thanks!
gigem13ags
AG
Howdy! I'm Jeff Lednicky. My wife and I are the new owners of GranDandy's Pizza & Wings. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We pride ourselves in making Craft Pizzas, Unique Wing Flavors, and Fresh made salads. We are adding new menu items and even have a pizza of the week. Check out our facebook or twitter pages for what it is for the week. $12.99 for a large is an awesome deal!

Our dough is made from scratch everyday. We hand cut our veggies in store. Our sauce is roasted to perfection. We make our ranch, garlic butter, and jalapeno ranch in house from scratch daily as well.

We are definitely not Dominoes by any means...LOL.

Also, to clarify, the previous owners used to own Gumby's, so a lot of our items are just like theirs. I believe that we are better though

Please swing on by or give us a call 979-690-6040. We are going to be releasing our new menus and updating our website/online ordering this month! Hope to see yall soon!

Thanks & Gig'em
Jeff Lednicky '04
soso33
Just as long as you still have the pokey stixx
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
Howdy! I'm Jeff Lednicky. My wife and I are the new owners of GranDandy's Pizza & Wings. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We pride ourselves in making Craft Pizzas, Unique Wing Flavors, and Fresh made salads. We are adding new menu items and even have a pizza of the week. Check out our facebook or twitter pages for what it is for the week. $12.99 for a large is an awesome deal!

Our dough is made from scratch everyday. We hand cut our veggies in store. Our sauce is roasted to perfection. We make our ranch, garlic butter, and jalapeno ranch in house from scratch daily as well.

We are definitely not Dominoes by any means...LOL.

Also, to clarify, the previous owners used to own Gumby's, so a lot of our items are just like theirs. I believe that we are better though

Please swing on by or give us a call 979-690-6040. We are going to be releasing our new menus and updating our website/online ordering this month! Hope to see yall soon!

Thanks & Gig'em
Jeff Lednicky '04
where are you ?
PS3D
^ South Dowling and Koppe Bridge

Also, do you own Gumby's now, or is that owned by a third party now?
Rhinos GB
We are across the tracks from these guys! They do a great job and have really good products! Tasty!
kyledr04
AG
We love the pepperoni and custom pizza rolls from Grandandys. And the ranch and jalapeno ranch are awesome.
PebbleCreekster
Love the rolls!!!! What my family likes is you can put whatever you want in a roll!!! I was getting sick of pep rolls all of the time, last time I had a beef, onion and jal. roll and it was kickin!!!
CrazyAgE
http://grandandys.com/menu/GranDandys%20Menu%20071615Final.pdf

Is this the current menu?? If not, can someone post a current menu with prices?
Pale Rider
AG
Eat there once a month. Try the Monkey business or buffalo chicken pizzas, those are my 2 favorites. And for those with allergies they also have gluten free crust available.
EVA3
AG
Is it made with real monkey?
Pale Rider
AG
No but it's covered in meat, French fries, and cheese sticks haha
girlmom3
First time customers tonight. Will DEFINITELY be back. Even with the long-ish wait time (was told 35 minutes--was more like 55), very worth it.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.