Official Overwatch Thread

56,701 Views | 786 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
HeadGames
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I played with some of y'all yesterday. It was fun, I left abruptly due to me losing track of time. It was fun.

I feel like everyone has two pretty hard counters. However if someone is really good with Ninja, good grief, you're pretty toast. He's the most powerful of all the characters. If you're good.
tamusc
AG
He's also super squishy.
GarlandAg2012
AG
The fact that people are suggesting a wide variety of nerfs is a good thing. If everyone was agreeing on the same character being overpowered then that would be an issue.

Another interesting point is to check the global leaderboards and look at their most played heroes. It's not all the same hero or even the same class, which to me is a good indicator that the game is balanced and you can succeed with a variety of strategies/heroes.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
If they are going to nerf anything next, it needs to be the rate Hanzo builds his ultimate charge. Even mediocre Hanzos wipe the enemy team every 30 seconds. If they don't nerf the generation rate, then the size and duration of the effect should be greatly reduced.

Bastion is fine, they nerfed him quite a bit already from where he was in beta. Any competent Widowmaker or Hanzo should be able to neutralize him. His primary role is to pressure the tanks.

TBH, I feel like the game is pretty well balanced right now. It's supposed to be a bit rock/paper/scissors in its design, and I hope they keep it that way. Part of a good group strategy is the willingness to swap heroes mid game to counter the other team's strength. There are some really good Youtube videos out there that discuss counter class strategy.

The hit box on Hanzos arrows is way too big. Its almost as if he is shooting telephone poles as he can visibly miss by a good margin and still get a headshot.
Cromagnum
AG
McCree is a bit ridiculous with his flashbang, FTH, roll, FTH combo.

Flashbang needs a longer cooldown or needs to blind instead of stun. Fan the Hammer could use a tweak so you cannot nuke a tank with one barrage.
Cromagnum
AG
Torbjorns turrets either need to have reduced range, lock on slower, have a 180 degree rotation limit, or do less dmg. In turn you could buff his direct attacks slightly.
AtlAg05
AG
Weekly brawl is fun. Every death you get a new character and you can't switch.
Predmid
AG
I've not once had a game be decided by torbjorn's turrets. They're easy to counter & destroy either with pharrah , Reinhardt + anyone, or a decent black widow.
tamusc
AG
quote:
McCree is a bit ridiculous with his flashbang, FTH, roll, FTH combo.

Flashbang needs a longer cooldown or needs to blind instead of stun. Fan the Hammer could use a tweak so you cannot nuke a tank with one barrage.
That's exactly why they ARE changing him. We just don't know exactly what it will be yet, though it sounds like it is coming soon.
Hagen95
AG
If you nerf McCree to a blind instead of stun, you might as well delete the char. He has to get in close or the FTH is worthless. The range of the flash bang is pretty small so you can almost sidestep it if you see him coming at you. Extending the cooldown time might be a way to slow him down some.

The arrow spam from a good Hanzo can get pretty ridiculous. The weekly brawl this week is awesome.
chigger
AG
quote:
Weekly brawl is fun. Every death you get a new character and you can't switch.

Very fun. Though still challenging because you have to deal with an unplanned team. Though we did end up with like 5 Zarya's in one match last night which was kinda funny.
Predmid
AG
His big combo, more than anything, feels way out of place thematically. It feels VERY assassin-y to spring from the shadows, disable an opponent, and kill them before they can do anything. Nothing about that screams "cowboy gun slinger".

With the accuracy and range of FTH, it's basically a melee range nuke. Why does a cowboy have a melee nuke? IMO, thematically, FTH needs to be even more inaccurate or much slower.

What if instead of "toss a flashbang" he had "toss a whiskey jar". Target could have temporarily blurry vision and also the next one next shot of mcree does bonus damage rather than the current "stun you and kill you" combo. Gives the target a bit more counterplay while still giving mcree the upper hand. It also ties all his abilities in much neater thematically and doesn't get free auto-1-shot on tanks.
AtlAg05
AG
He walks very slow when using the ultimate, plus everybody hears it and runs for cover.

I wouldn't like a straight nerf by reducing 1 part of the flashbang. Maybe lasts one second less but has a wider AOE.
HeadGames
AG
I like the whisky bar idea, very saloon like.

Maybe he can douse em with whiskey and throw his cigar on em and catch em on fire.
joemeister
AG
They have already announced that the nerf will be to the damage of Fan the Hammer. They are setting it to a place where he can still use the combo to effectively take out low health heroes (think 250 hp or less) while not being a guaranteed kill against all tanks. My guess is a FTH will likely do around 150-250 damage, so they would have to land all 12 shots with a couple of headshots on a tank to have a chance to kill them with the flash, FTH, roll, FTH combo.

