iOS 10 Beta/Public Beta

8,051 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Brick Tamland
Brick Tamland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Developer beta 4/public beta 3 are out.

On beta 3 Safari is a little more responsive but I still have been using Chrome instead (never used Chrome on iPhone before). The drag down reply box for imessage isn't really working very well but everything else seems to run better. Emojis have shading now.
boboguitar
AG
I have beta 4 and it's still slow as **** on my iphone 6.

Charpie
AG
try cleaning up your phone while running, bobo
Wildmen03
AG
beta 3 seems a bit snappier on my iPhone 6. Other than that haven't seen many changes.

Downloading Os Sierra beta 3 on my MacBook.

StringerBell
AG
Having issues with the message preview when I'm in an application

Safari is much quicker and responsive
ElectricAg13
AG
I have noticed that battery life is much much better on my 6 with PB3. I'm still shocked with how stable the betas have been this time around.

One strange but I have noticed is that all of my 3rd party widgets have their text offset to the far left of their widget box instead of having that standard buffer space. Its happening with both Dark Sky and the Yahoo Sports widget.

Really enjoying the new phone app widget. Being able to add someones phone number to text as a phone favorite and having that show up on the widget has been a really nice feature.

Has anyone else used the new photos app to make movies yet? I've tried a few and they work pretty well. Nothing beats a Ring Day movie the app made, but I switched to "club music." It makes everything funnier.
RangerRick9211
AG
I'm in love with the widget center on the lock-screen. Finally!

Also, not sure why. But Swype has never really played nice with iOS. Always a crap shoot to which keyboard iMessage would open with. Seems to have been resolved and Swype is my default for all apps.

Non-beta people are getting my digital touch messages. But then I'll close out of iMessage and they won't be there. But I've confirmed that they still show up on the receiver's phone.

Folders are super quick to open and close on Beta 4.

I like the GIF integration in iMessage. But the results from searching are terrible compared to GIF keyboard. Not sure if it's an algo issue or the library is smaller.
Brick Tamland
If you like swype and gifs, get Gboard
RangerRick9211
AG
I have. Until they have swipe for punctuation, I'll stick with Swype.
AGSmith
AG
iOS 10 Beta 5 and Public Beta 4 now available
Brick Tamland
macOS beta won't download
Wildmen03
AG
OS Beta 4 downloading now.

I had trouble with the beta 3 downloading. I ended up going to purchases and redownloading the entire Sierra image, when it downloaded and installed it contained the beta 3 already.
Brick Tamland
Beta 4 is working amazingly on my phone

Side note: does anyone know where the iCloud Drive app went? It's not an option anymore under the iCloud tab
91AggieLawyer
AG
I just put it on my wife's old phone -- a 5 with no cellular that I'm using for a backup movie camera.
gigemhilo
AG
does anyone else have an issue with the alarm being at max volume? it used to just be at the ringer volume. now when i put it on the setting i used to, it alarms at the max volume. I nearly wet my pants this morning!
Wildmen03
AG
I'm having an issue where all of my pictures that I share to iCloud photo sharing aren't being rotated properly.

An example is that the photo shows up correctly in portrait mode on my phone, but in iCloud sharing they show up as landscape. It does this on both my iPhone and my iPad on iOS 10
OXDL45
AG
quote:
does anyone else have an issue with the alarm being at max volume? it used to just be at the ringer volume. now when i put it on the setting i used to, it alarms at the max volume. I nearly wet my pants this morning!

I had the same issue with version 2 (minus the wet pants).
Brick Tamland
Next round of betas is out
OXDL45
AG
Just updated mine.
Charpie
AG
Dark mode yet?
Brick Tamland
quote:
Dark mode yet?

Nope
ElectricAg13
AG
Another beta just released. Apple is pushing these out the door so fast now. Two in the same week.
Charpie
AG
Dark mode?
ElectricAg13
AG
quote:
Dark mode?
No luck this time. If I had to guess I would say it comes out when Apple releases an iPhone with an OLED screen. Since the Apple Watch uses OLED, I have hope for an eventual dark mode.

The new beta is very smooth so far. Installed pretty quick too since it was so small.
Malachi Constant
AG
Got it on my iPad Air2 and its smooth as hell.

Really like the new lockscreen display with the notifications.
Brick Tamland
Beta 7 released
Charpie
AG
Well?????!?!?!?!
tamusc
AG
Dark mode yet??
Brick Tamland
Don't see it
Phat32
AG
So glad someone found the TouchID lock fix
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
I have beta 4 and it's still slow as **** on my iphone 6.

Not doing a lot with it but it seems to be running fine on the 5 that I'm using for video stuff only.

What specific apps are running slow?
Brick Tamland
It feels really smooth and a ton less buggy on my 6s
Brick Tamland
Photos on the Sierra beta is a lot better now, in my opinion

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.