The pot color thread to end all pot color threads

38,034 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by FaceOff26
3B Paul 97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think Law Hall might have been blue pots with yellow writing. It has been a long time though. Maybe an old Law Hall or Puryear Hall resident can verify.

Schuhmacher was originally "Gardenia Green". It went away when the California Colors were discontinued. I think the same thing happened to the Lech-nerds "Oxford Orange".
aBouncedCzech
AG
quote:
Wells (and I'm assuming Eppright and possibly Rudder) never had their own pot scheme.

In '97 Wells Hall Bonfire consisted of one person - the self annoited Wells Hall Crew Chief.

I wasn't self annoited (or self anointed or self appointed), I was given that horrendous task by the Aston Crew Chiefs, namely Sweet Red himself, Dan-o. It was a big joke when someone called their room looking for the Wells Hall Crew Chief, and since I was the only person they knew who lived in Wells, they nominated (or anointed or appointed) me. To my credit, I brought out record numbers that year, in the form of one other person.

The pot was black with a white band around the bottom, and a WB painted on the top. It was then passed down to Nate Dogg, and then Dirty Steve got it.

Wells Hall Bonfire. Last in, first out, you build it, we'll watch it burn.
97AGVET2001
I was the Clements Bonfire Chair in 1995. My pot was navy blue with white lettering as was my mom's and daughter's. After I passed down to Tracy, I'm not sure what happened. I always figured the line died because getting people to go to cut/stack was terribly difficult. Thank God for Lechner is all I can say because those guys made my year as Chair quite memorable even though I had very few from my dorm to share it with.

Happy to see that they at least made this list even if it's with a different color scheme. I think adding the orange lettering is good, especially if they continue to team up with Lechner.

Happy Meal '97
commando2004
AG
In 2004, Clements had a whopping six people participate. Then Mike Winn graduated and things went downhill.
NoACDamnit
leknerd - 6 people is a lot more than they had when it was still on campus.

Bunter - I was out there when Aston helped you stack the "Wells Hall dorm log." Good times.

I meant no offense by the self annoited label. I just hadn't realized the guys had asked you to do it.

[This message has been edited by NoACDamnit (edited 11/28/2006 3:51p).]
commando2004
AG
quote:
Happy to see that they at least made this list

"Making this list" doesn't mean anything. It's simply a list of the most recent pot colors used by each dorm, regardless of how long ago it was. This thread was made in response to an excessive number of people asking "I live in ________ Hall; what color should I paint my pot?"
yankee2001
Is the 1997 Aggieland the one where there is a picture of some Hobby girls roasting marshmallows?

The caption read something like: "The hobby girls roast marshmallows around a perimiter fire and watch as their fellow Aggies build Bonfire."

That was the best picture ever!
commando2004
AG
quote:
"The hobby girls roast marshmallows around a perimiter fire and watch as their fellow Aggies build Bonfire."

At least they bothered to show up.
NeeleyAg06
AG
Neeley Pot - blue pot - white N - no wings (okay, so some have wings, but they are not supposed to have wings fyi)
yankee2001
quote:
At least they bothered to show up

yeah, except that it was their stack shift and they were supposed to be working.
Sock
Hey, I'd rather them be roasting marshmellows than dropping logs on Klug's leg.
yankee2001
True that, but I think the only reason that they dropped it was because they hadn't built their arm muscles up. I think it would have been another story after their 3 hour cut session to fell their ginormous dorm log that year.

MarineBQ04
AG
Band pots - solid white w/black lettering

BQ in front
class year in back
pull out name on one side (ie baby pisshead, etc.)

random quotes and pullouts on it
FedexAggie
AG
The color is "Infantry" Blue, not cavalry, it's not a dark blue or dark red. It's a royal blue and normal color of red.
hbc07
AG
true... its cavalry yellow and infantry blue, not cavalry blue

[This message has been edited by robhakari (edited 12/11/2006 11:14a).]
Deats99
AG
Did I miss the Kiest Hall Section? I think it was Bonfire '94 or '93. Non reg Men on the quad. Part of dorm 1 if memory serves correctly(1/2 corps staff 1/2 nonreg overassigns). I think their pots were white with red axes.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Band pots - solid white w/black lettering

BQ in front
class year in back
pull out name on one side (ie baby pisshead, etc.)

random quotes and pullouts on it

Mostly true...

