Official Overwatch Thread

57,237 Views | 786 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
AtlAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I get the eyeroll any time my wife walks by and widowmaker/dva/mercy are on the home screen.
Predmid
AG
I've figured out my purpose in the game. Disrupt the enemy team movements and to be as annoying as possible and with Junkrat. Left Shift mine, main gun spam, laugh/emote spam, make people recoil in fear every minute or so with a loud gas engine cranking up.
BusterAg
AG
If another player on my team has widowmaker, or is good at using the sonic arrow, I always try to be junkrat.

Spamming grenades over walls and killing people brings me a perverse sense of joy.

I also use the tire as soon as it is charged.
Predmid
AG
I wait for when I know someone else on my team is distracting enough that I can flank from behind with the tire. Easier to get a clump from a flank than charging right at them.
joemeister
AG
Discovered a few UI tips the last couple of days that may help others as well. If you go to the "controls" section of the options, there is a drop down list that allows you to adjust your setting for each hero. If you look at the settings for Soldier 76 and Zarya, there is an option to turn on health bars so that you can see which teammates need your support the most.

For Mercy, you can change the staff skills to toggle on click so that you can maintain the stream without holding your mouse button. Also, turn off the option that prioritizes your stream target for her guardian angel jump. It makes movement a lot better.

I've been playing a lot of Zarya lately, I think she's become my favorite tank for pushing the payload.
Cromagnum
AG
Zarya is awesome when you can bait an ultimate and shield absorb it.
Ewok It Out08
AG
Great games again last night with a 9-3 W/L with 5 Ags and a dude from ASU. As always, feel free to hit me up if you see my logged into Battle net. I can generally grab a few guys to jump on and play.
Ewok It Out08
AG
quote:
I've figured out my purpose in the game. Disrupt the enemy team movements and to be as annoying as possible and with Junkrat. Left Shift mine, main gun spam, laugh/emote spam, make people recoil in fear every minute or so with a loud gas engine cranking up.
Yeah, you were doing work last night as junk rat.
Predmid
AG
Dawww, shucks.
txag2k
AG
I die a lot.
Naveronski
AG
I draw fire really well as Phara. Need a flying tank hero.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
I draw fire really well as Phara. Need a flying tank hero.

Dva kind of meets that role. Combining her thrust with defense matrix is a nice way to start a push and move Reinhardt out of position.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Predmid
AG
Outside of coordinated team efforts (baahahaha, like that happens with groups of randos), what's the best way to deal with a good reinhardt?
GradChemist
quote:
Outside of coordinated team efforts (baahahaha, like that happens with groups of randos), what's the best way to deal with a good reinhardt?
If you're defending, Symmetra's right click penetrates through Reinhardt's shield.

Mei is also really good at dealing with him, as long as you have 1 other person to help you finish him off.
Predmid
AG
Two champs I haven't played yet. I should look into them.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Mei has a bit of a learning curve but can be really effective if you can get good at freezing + right click headshotting enemies.
FatZilla
AG
quote:
Mei has a bit of a learning curve but can be really effective if you can get good at freezing + right click headshotting enemies.
Mei is the ultimate "Piss off the other team" hero. Especially with her ultimate, its a game changer.
Predmid
AG
quote:
quote:
Mei is the ultimate "Piss off the other team" hero. Especially with her ultimate, its a game changer.

I think I found my new mein.
fta09
AG
When I first started using Mei I was only freezing and walling off people. Once I picked up on the freeze + right click headshot, I started racking up eliminations.

Junkrat should also be able to deal with Reinhardt, especially if you can get elevation over him. Lob grenades over his shield.
Hagen95
AG
A good Mei player can cause an outbreak of ragequit. It is funny to watch.

I am starting to love the deadeye from McCree. Watching people flee when they hear it coming is awesome.

