Uncharted 4

13,755 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by titanmaster_race
Tabasco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got to Madagascar in the jeep (ch 11 I think)
Joe Cole
One of the things about the Uncharted (probably others too) is the formula of going from spot
A to B to C to D to finally finding it at E. I know it's just how the game is and that is the fun, but I always think about how much work these ancient people put into hiding their treasure with all of these traps, elaborate puzzles etc to earn your way to final spot , when some explorer could just stumble into "E" on their own making all of your hidden clues worthless

I'm 2 chapters from completion. Lots of great things about this one that are big improvements on the others. I like how the combat areas are bigger and you have multiple options on how you can attack
titanmaster_race
has anyone tried the multiplayer yet?
redbaron788
AG
Yep, 5 matches of intro/TDM. Pretty fun and if you can get behind a team with the sniper sidekick you will wreck them. The relics are a fun mechanic and the classes are varied for the most part.
MaroonStain
AG
Finished UC3...finally. That was fun! Definitely taking a "break" from the series.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Had a really busy last couple of weeks so I just finished the campaign. What. A. Game.
titanmaster_race
The late game encounters on crushing difficulty are stupid. Harder than bloodborne. And not nearly as fun.
cr0wbar
AG
Ugh- I'm trying to finish the campaign as quickly as possible - just got to Chapter 18 last night, think I'm getting to the final stretch here.

First off - this game is beautiful to look at. The seamless transitions between cutscenes and gameplay is Naughty Dog standard issue now - but man it's fun to play. Playing on Normal now- and already shaking my head in anticipation of some of the gunfights on Crushing (glhf - Titanmaster). The grappling hook is a refreshing twist they threw in from the climbing aspect of the game. This is gonna be a fun one to Platinum!

Really enjoying the story; looking forward to playing MP with you guys. If you haven't done so already - try and search the Texags Community on PS4 and we can try and group up through there.

Also - you folks still on the fence on Uncharted Collection - play UC1-3 FIRST before Thief's End. You'll get a much more enjoyable experience.
MaroonStain
AG
Couple of days to catch my breath after UC1-3 and I plan to DL this later this week.
titanmaster_race
Beat it on crushing this weekend. So hard. Glad that trophy is mine now.

Next up is multiplayer, and a sub 6 hr speed run.
ccaggie05
AG
Just finished the game. What an amazing experience and nearly perfect ending to the series. Naughty Dog is my number one developer at this point as this is probably my favorite game since The Last of Us.
Tex117
AG
quote:
The late game encounters on crushing difficulty are stupid. Harder than bloodborne. And not nearly as fun.
No idea why you would do that to yourself Mid, but whatever floats your boat.
cr0wbar
AG
Hopped on MP last night for about an hour- fun as hell. You campaigners need to get on. Will try and group up with some of yall tonight
titanmaster_race
I just found the last treasure. My list of treasures is complete. Except that the stats say I've only found 108/109, so the trophy didn't unlock.

Seems to be a widespread issue. Waiting for ND to patch it, because I sure as hell ain't finding them all again.
titanmaster_race
I have NEVER played with such crappy randos as O have in this game so far.

WE ARE BEHIND A MASSIVE BRICK WALL AND I AM BLEEDING OUT AT YOUR FEET REVIVE ME YOU ASSCLOWN
titanmaster_race
Platinum
cr0wbar
AG
damn, congrats. You got that treasure glitch fixed yea? How did you do on your speed run?
titanmaster_race
quote:
damn, congrats. You got that treasure glitch fixed yea? How did you do on your speed run?

Yeah, turns out i didn't grab the mughal egg treasure in the last chapter. On chapter select it showed up as missing, but not on the treasure list. Weird.

For the speedrun, explorer difficulty, spawn in the barok pistol (the gold one with the 1 hit k.o.), and infinite ammo. I got the 70% accuracy playthrough on the same run.
titanmaster_race
I think i got the speedrun in just over 5 hours.
titanmaster_race
Cinematic count towards your time, so skip them when possible. Paused in-menu time does not count
cr0wbar
AG
Awesome - A buddy of mine and I are going to MP tonight

see your psn: mid9012. We've played something before, do I know you? lol

psn: crow_bar08
titanmaster_race
quote:
Awesome - A buddy of mine and I are going to MP tonight

see your psn: mid9012. We've played something before, do I know you? lol

psn: crow_bar08

You might know a good friend of mine from pointsmatter. His original account on Texags got permabanned because of he who shall not be named.
Joe Cole
almost done with speedrun and then just need the MP trophies for plat

I get really paranoid with the saving process and overwriting saves with these games. I am in constant fear that I'm going to lose my data or somehow not get a trophy. It's a relief to finally get the plat and not worry about losing something.
AgsWin2011
AG
Just finished Uncharted 1. Never played any of the Uncharted games before. I'm officially hooked. What a game!

