Uncharted 4

13,720 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by titanmaster_race
bbattbq01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Through first 7 chapters. Fantastic.
MaroonStain
AG
I'm on UC2 fighting the russian helo and others through the town with the hot black haired chick.
Joe Cole
3 chapters in. I like how they are using the same visual prompts as Last of Us

Ratchet Remastered last month, U4 this month. Good time to be in camp PS4

agproducer
AG
Maroon, I love that part of that game. It gets better from there.
cr0wbar
AG
Whew - stopped last night at the beginning of Chapter 5. Voice acting, visuals, dialogue all superb. Loved the attic stuff!

That opening scene- woah!
titanmaster_race
That attic was so awesome! The perfect head nod to the rest of the series.

Did you get the "Still Got It!" achievement?
cr0wbar
AG
Bah- I KNEW there was a trophy hidden in all that... I only remember the 3, apparently I missed the 4th!
agproducer
AG
I know this is supposed to be the last Uncharted game, but I wonder if they'll do a spinoff with Sam and his time away from Nathan. I know he was in prison for 15 years, but the time as a teenager -- or some of the operations her ran with Drake pre-Drake's Fortune could be interesting.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Man this game is so awesome! The scenery is stunning. Only got to around chapter 7 last night but I can't wait to play more!

Psn: Fightintexasag15
Chase McGuire
Through 8.5. Game is sick.
agproducer
AG
This, so far, is one of those games you want to enjoy every second of it. I'm sure I could beat it faster if I wanted to -- but it's one of those games that I'm liking so much I don't want it to end.
cr0wbar
AG
Hmm, I'm thinking. Will probably take everyone ~week for campaign. Should we start up a new thread for MP with tags and so on?
titanmaster_race
quote:
Hmm, I'm thinking. Will probably take everyone ~week for campaign. Should we start up a new thread for MP with tags and so on?

I like that idea.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
quote:
The prison break is likely before Drake's Fortune. You'd assume timeline-wise the stuff at the convent was before the young Drake storyline in Colombia in UC3. Drake is probably about 11 at the time in the convent. I'm thinking when Sam went away, Drake ended up in Colombia and met Sully. They all likely pulled off jobs together leading up to Drake's Fortune, and leading up to the prison break.

I'm thinking you're right. In the beginning of Drake's Fortune I remember him asking Elana "You ever been to a Panamanian jail?"
redbaron788
AG
That one was good, but how about Marco Returns?
cr0wbar
AG
Well written article on Uncharted 4's style and storytelling from The Verge

Uncharted 4 is the best (and possibly last) game of its kind
agproducer
AG
So, I'm playing through on "Hard" and the game is -- well, kind of hard. I'm only on chapter 8, and you can't really go in guns blazing like the previous versions of the game. If you do, the baddies are a lot smarter. They come for you -- move around things instead of trying to come at you head on. This game is MUCH smarter. I like that. The stealth seems a lot more important, and the marking the bad guys is a nice touch -- simply because you can't see them all all the time.

It also seems the treasure hunting is harder. I've only found a couple treasures here and there.
wangus12
AG
Good article.

But this one line is total bs.

quote:
Call of Duty, arguably the most successful video game franchise ever, is known for its cinematic single-player campaign
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
So, I'm playing through on "Hard" and the game is -- well, kind of hard. I'm only on chapter 8, and you can't really go in guns blazing like the previous versions of the game. If you do, the baddies are a lot smarter. They come for you -- move around things instead of trying to come at you head on. This game is MUCH smarter. I like that. The stealth seems a lot more important, and the marking the bad guys is a nice touch -- simply because you can't see them all all the time.

It also seems the treasure hunting is harder. I've only found a couple treasures here and there.

I'm at about the same point and did good with treasures in the first few levels but when I finished the chateau I had only found 3/11 or something in that level. I thought I was searching pretty thoroughly lol
MaroonStain
AG
Wow! Still on UC2 but now fighting thru a Tibetan town with homedude that doesn't speak Anglish. The game has taken off for the great!
cr0wbar
AG
Ah man- that was a great level. Keep it up
titanmaster_race
This game is so long. I love it!
I Like Mike
AG
I jumped in this. Download In progress. PSN name is TexAgs handle.
MaroonStain
AG
Finished UC2...what a marathon... So without further ado onto UC3!!!
I Like Mike
AG
Ugh this download is taking foreeeeeeeeeever.
titanmaster_race
Just finished the story. Unbelievable.

The epilogue is such a perfect send off for the uncharted series. This series is my favorite stories of any game.
titanmaster_race
Forgot to mention, the new journal is incredible. Way more interactive, full of quirks and jokes, fantastic artwork, etc.
Chase McGuire
Just did the same. Great send-off to a great series. I thought this was better than UC2, which in my opinion was basically perfect. Naughty Dog did it again.
AgsWin2011
AG
Reading this thread caused me to hop on the Uncharted bandwagon. I've never played or even knew someone personally who had. I went to Best Buy and bought the Nathan Drake collection. It was $19.99 plus I got 20% off. Not bad for three video games in one.

Played the first 4-5 chapters so far through the first game. Really having fun with it so far. I never knew it was kinda like a tomb raider game. Graphics are awesome for a game that was 2007, remastered or not. Can't imagine how good the graphics are on UC4.
Chase McGuire
Also, UC4 took me 18 hours and 20 minutes on hard for those that are wondering how much of a time-sink it is. I found about half the treasures and most of the optional conversations and journal entries.
bbattbq01
AG
I stopped on chapter 13 I think last night (this morning). Levels seem much longer than I remember them being in previous games!
Tabasco
AG
quote:
Reading this thread caused me to hop on the Uncharted bandwagon. I've never played or even knew someone personally who had. I went to Best Buy and bought the Nathan Drake collection. It was $19.99 plus I got 20% off. Not bad for three video games in one.

Played the first 4-5 chapters so far through the first game. Really having fun with it so far. I never knew it was kinda like a tomb raider game. Graphics are awesome for a game that was 2007, remastered or not. Can't imagine how good the graphics are on UC4.
You have no idea
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Rafe looks exactly like G-eazy
Joe Cole
I haven't been able to play as much as I wanted, but around 15 right now. Kind of bittersweet knowing that I am nearing the homestretch because this has been a great game!

bbattbq01
AG
Be careful when you get to the home stretch... I just pulled an allnighter to finish because I couldn't put it down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.