Did anyone follow Watt when he was playing for Wiscy?

18,027 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Two Down
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Time will tell on Watt. But this story of how hard he works is lame. 75% of these guys work their ass off. That is not a new wave of training that JJ Watt created.

I was bored and browsing YouTube one day and across a video of Watt, Cushing, and Barwin working out. I was curious how strong those guys were and what they did during their workouts, so I watched. One of the stations was pulling a sled, and each time they did it, you saw Barwin and Cushing beginning to tire and slow down, but not Watt. The dude just trucked and faught to keep the pace he had the first pull.

Other guys are strong, but not many can perform at that level that long.
gougler08
AG
Innocent until proven guilty. And as someone posted earlier, he hadn't gotten huge since college or early in his career (like Bonds, Clemens, etc)
SQXVI
AG
quote:
quote:
Time will tell on Watt. But this story of how hard he works is lame. 75% of these guys work their ass off. That is not a new wave of training that JJ Watt created.

I was bored and browsing YouTube one day and across a video of Watt, Cushing, and Barwin working out. I was curious how strong those guys were and what they did during their workouts, so I watched. One of the stations was pulling a sled, and each time they did it, you saw Barwin and Cushing beginning to tire and slow down, but not Watt. The dude just trucked and faught to keep the pace he had the first pull.

ive seen that video, barwin is an absolute specimen, looked like he had aliens coming out of his abs, if i remember correctly Cushing was the strongest on bench press in that vid tho.
sealyaggies
quote:
I guess you could say the same about romo sealy you are not very bright
Writing a sentence(I guess you can call it a sentence) like this, and then calling someone "not very bright".

Keep it coming Einstein.
PascalsWager
AG
He might be on it. But so might most of the league (and most of college football). I'd rather just not find out.
ce1994
AG
Sealy, I here you. He is dominating some of the best athletes in the world. Every play Watt is wreaking havoc. So it is natural to assume he is on something. Time will tell. But until then maybe give the guy the benefit of the doubt? We all deserve that.
BMX Bandit
The anonymity of the Internet gives people license to defame others without any consequence.
Ryan34
AG
People speculate about Von Miller using steroids too. And it's just as idiotic.
sealyaggies
quote:
quote:
quote:

ive seen that video, barwin is an absolute specimen, looked like he had aliens coming out of his abs, if i remember correctly Cushing was the strongest on bench press in that vid tho.
Do you guys hide under a rock? Please tell me you have not heard about the Cushing allegations that go all the way back to USC. It has been speculated that him and Matthews at USC were big time users.

Cushing has already served one suspension in the NFL.
ce1994
AG
Well yes it does BMX but it is sloppy (as I am sure you will agree with). It is also saying "I hate people that are better than me at something". Watt may be injecting right now for all I know. But until it is found out he does then I give him a pass.
SQXVI
AG
have you even read the above posts where we called Cushing a roid-head?
sealyaggies
You guys act like I just brought something earth shattering to the conversation. Denial can be a dangerous drug.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=jj+watt+hgh&form=PRDLCS&pc=MDDCJS&mkt=en-us&pq=jj+watt+hgh&sc=7-11&sp=-1&qs=n&sk=&cvid=353FAF5B976367DD0E25AA7293636598
ce1994
AG
Sealy:

Again, this will all come out in time. But until the man is proven guilty then please be an American and assume he is innocent.
BMX Bandit
There is not a player in the league that I would be surprised about if it came out they did PEDs. I just find the "he's so good, he must be cheating!!" thinking to be childish.
sealyaggies
quote:
I also read your posts where you were praising him for his workouts and bench press.

So the "roid head" works out with watt, but that does not cause you to be concerned about watt? Ok, what is that saying, "birds of a feather, flock together."
ce1994
AG
BMX:

Why do we not get along? It seems we agree on a ton of stuff. Is it the little things?
SQXVI
AG
quote:
quote:
I also read your posts where you were praising him for his workouts and bench press.

So the "roid head" works out with watt, but that does not cause you to be concerned about watt? Ok, what is that saying, "birds of a feather, flock together."

I wasn't praising his bench press or workouts, I was noting that it was crazy that cushing bench pressed the most as he was by far the smallest guy of the three. And guess what genius....they're on the same team....on the defense....and they're young white guys....and they were in a promotional video for a gym.
Ryan34
AG
Simply being big and fast is not a good indication of steroid or HGH use. Most guys who use start having injury issues. Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing would fall in line with that. JJ Watt does not. Plus he was huge and athletic at Wisconsin too. He's never failed a drug test, including the one at the combine.

