Uncharted 4

13,736 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by titanmaster_race
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1 more day
cr0wbar
AG
GD it - This is going to be amazing fellas. Get your PSNs in now:

crow_bar08

Going to try and get the single player campaign done in quick fashion, then MP for the rest of the summer.
titanmaster_race
Psn: mid9012
agproducer
AG
This is something for the fans. I enjoyed this interview. Check it out.

Nolan North is Drake

Oh, and psn: agproducer
tamuags08
AG
Uncharted collection $20 at best buy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Deals/comments/4idi3s/uncharted_the_nathan_drake_collection_1999_1599_w/
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Preordered yesterday, probably won't get it until tomorrow afternoon
Psn: Texagg633
bbattbq01
AG
Just got my shipped notification from Amazon!
titanmaster_race
counting down the hours until I can head home
Chase McGuire
One more final.
agproducer
AG
Anyone play yet? 5:30 cannot get here soon enough.
Post removed:
by user
ChiveOn
AG
I'm playing the collection--lovin it so far

is it just me or is UC1 rather....short?
wreckt01
picked up the uncharted 4 PS4 console release edition today, looking forward to getting back into it.
titanmaster_race
quote:
I played 1 and 2 on ps3, but not 3. Should I go ahead and blow through the Nathan Drake collection before I start 4?

There will definitely be some story stuff that you won't get in 4 if you haven't played 3. Not sure how significant of a story disconnect tho
agproducer
AG
quote:
I played 1 and 2 on ps3, but not 3. Should I go ahead and blow through the Nathan Drake collection before I start 4?
I played through all three on ps3, then bought the collection on ps4. It was worth playing them all again. If you haven't played UC3, play it before 4. There are some great moments in 3 (the fight on the plane, the shootout in the desert). Plus, in 3, you get the Drake/Sully back story.

For me, when I'm playing the games, I don't want them to end. They are best when you play on hard, imo. brutal and crushing are just too much.

When I originally played them, I played 2 first -- loved it so much I had to get one. Then, I couldn't wait to play 3. Then, when I played again on ps4, I played them chronologically. It really is a fun, cohesive story.

As far as UC1 being short -- it is compared to UC2. UC1 is a big winner on ps4. The shooting and aiming is snappier compared to the ps3 version -- and it looks incredible. It is a better experience on the ps4.

Sorry about the long rant, but UC is probably my favorite game franchise.

wangus12
AG
quote:
Sorry about the long rant, but I UC is probably my favorite game franchise.
Yeah between UC, Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed. I love the UC story and the characters.
archangelus2
AG
I just started the collection after never having played any of the games. UC1 is too easy on the normal difficulty I think. The shooting feels very "Arcade-ey" to me after having just beaten the last of us. The AI is pretty dumb and they just keep coming at you with hordes of enemies. The set pieces and environments are cool. Hoping everything takes a giant leap when I get to UC2.
agproducer
AG
That's why you need to play on hard. Normal is really easy. And also, remember -- the first Uncharted came out in 2007. Last of Us came out (I think) after UC 3. So, it won't be as smooth as the TLOU.
cr0wbar
AG
Yea- I'd take the time and run through UC3 on easy/normal to get the story.
cr0wbar
AG
Like Agproducer said - UC1 for 2007 was amazing. It's obviously dated and doesnt hold up as well to Naughty Dog's latest ventures. UC4 will be just as good as TLoU. I've been reading reviews today that UC4 is one of the most visually stunning games on PS4 to date.
agproducer
AG
Again -- anyone played it yet?
bbattbq01
AG
quote:

It's like torture... I've unpackaged it but now have to wait to get kids to bed.
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
quote:

It's like torture... I've unpackaged it but now have to wait to get kids to bed.

And a 5.043 GB patch file!!!
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Yeah I'm waiting on the huge patch to download
bbattbq01
AG
And still waiting.... Not sure if it's my internet or the patch server struggling...
titanmaster_race
Patch is only necessary if you want to play multiplayer.
titanmaster_race
There is a loading screen with a 3:30 timer when i started the campaign
titanmaster_race
And another load screen
Chase McGuire
Played the first 5 chapters. Very cutscene-heavy. Best visuals I've ever seen, including The Order:1886. No load screens. The seamless transitions are incredible. Hasn't really opened up yet, but seems like it's about to get rolling.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Completed the first 2 chapters and the story seems really compelling. I do have a question on the time though, is chapter 2 supposed to be even before Drakes fortune?
titanmaster_race
Crash Bandicoot?!?!?!?
agproducer
AG
The prison break is likely before Drake's Fortune. You'd assume timeline-wise the stuff at the convent was before the young Drake storyline in Colombia in UC3. Drake is probably about 11 at the time in the convent. I'm thinking when Sam went away, Drake ended up in Colombia and met Sully. They all likely pulled off jobs together leading up to Drake's Fortune, and leading up to the prison break.

titanmaster_race
At chapter 9. This game is incredible.

Voice acting, graphics, plot, music, gameplay. Everything.
agproducer
AG
I just finished chapter 6. It sends more cut scene heavier than previous games, but it is all so seamless. I'm loving the story do so far and Sully is fantastic as usual.
agproducer
AG
Also, let's keep this thread spoiler-free.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.