Rainbow Six: Siege Beta Codes XB1

7,770 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jr15aggie
Kampfers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah the whole rolling launch stuff is nonsense. I'm gonna be quite a bit peeved if I don't get in until Monday despite the previous email I have that confirmed my beta access.
agfan2013
AG
What a crap way to do a beta, and they didn't tell us this was how it was going to be handled until a day before?!?

I thought 5 days was pretty short but now it's probably going to be shorter than that, no email this morning so I guess my potential maximum time is now 4 days, guess I'll see if tomorrow's the day or not.
Kampfers
AG
Snagged a code from @xboxcanda

They are giving away codes all day if you can follow them. Those codes released 10 min ago still have some unused as well.

I'll give my personal code away when it finally comes via email.
jr15aggie
AG
Got it! Randomly looked at that twitter page y'all posted and they had just put up some new codes and found one that worked. If all goes well I'll be on tonight around 8:00 or so.

I'll post my email code on here if / when I get it.

EDIT: LOL I know... but the wife approved my game time. I can't wait to gripe and moan with you guys about getting kicked from games, parties, etc. in a wonderful beta experience tonight!
Aggietaco
AG
Nice.

Before you get on to actually play, watch the 3 "tutorial" videos to get enough credits to unlock one of the characters. I recommend shield guy or sledge.
Kampfers
AG
I'm downloading the game now. Probably will be eating around 7:45-8:00, but after that I'll definitely be playing
agfan2013
AG
Beta code just arrived for me so I'll be check it out starting tomorrow
Aggietaco
AG
Slow start with the matchmaking, but the speeds picked up near the end of the night last night. I'll try and hop on again tonight for a bit. Also, the new game mode vs. AI opened up today, so you'll probably have a game update.
jr15aggie
AG
Here's my extra code... just post if you use the code and I will edit the post:

JCGGR-QF3G6-9G273-R4TH2-Y4C3Z
jr15aggie
AG
Game is a really fun concept and I'm sure get's really deep once you unlock a bunch of attacking / defending classes.

But right now the friggin shield guys are so OP it's not even funny. After you guys took off last night played a team that constantly ran at least 2 of them while attacking. Their buddies would guard their flanks and they would simply charge into a room and blind fire with a pistol headshot you from the other side of a large room. I know there are a hundred strategies that can probably counter this, but they need to tone down the accuracy of those blind fire shots way down.

This game really should have been a late spring/summer launch though. It's got a lot going for it, but it's going to get completely buried by Battlefront, COD, Halo, and the single player games like Fallout.
Kampfers
AG
My code also arrived, let me know if you use it:

DCY67-YP9KK-QGTWM-HGKDG-FC6RZ

I agree that the accuracy of the pistol needs to be nerfed, especially when blind-firing from behind a shield at distance.

I think as we get more comfortable with the game, however, it will be negated by other weapon advantages, like firing through walls.

I think the key in this game is that if you attempt a direct frontal assault you're probably going to walk right into the teeth of the enemy, but if you can have multiple points of entry in a fairly focused location, you can gain an advantage with regards to firing angles and whatnot. Ideally, you'd be able to coordinate a strike so that some guys came up the stairs at the same time someone else breached the window and was able to provide cover fire from an alternative angle or two.

Also, spotting the enemies when you're dead is a big help, and you can also flip through the cameras and use your RC car during the action phase as well if you want to look behind a door.
jr15aggie
AG
The best game I had was after y'all left last night... was on that embassy and I finally unlocked some characters. Got the guy that had lots of charges to take out barricades. I repelled to the roof and started taking out windows. I would do an inverse repel (that's right, upside down like in Top Gun!!!) and took out 4 of 5 guys. After blowing up a window it wouldn't take long before somebody would sneak up to the window (usually crouched) to take a peak. They weren't expecting death from above and it came swiftly for them all! Rinse & Repeat!

So if you are breaching a window, definitely go inverted when it's time to take a peak and clear the room.

So basically echoing what Kampfers said about the variety and unlocking abilities. The people that really get into this game and get good teams together are gonna have a ton of fun with this!

AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Got my code...will try to get rolling on this tonight or tomorrow.
jeffk
AG
Used yours, Kampy.

Hopefully I'll be on later today and tonight. No school today!
agfan2013
AG
Can't find a versus match at all right now, NAT is open so it isn't me. Did find a couple of terrorist hunt matches...
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Can't find a versus match at all right now, NAT is open so it isn't me. Did find a couple of terrorist hunt matches...