Predmid
AG
i'm more annoyed by 'flashbang, right click, shift right click ahahahah the tank is dead"
Hagen95
AG
Flashbanging an annoying Tracer is most satisfying.
GarlandAg2012
AG
A Pharah who can get behind Reinhardt also works. Basically any decent damage dealing duo can take him down if they can get him caught in the crossfire, IMO. But that's in a vacuum. Obviously if the Reinhardt is playing with good teammates they can help protect his flanks.
GradChemist
McCree also has an advantage over Reinhardt. You can aim the flashbang in such a way that it goes over the shield, leaving you time to fan/roll+reload/fan him down quickly.

That being said, McCree is getting a much needed nerf in the next update so that he isn't able to obliterate tanks with his combo as much as he can now. The change is supposed to lower fan damage so that light/medium targets can still be killed by it, but that tanks should still stand a chance against him.

D'va is also going to be buffed, but they haven't specifically stated what method they'll use to help her.
Forum Troll
AG
I feel like such a noob with widow maker till today. I played beta a lot and now level 24. I didn't know about the power up for her scoped shots and was wondering why I couldn't take anyone out. Until today that is.
AtlAg05
AG
Winstons main attack can also go through the shield. I like to get behind him with reaper, he will usually turn which opens him to teammates attacks.

Bastion can always melt his shield too. Gives the guy extra block dmg but helps get rid of his advantage.

I really like player reaper now, going lone wolf devastating their back lines.
Thunder18
AG
They need to nerf Torbjorn's turrets as well...not complaining when I'm on defense and racking up insane killstreaks, but damn when there are 2 or more defending Torbjorns with lvl 2 turrets it is TOUGH to capture the point
Tex117
AG
quote:
They need to nerf Torbjorn's turrets as well...not complaining when I'm on defense and racking up insane killstreaks, but damn when there are 2 or more defending Torbjorns with lvl 2 turrets it is TOUGH to capture the point
Yeah, it just takes too much team coordination to handle these effectively....and if you are playing solo...you are in for a bad time.

tamusc
AG
If you're playing solo, you're in for a bad time anyway.
txag2k
AG
Rise of the Planet of the Winstons
Predmid
AG
Mcree Stun. Needs nerf bat.
Madmarttigan
AG
I would say a few things that should be tweaked is Mcree Fan the hammer, bastion health should be very slightly lowered. DVA should be able to fire while her defensive matrix is active. Junkrat tire ult should have a slightly smaller AoE radius.

If they nerf torb's turrets they need to up his main weapon damage to account for it. He has a strong weapon as it is but he relies heavily on the turret as well for damage output.

The most obnoxious things in the game to me right now are Mcree's stun combo, junkrat's ult, and bastion damage output. If they tweak some things there it would be a step in the right direction.

I would personally love to see healers buffed, but thats cause I'm a support
3rdGen2015
AG
If Zenyatta could get a 50 point heath buff, I would play so much more of him. Right now, he's a secondary support in my eyes and it's hard to use him as the only healer on the team. I play a lot of Lucio and I think he's fine the way he is though.
Tex117
AG
Was on a PUG team and we picked 5 Torb's and one healer on Gibralter, defending.

That poor team didn't make it out of their control room.

As for some nerfs....Junkrat's tire I think has too long of a "lifespan." That said, if you know how to handle it, you can take those tires out pretty easily (only 100 hp).

McCree, only recently have I run into an issue with his stun/hammer combo. (I usually keep my distance)

Bastion is a little too tanky, but IMO the correct counters make him manageable.
joemeister
AG
If they are going to nerf anything next, it needs to be the rate Hanzo builds his ultimate charge. Even mediocre Hanzos wipe the enemy team every 30 seconds. If they don't nerf the generation rate, then the size and duration of the effect should be greatly reduced.

Bastion is fine, they nerfed him quite a bit already from where he was in beta. Any competent Widowmaker or Hanzo should be able to neutralize him. His primary role is to pressure the tanks.

TBH, I feel like the game is pretty well balanced right now. It's supposed to be a bit rock/paper/scissors in its design, and I hope they keep it that way. Part of a good group strategy is the willingness to swap heroes mid game to counter the other team's strength. There are some really good Youtube videos out there that discuss counter class strategy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.