iOS 10 Beta/Public Beta

8,082 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Brick Tamland
StringerBell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely having issues with consistent orientation
Brick Tamland
I'm having issues with texts disappearing when I'm on the message thread. I don't use the text effects like I thought I would.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
I have my photos organized by year in albums. Seems iOS 10 reads a different metadata tag to organize pics. Now pics from 2012 show up in the 2005 folder. Or this is a bug since the photos show up with the correct date but in wrong folder.
a
Simple sync with iTunes got all my photos back in the right dates/order. Probably should have synced before complaining.
Brick Tamland
I ended up switching to chrome because safari was lagging too much and was unresponsive to touch
Pman17
AG
quote:
Definitely having issues with consistent orientation
same here, I sent feedback to Apple
Al Bula
AG
quote:
I ended up switching to chrome because safari was lagging too much and was unresponsive to touch
i noticed this too on texags in safari. Chrome is just so much better.
Charpie
AG
Beta 3 is out. Seems to have fixed the orientation stuff.
RAT90
AG
Does the beta automatically update itself? Or do we have do download the profile and install every time?
boboguitar
AG
quote:
Does the beta automatically update itself? Or do we have do download the profile and install every time?

You don't need to redownload the profile, just download the new update and install.
RAT90
AG
Thanks for the reply. My settings indicate my software is up to date with 10.0, but I have not manually updates it, hence my wondering if it is automatic.
StringerBell
AG
Should if it show up as an software Update in the menu or do I need to connect to a computer
Charpie
AG
I went to settings -->general--->software update. I'm on the developer beta and not the public beta. Not sure if that makes a difference.
RAT90
AG
Then I figure the public beta is not updating, but the developer version is updating.
Wildmen03
AG
Developer update releases before the public. If the developers just got 3, then 2 should hit the public updates in the next few days.
boboguitar
AG
Ah, yeah I'm in the developer program.
gigemhilo
AG
Ive got it up and going on my phone!
AGSmith
AG
Public Beta 2 is now available. Currently downloading.
Wildmen03
AG
Thanks for the heads up, updating now myself.
AGSmith
AG
quote:
When I try to open an app that's in a folder, the screen will occasionally go into "icon move/app delete" mode. I have to hit the home button to get out of that mode and then I'm able to open the app.

It appears this issue is fixed in the new release
StringerBell
AG
Downloaded and installed

Safari seems much snappier
Brick Tamland
Updated. Still having some freezing issues on app switcher and random window switching times.

Edit: this is still working better than the iOS 9 public beta last year. It got so bad I went back to iOS 8.
irock2513
AG
YES. You can restore the old style touchid unlock... No more home button press.

It's under accessibility options
RAT90
AG
THANKS FOR FINDING THIS!
StringerBell
AG
Yessir! Good find!
Wildmen03
AG
Sweet, glad that's back. That being said I have noticed some weird scrolling lag when browsing through the setting menus. It's like a weird blip at the bottom of the screen.
tamusc
AG
Those of you complaint about the new home button action, are y'all using a 6S or 6S Plus?
RAT90
AG
Using a 6, and, yes, I complained.
tamusc
AG
The reason I ask is that using my home button to wake the screen on my 6 Plus was fine, but on my 6S Plus it doesn't work to view the lock screen because the TouchID unlock takes significantly less time. Apple made the change to address that, but I guess I had forgotten that it really wasn't an issue on anything before the 6S or 6S Plus.
Brick Tamland
Has anyone used the Sierra public beta?
Wildmen03
AG
I'm using it on my old MacBook. It seems to be running fine though it messed up my logitech mouse buttons.
RAT90
AG
I am. No issues yet, but I am not a power user during the weekday.
Brick Tamland
Thanks. I am thinking of trying it out. I don't have a time machine but I have zero files of any kind saved to my computer. It's all on google drive or iCloud. Figured it was worth doing for a few months even though I know I won't be able to switch back.
Brick Tamland
Thanks
Wildmen03
AG
I like the Siri integration though I feel weird talking to my computer. I want to try out the picture in picture thing but not many websites have it out yet
Wildmen03
AG
I'm getting some random app crashes on the Beta 2 that I wasn't getting before, it's only an app or two so I bet it's the apps not updating to work with the beta.

It freezes the phone up for a few seconds with a black screen but then the app closes. Luckily it doesn't freeze the phone completely.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.