***Logan***

30,939 Views | 238 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AMW2010
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You beat me to it.
AliasMan02
AG
My chart from a while back.

fig96
AG
dromo07 said:

back in my younger nerd days I thought Gibson would have made a perfect wolvie especially during his Lethal Weapons years.
I don't think you would've been horribly wrong.

Jackman has been great, but Gibson could've been good.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The horribly convoluted continuity is just stupid. A major mistake on the studio's part to not even attempt to keep things straight. Deadpool's joke was scathing, IMO.

I'm to the point where I don't even care anymore. I'm anxious to see an R-rated Logan movie, but am not going to waste any time trying to figure out where in the hell this movie fits into any continuity (which it sounds like they don't care, either).

And I'm done with the X-Men movies. The last one was so bad that, after Jackman retires, I'm out.
redline248
AG
dromo07 said:

Singer never gave us an answer all he said that it was possible that Magneto could have put the adamantium back in place. One thing to note is that the "Logan" movie is set in a unexplored universe.

Thanks for all the answers. Wtf is an unexplored universe, though?

And does he still regenerate?

Like Bill, I don't really care once the movie starts, but it's fun to talk about
Dro07
AG
Unexplored meaning that we haven't seen any movies in this universe. The movies prior to Logan did not happen in this universe if that makes sense. This is pretty much a stand alone movie.
redline248
AG
Why in the world...?
TCTTS
AG
You're speaking in absolutes that no one quite knows yet. No one has said that the prior movies don't exist in this universe. There's only been an indication that the events of those movies might have been exaggerated somewhat. The going theory is that certain events from First Class all the way through Days of Future Past COULD have happened in this universe, but most of them were likely exaggerated (for us, the audience) in certain ways.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
...and not only did the X-Men exist, but there was a popular comic book chronicling their adventures (according to the trailer).

Dro07
AG
Found the article where it was referenced in.

http://collider.com/logan-hugh-jackman-x-men-universe/

Quote:

quote from Jackman

"When you see the full movie you'll understandNot only is it different in terms of timeline and tone, it's a slightly different universe. It's actually a different paradigm and that will become clear."

"We wanted to make something really different. Definitely tonally differentEarly on we had the idea for the title not having anything to do with Wolverine in it but just being about the man. And what the collateral damage of being Wolverine your entire life would be."

It could be that the possibility of a time traveling mutant *cough* cable *cough* appears at the end and takes x23 to the past and rebooting the series with Xforce? I don't know its just getting weird with so much resetting and time traveling i wish it would just go to the MCU already.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I quoted this same excerpt a couple pages ago, and it says nothing about the prior movies not existing. Just "a slightly different universe."
MrPlow2010
AG
hurleyag said:

Think they'll go into why the girl doesn't have bone claws?

hurleyag
AG
That answers that.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

(might mean he either didn't like the rest, or can't talk about it, since there is an embargo - I can't tell)
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
So basically, the best X-men movie yet.

I would be sold if I wasn't sure before now.
TCTTS
AG
Embargo just officially broke. The floodgates are open...

Sex Panther
AG
Is this for sure Jackman's last go of it?
TCTTS
AG
I can see him making a cameo in Deadpool 3 or something, but I just can't see him coming back to do a full solo movie again, and especially not another X-Men movie. Who knows, though. Both Jackman and Fox are saying it's his last go around, but if this one does crazy business and is received as well as it's looking like it will be, maybe they find a way to do another.
Sex Panther
AG
People would lose their **** if he appeared in Deadpool, especially if he finally wore the classic costume.
TCTTS
AG
I bet Reynolds manages to get him in a third movie, if not the second.
Bruce Almighty
AG
96% with over 50 reviews. Unbelievable considering how mediocre the first two were. I went from waiting until it was available for streaming to probably seeing it opening weekend.
Madmarttigan
AG
I believe it the trailers have been phenomenal imo. It went from being a maybe to a I need to see this after watching those.

And TC why did your thread get nuked from earlier lol. I'm guessing the politics trolls came in force.
Bruce Almighty
AG
As soon as that thread got linked on the politics board, it was done.
TCTTS
AG
It was stupid of me to even post it in the first place. It was out of genuine appreciation for this board, but I underestimated how the spill-overs would react. And yeah, once mazag went into b*tch mode and linked from Politics board, proving my whole point, it was over.
fig96
AG
Man, I do work for an afternoon and miss all the fun.
YouBet
AG
Dang it. That thread was kind of fun. It was like an alternate universe Politics thread.
Whos Juan
AG
TCTTS said:

It was stupid of me to even post it in the first place. It was out of genuine appreciation for this board, but I underestimated how the spill-overs would react. And yeah, once mazag went into b*tch mode and linked from Politics board, proving my whole point, it was over.
This is why we can't have nice things!!!
titanmaster_race
politics board is the worst
Saxsoon
AG
9.7 on ign
chipotle
I'll wait to Netflix. Been burned by too/two many wolverine movies.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.