Can't wait to blow through the next 2 games so I can get UC4. It will probably take me a few weeks. Hard to play with little kids crawling around the house, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
archangelus2
AG
quote:
Just finished Uncharted 1. Never played any of the Uncharted games before. I'm officially hooked. What a game!

Can't wait to blow through the next 2 games so I can get UC4. It will probably take me a few weeks. Hard to play with little kids crawling around the house, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
I just beat Uncharted 1 as well and was a little disappointed. I'm now half way through Uncharted 2 and it is an order of magnitude better. You're going to love it.
agproducer
AG
The beginning of UC2 is epic and unforgettable. I love all the games. I'm almost finished with 4 and it has lived up to my expectations. UC1 is special in the remastered version. Honestly, that one is probably my personal favorite. It's probably because the fight in the water room is a blast.

The thing about this series is unlike all the other series and sequels, this one doesn't seem to have a weak one in the bunch. Enjoy the ride.
Terk
AG
Great game. Worth the time and years playing all of them at release!

I'd love to give the remastered games a spin since my PS3 is long gone.
agproducer
AG
I just finished 4. I loved it. What an end to a fantastic series! I want to go back through the remastered and play the entire series start to finish again. I know Naughty Dog says this is the last Uncharted game, but they could certainly soon something off with Sam.
cr0wbar
AG
Been playing the shiz outta multiplayer with the new rankings update. Who wants to knock out some challenges tonight?

crow_bar08
wangus12
AG
Releasing a spinoff focusing on Chloe.

agfan2013
AG
Curious what the pricing is gonna be on it since it's a standalone expansion pack. They said it will be longer than the last of us story dlc, but shorter than a full 20 hour campaign. If it's less than $40 I'll probably pick it up at release.

I missed this thread as I didn't have a PS4 at the time it released but I eventually got a Black Friday uncharted special and it is truly amazing. Naughty dog can develop some awesome games, both uncharted 4 and last of us are in my top 10 games of all time list.

Great story, best graphics I've seen to date on the current gen systems, amazing plot & character development.
cr0wbar
AG
Heh - at this point, Naughty Dog could price DLC @ $80 and I'd buy it. They're killing it as developers.
wangus12
AG
From Gamespot

Quote:

Naughty Dog also revealed the game will cost $40, and those who preorder the upcoming Uncharted game at "participating retailers" will receive a free digital copy of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Trilogy on PS4. Those who preorder on the PlayStation Store, meanwhile, will get a Lost Legacy PS4 theme on top of that.

Just recently, developer Naughty Dog implied The Lost Legacy could be more than 10 hours long, despite many believing it to simply be a small-scale expansion.

"Years ago, when we were asked if we were ever doing a single-player expansion for Uncharted we always said, 'Well, we don't have the self-discipline to do that,'" said Naughty Dog head of communications Arne Meyer. "If we tried to do that we'd create a full game.

"There's no way we could constrict and restrain ourselves, and that's exactly what was happening here. When we were doing story pitches, we were coming up with a game that would be over ten hours long and so we suddenly realised everything we said was true and we couldn't keep it short."

While the final length of The Lost Legacy was not revealed, Meyer's comments suggest Naughty Dog was not able to shorten the story's length and it therefore may take some time to complete.
The upcoming game is an expansion, of sorts, to Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, though it is standalone, so you don't need to own Uncharted 4 to play The Lost Legacy. Naughty Dog also says the title will contain the Uncharted series' biggest ever level. However, it is likely to be the company's last-ever game in the franchise, and Nathan Drake will not feature in it at all.
titanmaster_race
I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this expansion. The ending of UC4 was absolutely perfect. A great sendoff for the series. I'm glad they won't be doing anything else with the series after this, it's perfect as it is.
cr0wbar
AG
Lol, I forgot to respond to this. The good ol PM days...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.