For comparison's sake, currently, FTH does 420 damage at optimal range (70 dmg x 6 shots); full charge Widowmaker shot is 150 dmg; Torbjorn turret is 14 dmg per shot at 2 rps on tier 1, 4 rps on tier 2; Soldier 76 is 17 dmg at 10 rps at optimal range.

So currently, Roadhog has the most health at 600. Without any headshots, the FTH/Roll/FTH combo easily takes out a Roadhog.

This site has a great collection of information for damage, healing and other stats: http://www.furiouspaul.com/overwatch/
3rdGen2015
AG
FTH doesn't get a headshot bonus just FYI
Cromagnum
AG
So lots of people in the community are crying for Widowmaker nerfs because she can oneshot Tracer and Zenyatta to the body and that she has no counters.

Its obvious that they don't play Winston, Genji (or are bad with him), or even try to counter snipe with Widow.
rangerdanger
AG
Maybe its different on PC, but I think Reaper needs a nerf before McCree. Reaper can deal out tons of damage 1x1, can escape with his spectre form (alot more mobile than McCree), and can heal through soul globes. And to top it off "die die die" is alot easier to pull off than "it's high noon!" on a group of enemies.

Sure, McCree can kill someone if he's in close, but he is slow getting there and has no escape. Every game i'm in there are like 2-3 Reapers on each team, barely see McCree.
Hagen95
AG
Yeah it seems a lot of the complaints are from people getting one shot by one char or the other. Next they'll want cushions at the bottom of the drop offs so they don't die.

fta09
AG
I really liked the weekly brawl the first week with the faster CDs and the higher health pools. Tried this week's and it's not too bad, although there are a few characters I don't care for and don't like getting stuck as them.
joemeister
AG
They are nerfing McCree because the pro gamer meta uses 2 McCrees. When I play solo or with my normal group of friends, very rarely do I run up against McCrees dominating matches. More often than not the most disruptive heroes are Widowmaker, Hanzo or Mei. Mei in particular is the strongest class IMO. Her counter is supposed to be long range, but you can easily avoid those confrontations with positioning.
Forum Troll
AG
Mcree is the easiest hero to do 10k plus damage with in a match. FtH does way too much damage. Most matches the last few days have at least 2 or 3 mcree split between the 2 teams.
Hagen95
AG
Every time someone kills an opposing Mei, I mentally award internet points.
txag2k
AG
quote:
Every time someone kills an opposing Mei, I mentally award internet points.

I concur!
RandomAg09
PC: Selkin#11820

Usually support or tanking.
Cromagnum
AG
Genji Badminton Doubles! I think this only worked during the launch week of brawl when cooldowns were very short. Still pretty funny.

FatZilla
AG
quote:
Genji Badminton Doubles! I think this only worked during the launch week of brawl when cooldowns were very short. Still pretty funny.

Custom game most likely. I think you can set those rule values still.
nomad2007
AG
Just got the game this evening. Ten matches in and I must be getting horribly unlucky with matchmaking. My teams are playing checkers while the others are playing chess. 0-10 and we're talking absolute blowouts. Not even remotely close. During one of my attack maps, we couldn't even get out of the spawn.
AtlAg05
AG
Welcome.

Yeah sometimes things just work that way.

We had a group of 5 last night, on a defend it really helped with communicating where threats were coming from. Attackers didnt stand a chance.
nomad2007
AG
quote:
Welcome.

Yeah sometimes things just work that way.

We had a group of 5 last night, on a defend it really helped with communicating where threats were coming from. Attackers didnt stand a chance.
It certainly didn't turn me off to the game, and it was funny getting a lesson in the game so viciously in the first few matches. I finally got a group where people communicated and it was a much more balanced match that I finally got a victory on. It also helped that I found out about Roadhog, who's play-style fits me much better than the other heroes.
txag2k
AG
ya and in that group last night, we went up against a team of like 5 Winstons...was similar to this:
quote:
Rise of the Planet of the Winstons
Predmid
AG
I did have a sick play as genji this evening. Bastion shifted into turret mode right in front of me. Full blast returned right into his face.
txag2k
AG
We had some dam good games going last night.
joemeister
AG
I don't think I've actually posted my battletag. PC: Jaktu#1548
Naveronski
AG
Naveronski#1862

Would love to play something organized.

Don't really main anything, still learning what I like.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.