We had some trouble last night too. Seems like once you get in a game you can get another pretty quickly, but once you go back to main menu it's a crap shoot again.
jr15aggie
AG
I should be playing this afternoon sometime... a few hours before our game starts.
agfan2013
AG
Yep, I finally got into a few games, but it was way easier to find matchmaking games for terrorist hunt.

Anyways as for the game it's fun but now I find myself doubting if I'll actually buy the game when it releases. I feel like this will be kind of like evolve, good game and concepts but it just gets old after awhile since its limited to multiplayer only. Plus to really get maximum enjoyment out of it you definitely want to have friends playing it with you and I don't know if any of my buds will be picking this one up. Might be something I pick up on a sale for $30 when its been out for 6 months. My mind could change over the next couple of days as I'll definitely be playing the beta some more but that's my initial thoughts after playing it.
jeffk
AG
Where is the training mode?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Where is the training mode?

Just training videos... They were on the main menu Thursday night.
Aggietaco
AG
KHRK2-3CHHQ-6H6F9-CY7C2-D4VGZ

Just got my code if anyone still wants one.
bearamedic99
AG
quote:
Anyways as for the game it's fun but now I find myself doubting if I'll actually buy the game when it releases. I feel like this will be kind of like evolve, good game and concepts but it just gets old after awhile since its limited to multiplayer only. Plus to really get maximum enjoyment out of it you definitely want to have friends playing it with you and I don't know if any of my buds will be picking this one up. Might be something I pick up on a sale for $30 when its been out for 6 months.

this
jr15aggie
AG
Noticing lag on games vs humans. I'm guessing there are no dedicated servers here. And even when it's not lagging, I've died multiple times when I'm shot before my screen has even sown the bad guy (feels like host advantage). On the flip side been a few games where I have felt invincible.

And I concur with the above. This is exactly like Evolve... with a coordinated team this game can be really special. But solo will be frustrating. Thanks for the beta ubisoft! Don't screw up The Division and I'll buy that instead.
Kampfers
AG
There are definitely no dedicated servers, which is a bummer. But I really like the game. I have a lot of fun, and all the dlc maps will be free iirc so there's a lot of content to come as well.

I think I will be definitely buying this. I've even had a good time playing with randoms, and most people have actually been using mics which is amazing.

It's a fairly addicting format for me and I really like the variety in terms of how to approach the situations which means practically every game unfolds differently. And it seems well balanced as well.
agfan2013
AG
Shields are far too over powered, if they are going to allow pistols to be blind fired around them they need to be very inaccurate. Like you won't hit a guy unless they are 15 feet away or closer. I've been shot from way too far away by those things.

Another gripe I have is there's too much downtime in between rounds and matches. Especially since you only have one life per round they need to speed it up. Pick a character and stick with it for offense/defense for the entire match, don't let people pick a different one in between every round. Just have 5 seconds to pick spawn point, then 30 seconds for prep, and go.
bearamedic99
AG
Also it would be nice to be able to buy operators and gear upgrades while waiting for the next round
jr15aggie
AG
My wife & kids are out of the house tonight... right now my plan is to spend a lot of time playing this game! Send me messages & invites if you see me on because I'm definitely looking to team up.

XBL: The Aggie
jeffk
AG
Played with Kampfers for a while last night before getting randomly "removed" from our game.

Fun concept, challenging too. I still haven't completed a realistic match of Terrorist Hunt. Got blown up several times 30 seconds into the match when the door I breached had a exploding man behind it.

PvP was entertaining too.

Overall, it's fun but not buy at release for $60 fun. Agree they need customization options between matches.
Aggietaco
AG
Thought the beta ended today for some reason. I might be on late tonight if I can make time.

Still a fun game, but I have little interest in paying money for it in December.
jr15aggie
AG
I heard the Beta was extended to Oct 1.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
It was. And I'm glad because I didn't get to play at all this weekend.
Aggietaco
AG
Nice. If I can't make it tonight I'll be on for a bit tomorrow night.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Nice. If I can't make it tonight I'll be on for a bit tomorrow night.
I should revise what I said above... they will be out of the house until around 8:30 or so. But the wife will most likely be tired so I could be playing later as well. I'll definitely be on a couple hours starting around 6... and then maybe I'll be on after 9 sometime.
wee_ag
AG
Just got a code from MS
Aggietaco
AG
Got stuck at the gym until late last night, I'll be on tonight for a bit.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.