White pot (or silver for A-Co/B-Co):
BQ on front
Outfit on one side
Baby Pisshead on the other
Year on back
(All "writing" was in year-color [royal blue, red, infantry blue, green)
SteadicaTm
AG
actually aco was chrome.
gotta represent the outhouse crew- all orange with the copenhagen corps stack: inside lined with grode

[This message has been edited by Uli_Kunkel (edited 12/16/2006 3:30a).]
aggiephoenix02
K-1 was black with K-1 on the front & IV-I on the back for class designation. Both the K-1 and class numeral are in the class colors (light blue, Red, Blue, or Green (Green was mine)) outlined in yellow.
CanyonAg77
AG
Regarding Band pots...the Campaign hat (Smokey Bear, drill SGT) for cadets has only been around since fall of 1973. Of course it was around "way back in the day", and had been discontinued. So from 1973-on is the present day incarnation. It was in 1973 that the color=class of the braid started.

Before, back when Corps units were divided by service branch (infantry units, artillery units etc) the braids were by branch, not class year, and folowed the U.S. Army pattern, such as light blue = infantry.

So in the interim before 1973, the "rain gear" for cadets was not the campaign hat with a plastic cover, but was the "pot", which is actually the fiberglass inner liner for a military helmet. If you see an army helmet from about 1942 to 1980 or so, it consists of a "pot" with the support webbing, and the steel liner over the top of that.

So when cadets began wearing hard hats to Bonfire, they had a ready made one, in the form of their helmet liner pot that they had already been issued as rain gear.

The regulation one was olive drab in color, with a small shield-shaped maroon and white A&M emblem on each side. It seems there was a hole in the front where the "A&M" stack could be placed, as on the front of the campaign hat, but I am not 100% sure. My class was issued the pot at first, and received the campaign hat a little into the fall semester. So we wore both at one time or another, but the pot for only a few weeks, and then only when it rained.

However, the Band, always to be different, I guess, had white pots as their issued rain gear. So naturally, Band Bonfire pots were white. These had the shield decal on each side, just like the rest of the Corps.

When I bagan work on Bonfire, most BQs did not put much if anything on their pots. After all, they had to be clean to wear if it rained. But as the campaign hat took over, some guys began putting class years or ranks or "BQ" on the pots, usually done with black electrical tape.

I suspect the more formal designs for BQ pots came after they were completely withdrawn from normal issue, and used only for Bonfire.

In my day, BQs normally did not cut, and only a few got on the stack. Our job was unloading, arranging and stacking logs on the site. We'd sort them by size coming off the truck, and carry selected logs to the base of the stack to be hoisted up and wired in.
aunuwyn08
AG
Appelt are the Avengers I believe
SteadicaTm
AG
REDAG07
TTT
commando2004
AG
TTT at DoctorSnoball's request.
mcjd01
dp

[This message has been edited by mcjd01 (edited 8/26/2007 10:05p).]
mcjd01
AggieBoffs nice to see pictures of Miranda...do you have anymore and if so, will you post the link.

It took me little by suprise, gotta love dorm log though. Love to see her bright and smiling face.
HOGS LEW
Appelt was the Fur Trappers. They had a filthy grode yell.
Gonzo08
AG
To elaborate (since this seems the place to do it) Schuhmacher Pots are flourecent green, Fish and virgins have a black "skunk stripe," their fish name on the back (in black) and class year (preferably in their year's color). CCs have black with a green stripe, and other random folks have green pots with whatever the hell they want on it (usually in black).

Hotard Hilton
1958-2005
R.I.P.
Gonzo08
AG
Edit: Double post

[This message has been edited by Gonzo08 (edited 8/28/2007 2:58p).]
Bird93
AG
Corps "Sister Outfits" (B1, C1, 13, & 6) wore the dots.

B1 - blue w/white pokadots
C1 - purple w/white
13 - green w/white
6 - red w/white
FM-AG95
AG
I was Law Hall Ramp 9 Mule from 91-93 and did not have a pot. Drank a lot of beer, God bless Law.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
SharkLady or anyone else familiar with Appelt: mind emailing me the old grode yell, if you remember it? As class of '04, I never got such sacred rites passed down. mmljg@aggienetwork.com

R.I.P. Les Appelt 1919-2007
BBYD09
AG
I still cant believe that the campus would make Hart change from Hellraisers to Surgeons...
NoACDamnit
ChipFTAC01
AG
Are any of the dot outfits still around? Do they still give out dots?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.