Literally the only "indicator" he has of PED use is that he's a lot better than people expected him to be. He didn't blow up in size. He hasn't had the injury issues associated to use. He hasn't failed any tests. People are simply seeing a guy vastly outperform their expectations and wondering how they could get it so wrong.
sealyaggies
I have my opinion(yes, in America we are entitled to have this thing called an opinion), and you all have your guarded opinion.

I stated in my first post that time will tell. In most of these "too good to be true" stories in this day and time, the outcome usually ends up a tragedy.

Now you can all go back to convincing yourselves that you are not 3-3. You are all quite good at it. Keep saying it, by dinner tonight, you will believe you are 6-0.

Good day.
Ag_07
AG
WTF is the big deal if used HGH? (Which I think is an asinine theory)

But up until now it's been legal correct?
ce1994
AG
Jared Allen. This is what Watt is. Just a bad man. I am not that man. I do not hate Watt for being that man. And as he gets older he will most likely go the route of Allen. He will be cut and sign with another team because his position and production does not warrant him making all that money.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Do you guys hide under a rock? Please tell me you have not heard about the Cushing allegations that go all the way back to USC. It has been speculated that him and Matthews at USC were big time users.

Cushing has already served one suspension in the NFL.

Really? I didn't know that!! I better sit down in case you tell me A&M may move to the SEC and Baylor will win the Big XII.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Clemons, McGuire,

onceaggie
AG
quote:
Writing a sentence(I guess you can call it a sentence) like this, and then calling someone "not very bright".

Keep it coming Einstein.

Like I said you are not very bright...You seem to hate everything Houston due to your stupid premise that the Texans botched their expanison draft on rivials now you are stating the Texans best player is a roid head..

chug bleach.

quote:
Now you can all go back to convincing yourselves that you are not 3-3. You are all quite good at it. Keep saying it, by dinner tonight, you will believe you are 6-0.

what a ****** bag ha
sealyaggies
quote:
quote:

Keep it coming Einstein.

Like I said you are not very bright...You seem to hate everything Houston due to your stupid premise that the Texans botched their expanison draft on rivials now you are stating the Texans best player is a roid head..

chug bleach.
Boy, now that was convincing.

Let me help you and the others. I think I have read if you repeat something 18 times, then it becomes habit forming.

Let me help you with the exercise:

JJ Watt did not take PEDS. He is just a corn fed white boy. JJ Watt did not take PEDS. He is just a corn fed white boy. JJ Watt did not .................
Diggity
AG
quality trolling
Ag_07
AG
Welp...This thread is worthless now.

See ya
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Welp...This thread is worthless now.

seems to happen a lot when sealyaggies leaves his old rivalries cave.
sealyaggies
Man it is quite evident I struck a nerve. None of you will admit it, but I did not state anything that has not crossed your mind in regards to Watt. This is a message board. People give opinions. This little community of Texans fans is very defensive. Put on your big boy pants and quit the crying.

I actually like watching Watt. As I stated, he is a beast. I also liked watching other athletes that I questioned in regards to PEDS. Does it diminish my thoughts of them for their achievements when they get caught? Yeah, to some degree, but probably not as much as others.

To get so defensive and call someone an idiot, ignorant, etc just because they have a difference of opinion than you is pretty shallow.

If you think I am tough on watt, then you have no idea how tough I am on my favorite teams. I am not some sunshine pumper, homer type of fan. Obviously, some people are, some of us are not. If a critical discussion is too much for you, then do not pay attention to my posts.
SQXVI
AG
didn't you sign off like three posts ago?
sealyaggies
quote:
didn't you sign off like three posts ago?

Nope.
BBQ4Me
AG
quote:
Man it is quite evident I struck a nerve. None of you will admit it, but I did not state anything that has not crossed your mind in regards to Watt. This is a message board. People give opinions. This little community of Texans fans is very defensive. Put on your big boy pants and quit the crying.

Never crossed my mind that he takes PEDs because there is ZERO evidence or indication that he takes them. Nothing about his physique, personality, or career trajectory suggests he takes PEDs. You have no shred of evidence. And based on your posts you also lack character.
sealyaggies
quote:
quote:

Never crossed my mind that he takes PEDs because there is ZERO evidence or indication that he takes them. Nothing about his physique, personality, or career trajectory suggests he takes PEDs. You have no shred of evidence. And based on your posts you also lack character.
Because you do not agree with my posts, I lack character? Dude, it is obvious with that weak response, you may lack much more than character. As I stated, quit crying.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think people call you an idiot because you come across as an idiot.
BBQ4Me
AG
Calling you out on an asinine accusation is not crying. HTH
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.